Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 12, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #14,266 of 18,459

Quote:
Just referring to the Oz LCD-2 buyers (sorry, rest of the world), would not the cheapest course be to buy from Headroom via credit card? At present rates $995 + $45 shipping is AU$982. Pay by credit card and you don't incur the PayPal fee (which I agree is outrageous). Thus you get a Rev2 LCD-2 landed in Oz for less than the US price without shipping.

Or am I missing something?

Because Headroom has their availability listed as on Pre-order. I figured I'd order from Audeze and pay extra on Monday night to hopefully have them before week's end. I got tracking this morning with estimated delivery before 5pm Friday. I'll be pissed if they're held up in customs.

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #14,267 of 18,459
Thanks a lot man.

My impressions are only based on the LCD 2 rev.1. I might say different things with rev.2 But so far as ppl say, the LCD 2 sound still remains. I can sort of guess what rev.2 sounds like.

For those exchanged their rev.1 to rev.2. How did you ship them back? I just got an email from Sankar. He said he doesnt want anything expect the headphone, does it mean just the headphone itself? I dun need to ship any woodbox? cable? even the graph/paperwork? or anything?

Quote:
Hey tupac

I auditioned the edition 8 based on your recs and I gotta say you got good taste in headphones, I was really impressed.

Now after reading all your posts on the edition 8 forum and here, I think you have convinced me to get an lcd2.  Now gotta decide if I should pick up a used one or wait for a newer version...

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #14,268 of 18,459
I'm truly jealous of anyone had tasted the Rev.2~

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #14,269 of 18,459
OH OH,

Well too late, my box and headphones(no cables or anything else) are on the plane somewhere heading back to Audeze. I have not gotten any instructions from Sankar yet, must be email backlog he's trying to clear. So I decided to just send mine back and and email informing him its on the way. And also asking that they upgrade the headband too while they change out the driver.

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #14,270 of 18,459
popcorn.gif

Quote:
OH OH,

Well too late, my box and headphones(no cables or anything else) are on the plane somewhere heading back to Audeze. I have not gotten any instructions from Sankar yet, must be email backlog he's trying to clear. So I decided to just send mine back and and email informing him its on the way. And also asking that they upgrade the headband too while they change out the driver.

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #14,271 of 18,459

Quote:
The LCD-2's are hyped appropriately for the target market (price point and competing headphones).

One would hope that the 009's were better all round, otherwise they would be a rather poor purchase, in terms of both common sense and financial outlay :¬)

As someone else mentioned, they are also very versatile. I tested them powered by a friends Fiio E7/E9 combo and they still output that wonderful sound; they don't need considerable additional outlay to perform.

Edit: do I recall someone on here mentioning the LCD-2's giving them the warm and fuzzies akin to that of the Sennheiser Orpheus set?

Technically the stax is superior, but isn't the LCD2 kicking the ass of the sr009 when it comes to most modern genres like rap, rnb, electronic music ? I don't think i'm wrong saying there is lot more bass in the music nowadays than in the past. I'm not talking about the intrinseque quality of techno or rap, i'm just saying that maybe LCD2 trumps the stax on certain genres and vice-versa. I think it's often neglected on what type of music the headphones have been tested, obviously jazz or classical is very different from rap.
Personnally i listen to a very wide range of music, including electronics and rap, and i'm not sure if the sr-009 would be as versatile as the LCD2s.

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #14,272 of 18,459
So you just sent back ur rev.1 with wood box? Nothing else?

Quote:
OH OH,

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:32 AM Post #14,273 of 18,459
LCD2's (Rev 1) bass is fat and shallow when compared with SR009. It has more impact, sure, but the quality and depth of bass is, once again, not quite up to par when compared with the SR009. I would say the SR009 trumps the LCD2 in most genres. Since you mentioned it, for R&B the SR009 is such a clear winner hands down.

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:36 AM Post #14,274 of 18,459

Quote:
LCD2's (Rev 1) bass is fat and shallow when compared with SR009. It has more impact, sure, but the quality and depth of bass is, once again, not quite up to par when compared with the SR009. I would say the SR009 trumps the LCD2 in most genres. Since you mentioned it, for R&B the SR009 is such a clear winner hands down.

if you say so i trust you since i havent auditionned the stax
ph34r.gif

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #14,275 of 18,459
Wow.. Are we comparing a $1000 headphone with a $5000 one? (also +$5000 amp).

I am a stan for LCD 2. But there is no way LCD 2 is better than SR009 although I never heard of it.

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #14,276 of 18,459
You are also right in that in a small minority of the music I listen to,  the LCD2 still shines over the 009 - when I listen to X-Japan the relative darkness of the LCD2 does compensate for the sometimes harsh voice of Toshi. But for most of the music I listen to, the LCD2 seems no match so far.

Quote:
if you say so i trust you since i havent auditionned the stax
ph34r.gif

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #14,277 of 18,459

Quote:
Wow.. Are we comparing a $1000 headphone with a $5000 one? (also +$5000 amp).

I am a stan for LCD 2. But there is no way LCD 2 is better than SR009 although I never heard of it.

Which comes back to my initial response, IT IS POINTLESS, he should just start his own thread like SR-009 fun club. 

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #14,279 of 18,459
I find it interesting that no one has mentioned anything about the LCD-2's and equalisation 

(someone take the cue) :)

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #14,280 of 18,459
U gonna look back this thread ^^ and carefully. cuz there is lots of noise 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Hi,

When the new version of drivers released? And how its can be identify? [S/N maybe]

What is the sound difference between v1 drivers to v2 drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back