Need an impedance swing to get colour. Senn yes, Audeze no.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/12/13 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/20/13 at 5:59am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread - Page 120post #1786 of 25419/27/13 at 3:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1787 of 25419/27/13 at 6:03pmThread StarterQuote:
I'm done with amps now that the GS-X MK2 is here....it's that good.
For that price range, I'd look at the Burson Soloist or Peak/Volcano as Solude mentioned.post #1788 of 25419/27/13 at 6:09pmpost #1789 of 25419/27/13 at 7:19pmpost #1790 of 25419/27/13 at 7:38pmQuote:
Mines going in a rack :) But i do get your point they are massive, pity the shipping across the pond is quite high too..
Lucky for me its close !post #1791 of 25419/27/13 at 10:19pmQuote:
+1post #1792 of 254110/1/13 at 3:38pmpost #1793 of 254110/1/13 at 4:08pmpost #1794 of 254110/2/13 at 2:28amQuote:
Congrats man! Now you can rock hard if you want
I liked what I have heard from your vegan LCD-3 yesterday, i think you may have an airier sound compared to a regular LCD-3.post #1795 of 254110/2/13 at 6:07am
I got my extended yoke rods in yesterday and they do help a bit with comfort, but I feel that the optimal size for my head would have been somewhere in between the longest length on the shorter rods and the next step up on the extended rods.
Congrats! I find that it always takes a few songs to adjust when switching between the two, but that combo covers almost every genre out there and does it well.
Just don't start listening to Stax gear or your wallet will really start hating you.post #1796 of 254110/2/13 at 8:12amQuote:
Thanks, Steve. Yes it does. The switching from one another can be tricky. If you listen to lcd3 to one song and to the next with hd800, next with lcd3....you will end up not enjoying either :))
I am trying not to get into stax... I don't want to get into the stax amp territory :)) . I am waiting for the dynamics to evolve (and from what I heard some headphones have some areas comparable/better than staxes) :))post #1797 of 254110/2/13 at 8:52amQuote:
I hear the two sides don't have to be the same ;)post #1798 of 254110/2/13 at 11:27am
True that. As good as the LCD-3s are.
Edited by negura - 10/2/13 at 11:31ampost #1799 of 254110/2/13 at 11:32am
- Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › IEM custom for classical music 8 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 18 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 40 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 49 seconds ago
- › Budget can for movies 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for the Hifiman RE-400 sound in a portable headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for very accurate, over ear, studio headphones that don't... 2 minutes ago
- › how is spacial imaging increased for iems? 3 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude