Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Mar 5, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #2,416 of 7,334
The LCD 2C and the Jot are not a good pairing. The LCD 2Cs make you focus on the Jot treble 'steeliness'.
Having similar experiences with the Bimby/Aune X7s (balanced). The 2c Might be too resolving for a lot of recordings. I'm noticing a lot of recordings I classically enjoy are distorting toward the extremes, but recordings with synth instruments (square waves) are fine. Electronic is that much more enjoyable, but sub par recordings with real instruments are exposed with a scarlet letter.

Mar 5, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #2,419 of 7,334
LCD3s are fine; The source is important too. What DAC are you using?
I had more problems with dacs than jot amp per se. I m kinda treble insensitive so there is that. The mojo and mimby into bha1 are not cutting it to match the resolving capabilities of LCD2C I feel.

Mar 5, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #2,421 of 7,334
I Have Audio-gd R2R11, Chord Mojo, and Sabaj DA3. I was thinking of buying a Jot for balanced to used with LCD-3 but you guys rained on that particular parade of mine :)
How are you liking your R2R-11? How do you rate it against the Mojo? Also if you’re after balanced, why not give the Audio-GD NFB-1 a try? Will be a nice step up from the R2R-11 amp and certainly better than the Jot.

Mar 5, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #2,422 of 7,334
I have the WA7d with the WA7TP power supply. The LCD 2C sounds perfect to me.

Mar 6, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #2,425 of 7,334
After 3-4 days of listening to LCD 2C, I feel they are more on the resolving side and less on forgiving side. Heard a lot about how Audeze LCD series generally are forgiving, but I don’t get that experience. They sound really really good from a hugo 2 - reference level good. Hugo 2> BHA1, they lose some transparency and texture but gain more slam, width, maybe dynamism. Hugo 2 > jotunheim the notes start smearing and resonanting here and there, still tolerable. Changing the DAC to mojo or mimby and outputting to bha1,jot,ican se - LCD2C lays bare the weaknesses of both the dacs. Whereas my Hd650 sounds fine even straight from the jotunheim dac amp, or my HE400I straight from the mojo, the LCD2C pretty much demands the Hugo2 as the dac and either straight from H2 or via BHA1 as amp. I have a feeling they will benefit from balanced cable and am seriously contemplating one.

Listening to tidal hifi and Apple music didn’t sound different though from the LCD 2C; leave that one to the HD800S lol.
Okay maybe jumped the gun a bit; the issues I mentioned may be related to cold start of BHA1. The deficiencies I thought i heard from mojo and mimby seem to disappear when headphone amp has been warming for 30-40 min. Anyway enjoying the LCD 2C :)

Mar 6, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #2,426 of 7,334
I would say as we go up the line the source becomes more important. It reveals the problems upstream. So we get better SQ in one aspect, but find another aspect detracts from the enjoyment. Take it to the extreme, and use a phone with MP3s and maybe enjoy those on a cheap V FR HP. But plug in the LCD2 C and them you find out how bad that source is.

Mar 7, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #2,427 of 7,334
I currently have lcd2f. Is it worth getting lcd2c sonic-wise? thanks.

Mar 7, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #2,429 of 7,334
IMO the LCD2 Classic is the buy of the century, I can't believe how good they are for the money. Maybe 90% of the LCD4 performance? Plus they are pretty efficient. Has anyone here tried them out of an iPhone?

Mar 7, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #2,430 of 7,334
IMO the LCD2 Classic is the buy of the century, I can't believe how good they are for the money. Maybe 90% of the LCD4 performance? Plus they are pretty efficient. Has anyone here tried them out of an iPhone?
I'm loving that. I've only heard the 4 briefly a couple of years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back