Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Nov 7, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #4,668 of 6,385
It's more on the neutral side, slightly warm if it's with the Burr Brown DAC. I am using V1, though, so the V2 may be a bit different.

As everyone said, it's a great match for LCD3 - Burson makes them sound more spacious, sparkly and energetic.

I’m excited to see how the LCD 3s pair with my Aune X7S. It isn’t the most powerful amp out there, but I hope it’s sufficient.

Nov 7, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #4,669 of 6,385
Here’s a comparison from my LCD-3 and my friends LCD-X, both brand new made in 2017.

LCD-3 is the thin line and LCD-X the bold line.

They sound very similar in frequency response, but the tonality is a bit different, as well as resolution.

My LCD-3 Graph looks exactly the same as yours Igor. Strange how the peaks and dips are exactly the same on the LCD-X, just at different amplitudes. How do you compare the resolution?
I find pushing up the 3.9khz dip is what pushes the vocals forward and returns the creaminess of the previous non fazor versions, also helps to push down the 10.5khz spike.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #4,670 of 6,385
It's more on the neutral side, slightly warm if it's with the Burr Brown DAC. I am using V1, though, so the V2 may be a bit different.

As everyone said, it's a great match for LCD3 - Burson makes them sound more spacious, sparkly and energetic.

I’ve owned both. The V2 is a slightly more refined version of the V1 with less grain, very slightly warmer, and twice the power. Maintains the same sparkle and energy of the V1.

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #4,675 of 6,385
Responding to self; Audio46 gave great deal. Great people over there too. And above all, absolutely amazing headphones!
Responding to self; Audio46 gave great deal. Great people over there too. And above all, absolutely amazing headphones!
Just left there myself, it was my first time in the store and wasn’t disappointed! Just got the poly for my mojo can’t wait to here my 3’s with this thing!!!!!

Nov 20, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #4,677 of 6,385
Bought the 800 S and seem to be a little lacking on some songs in the bass department. What is our thoughts about the 800S vs the lcd 3?
Heard a HD800 SuperDupont vs LCD 3.

LCD 3 has a much better midrange - sweet and musical. HD800 midrange was cold, analytical and dry. Bass, LCD 3 is bloomier and has that planar satisfaction. HD800 bass is tighter and HD800 has more mid-bass impact courtesy of being dynamic.
Treble, HD800 had too much and is super bright, I can't handle it. HD800 has better technicalities such as Imaging and soundstage but LCD 3 is no slouch either, just not at HD800 level

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #4,680 of 6,385
Yes just returned the 800S and ordered the lcd3
As I mentioned in another thread. If i don't like the lcd3. I'm going returned them and buy the Hifiman 560. ( reasonbly priced with good bass)
The LCD3's are great headphones. You'll need a good amp to get the most out them. I'm using the Pro iCan and they sound great out of it. Using the Pro iCan with the HD800S and XBass+ turned on adds subbass to them and they sound amazing. But the LCD3's still wins on bass impact. I think you'll enjoy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back