Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Sep 27, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #1,787 of 6,388
Thanks Macedonian. I guess I should ask then what you might recommend to drive the LCD-3's? Looks like you have a GSX MKII? How is it?
Anything that you would recommend around a $2K budget to pair with them?
Thanks.

I'm done with amps now that the GS-X MK2 is here....it's that good. 
size]

For that price range, I'd look at the Burson Soloist or Peak/Volcano as Solude mentioned.

Sep 27, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #1,790 of 6,388
  M8 is an awesome piece of engineering but until I hear one I don't know for sure that it's character meshes with the LCD-3.  I'd kill for some Audio-GD gear made with SMD to get the foot print down.  The ones they do have with SMD are all mid level :frowning2:

fair statement.

Mines going in a rack :) But i do get your point they are massive, pity the shipping across the pond is quite high too..
Lucky for me its close !

Sep 28, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #1,791 of 6,388

I'm done with amps now that the GS-X MK2 is here....it's that good. 
size]

For that price range, I'd look at the Burson Soloist or Peak/Volcano as Solude mentioned.

+1

Oct 1, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #1,792 of 6,388
At last! Today I received my LCD3! Combined with HD800, they give me all I want from music! :D

Oct 2, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #1,794 of 6,388
  At last! Today I received my LCD3! Combined with HD800, they give me all I want from music! :D

Congrats man! Now you can rock hard if you want
very_evil_smiley.gif

I liked what I have heard from your vegan LCD-3 yesterday, i think you may have an airier sound compared to a regular LCD-3.

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #1,795 of 6,388
I got my extended yoke rods in yesterday and they do help a bit with comfort, but I feel that the optimal size for my head would have been somewhere in between the longest length on the shorter rods and the next step up on the extended rods.

Quote:

Congrats! I find that it always takes a few songs to adjust when switching between the two, but that combo covers almost every genre out there and does it well.

Just don't start listening to Stax gear or your wallet will really start hating you.

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #1,796 of 6,388

Congrats! I find that it always takes a few songs to adjust when switching between the two, but that combo covers almost every genre out there and does it well.

Just don't start listening to Stax gear or your wallet will really start hating you.

Thanks, Steve. Yes it does. The switching from one another can be tricky. If you listen  to lcd3 to one song and to the next with hd800, next with lcd3....you will end up not enjoying either :))

I am trying not to get into stax... I don't want to get into the stax amp territory :)) . I am waiting for the dynamics to evolve (and from what I heard some headphones have some areas comparable/better than staxes) :))

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #1,797 of 6,388

I hear the two sides don't have to be the same :wink:

Oct 2, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #1,798 of 6,388

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe 

Grats! The velur ones are also my preference. :)

Originally Posted by steve2151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

True that. As good as the LCD-3s are.

Oct 2, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #1,799 of 6,388
Welcome to the dark side Dan :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back