Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Sep 14, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #1,486 of 6,388
You can include me in that group of marginal due to gear.  Now if you don't like deep bass there really isn't any upper level gear that will make it sound like a British monitor though.

Sep 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #1,487 of 6,388
ZDSE is another I would love to hear being an OTL that really isn't given it's low output impedance but it drives me nuts that unlike the other EC amps it has no toggle from headphone to line.

Sep 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #1,488 of 6,388
  I'll turn and sell the Leviathan within a week just like I did with the WA5-LE, if it can't even live up to the ZDSE.

Cute enough?

In the end that's the only people who's opinion is worth anything.  Those who can spend their money, not fall victim to shiny toy syndrome, and dump the lesser gear regardless of sticker value.  If you love everything, you're not really adding anything to the conversation :wink:

Sep 14, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #1,489 of 6,388
Hence my one-man-amp-recycling venture I've been on as of late.
wink_face.gif
 Don't get me wrong-I'm not one to splurge for the sake of it-I'm just trying to find a rig that bests my favorite so far. So far-I've been failing miserably lol.

P1u is next on the list-I think it arrived at my house today in fact. I'm really curious about it's sound, as comments around here make it sound like it's pretty close to a ZDSE or EC ZDT (HPA).  Time will tell.

-Daniel

Sep 14, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #1,490 of 6,388
Daniel, why haven't you just bit on the GS-X already? Might as well find out while
Levi lies in wait. And considering just how many are fans of it with either LCD or HD800.

Sep 14, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #1,491 of 6,388
I will. :wink:

Just got the Luxman (sexy beast, that) in today-gimme a minute already. :wink:

What is the current wait time on the GSX right now? If I pay the first deposit this coming week, will I be in on the current/next batch? Also-how do the remaining 3 deposits work? I wish he had more info about that on his site-thought truth be told I haven't emailed him about it either.

Also-I'd want a unique faceplate-Justin still does that, right?

-Daniel

Sep 14, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #1,492 of 6,388
  I will. :wink:

Just got the Luxman (sexy beast, that) in today-gimme a minute already. :wink:

What is the current wait time on the GSX right now? If I pay the first deposit this coming week, will I be in on the current/next batch? Also-how do the remaining 3 deposits work? I wish he had more info about that on his site-thought truth be told I haven't emailed him about it either.

Also-I'd want a unique faceplate-Justin still does that, right?

-Daniel

Hurry up!

It was 3 months-ish. If you pay now (if there are any left)..current run/only run is 60 IIRC maybe Dec. Or July, you know how Justin does things.

I believe you put down a deposit then pay the remaining balance when it's ready. Not completely
sure I canceled my order well before I was emailed about color options, etc.

Justin did buy a laser engraving machine for customizations, maybe.

Sep 14, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #1,493 of 6,388
Sweet. I'll probably put down a deposit next week, and find out about custom options at that time. I wonder he'd be opposed to etching "BP Levi stand" on the faceplate? Kidding.

As far as the despoits go-I just figured you paid four of them since he divided them into uh, 1/4s on his site. Anyway thanks for the info-this all kind of hinges on how this P1u treats me, since I'm really just looking at an ss option as a secondary rig. Interested in the GSX for various reasons though-and being balanced is one of them.

-Daniel

Sep 14, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #1,494 of 6,388
  Sweet. I'll probably put down a deposit next week, and find out about custom options at that time. I wonder he'd be opposed to etching "BP Levi stand" on the faceplate? Kidding.

As far as the despoits go-I just figured you paid four of them since he divided them into uh, 1/4s on his site. Anyway thanks for the info-this all kind of hinges on how this P1u treats me, since I'm really just looking at an ss option as a secondary rig. Interested in the GSX for various reasons though-and being balanced is one of them.

-Daniel

Always gotta stir trouble. GS-X vs Levi. Either you or Tari need to get on that.

First things first, run through the P1u. 

Sep 14, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #1,495 of 6,388

-Daniel

you pay 1/4 now, then 2 weeks before shipping justin will contact you with a bill for the remaining 3/4. that's what justin told me at least.

Sep 14, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #1,500 of 6,388
I do... all the time :p

The caveat is if you aren't willing or able to spend on the amp or source, don't bother.  The LCD-2 scales as well but tends to sound just fine out of budget gear that the LCD-3 would sound like a terrible waste of money on.

In my opinion a Burson Soloist level amp, W4S DAC-2 level source is a bare minimum to get value out of the LCD-3.  The same is true of the HD800 but the problem is no system can make me prefer the HD800 over the LCD-3.
For someone who has bought and sold both HD800 and LCD-3 numerous times which he has explained was due to the new amps/DACs that he has changed. What make you so sure that NO system can make you prefer the HD800 once AGAIN over the LCD-3? I have previously quoted you saying that you preferred the HD800 over the LCDs by a LANDSLIDE and based on the what I read from others' comments, that pretty much sums up the impression you gave me and the others that you really enjoyed the HD800 very much during that period, rather than just a pair "listenable" of headphones. And I certainly do not agree at all that saying something you can live with is considered an compliment! (Get off the high chair, man!) Try telling that to your wife "You are someone I can live with, and that is a actually a compliment", and see how she will react to that, or imagine someone tell you that, how would you feel? I will be very surprise if you still think that that statement is a compliment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back