Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Aug 31, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #17,476 of 18,459
Well I shouldn't say "send them back" but possibly exchange them because of their physical defects.  Honestly the LCD-2 is crapping all over the HD-800 I just recieved.  So yes, I very much so enjoy the sound of the LCD-2.

Aug 31, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #17,477 of 18,459

Quote:
The wood is much lighter than in the past. The leather should be fine. You can also moisten the leather and it will resolve. 

I hope so. 
eek.gif

What would you recommend I moisten it with aside from leather cpr and water?

Aug 31, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #17,478 of 18,459

Quote:
I just recieved my LCD-2, it is much darker than all the other revision 2s I have seen.  It's more like a r1 or first run.  There are also the clear coat is runny down toward the bottom of the cup on both sides.  What do you think? Send them back?

These are for sure R2s they have the new cable and leather headband........

Take some close up photos and send them to Audeze and let them know.  For 1K you should at least let them know the clear coat finish is inferior.

Aug 31, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #17,479 of 18,459

Quote:
I just got my rev. 2 today. When i opened the box i saw that one of the connectors from the yoke came loose and was biting into the leather. 
eek.gif

It seems that the cups were secured to the yokes by a plastic band but one of them was improperly attached.

I'm hoping the leather will "heal" on it's own. Has anyone experienced something similar?

Send an email to Audeze also.  Let them know that shipping was a little rough with your cans.  If no one tells them they can't do anything to improve packing and shipping.

Aug 31, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #17,481 of 18,459

Quote:
Send an email to Audeze also.  Let them know that shipping was a little rough with your cans.  If no one tells them they can't do anything to improve packing and shipping.

Yep, those black plastic cords were way too tight and in danger of marking the soft wood of the cups during transit.  Had a few nervous moments trying to remove them because there was barely any free space to get the tip of scissors or knife underneath to cut it.

Aug 31, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #17,483 of 18,459

Quote:
Why did they need to tie it down? My rev 1 seemed to be just fine without the plastic cord.

It run loose on some just like pooslices.

Aug 31, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #17,484 of 18,459
does anybody know of good products to take care of the wood and leather? i cant find leather CPR here in australia so im hoping someone else can recommend me a good product. also, is there anyway to soften the earpads? im using a one year old second hand pair so im pretty sure breaking in via wearing them wont change that much.

See, this is the problem with this thread, some useful information gets lost in all the rubbish about differences between the two versions that people will just not let go because their ego's constantly want to be proven right!

Rant over, now to answer your question to which I posted about a few pages back so it is not surprising you could not find it amongst all the dross!

I have been using the oil that came with the headphones for a couple of months to treat not only the wood but also the leather as a friend of mine who is a cobbler said it is great stuff, really high quality and perfect for treating leather. Two months in the leather on my LCD's are supple and wonderful, no I'll effects at all.

I have written to Alex about this and he is now testing it on the leather so that they can give the official thumbs up as well!

The combination of Caranuba and beeswax has been used in high quality shoe cream for years, the orange oil acts as a cleanser and natural antiseptic. All ingredients are natural so it should be hypoallergenic as well which is great for folks like me who suffer from allergies.

Aug 31, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #17,485 of 18,459

My LCD-2v2s arrived about a month ago... the felt on the outside of the right driver (just behind the outside grill) is off-centre, and I have a big head so these give me a big of a headache after a day of listening. I also noticed the resonance/reverberation issue that was mentioned earlier in this thread. I haven't bothered to find the excitation frequency, but it's definitely in the vocal range (or harmonics of the human voice) because I was cutting dialogue when I heard it...

All that said. These are the best headphones I've ever heard by a large margin (or I should say closest to my personal taste).

-D

Aug 31, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #17,486 of 18,459

Quote:

My LCD-2v2s arrived about a month ago... the felt on the outside of the right driver (just behind the outside grill) is off-centre, and I have a big head so these give me a big of a headache after a day of listening. I also noticed the resonance/reverberation issue that was mentioned earlier in this thread. I haven't bothered to find the excitation frequency, but it's definitely in the vocal range (or harmonics of the human voice) because I was cutting dialogue when I heard it...

All that said. These are the best headphones I've ever heard by a large margin (or I should say closest to my personal taste).

-D

Can you be more specific about the resonance/reverberation issue?   Exactly what does it sound like and how is it manifested?   I heard some artifacts in two conditions not sure if they are what you are referring to but the phrase resonance/reverberation seems familiar.   How long have your LCD-s burned in?  I heard something like what you might be referring to in the very beginning but most all of it left after extensive burn in and then when I switched out the Audeze stock cable for the Q cable the last little bit disappeared.   ( now I'm too lazy to put the stock cable back in the mix).    

Aug 31, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #17,487 of 18,459

Quote:
I hope so. 
eek.gif

What would you recommend I moisten it with aside from leather cpr and water?

Just use some water. It isn't going to hurt them, trust me. I used to do fine leather products as a profession, custom boots, purses, belts etc. The boots were always wet when worked and I used leather that would cost 50 dollars a square foot. Anyway, just dampen it. 

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #17,488 of 18,459
That's a problem for me as well because I bought them second hand and they didnt come with the wood cleaner. Can you tell me what product it is? I might be able to find someone who sells it here

Quote:
See, this is the problem with this thread, some useful information gets lost in all the rubbish about differences between the two versions that people will just not let go because their ego's constantly want to be proven right!

Rant over, now to answer your question to which I posted about a few pages back so it is not surprising you could not find it amongst all the dross!

I have been using the oil that came with the headphones for a couple of months to treat not only the wood but also the leather as a friend of mine who is a cobbler said it is great stuff, really high quality and perfect for treating leather. Two months in the leather on my LCD's are supple and wonderful, no I'll effects at all.

I have written to Alex about this and he is now testing it on the leather so that they can give the official thumbs up as well!

The combination of Caranuba and beeswax has been used in high quality shoe cream for years, the orange oil acts as a cleanser and natural antiseptic. All ingredients are natural so it should be hypoallergenic as well which is great for folks like me who suffer from allergies.

Aug 31, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #17,489 of 18,459

Quote:
See, this is the problem with this thread, some useful information gets lost in all the rubbish about differences between the two versions

That's rubbish? It might not get us very far, but I'd have thought subjective impressions and comparisons were the meat and potatoes of any thread, this one not excluded.  

Aug 31, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #17,490 of 18,459
Definitely an issue, something might not be locked into place somewhere on the cans.  These things don't resonate for me, unlike my 770's which is primarily due to the plastic enclosure and closed nature mixed with powerful bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back