Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 12, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #14,281 of 18,459

Quote:
 I just think they should have called the r.2 the LCD-3.

Quote:
I'm lucky that I'm a pinhead.  none of the 3 LCD's I had were too tight.   HEAVY YES.  Tight no.  

I wouldn't be surprised if they were already working on a lighter version.  I sent two emails to them (info @ and  a week later to support@) at the beginning of May saying that I'd sold my previous pair because of their weight aggravating my lower back-condition and asking if they had any plans to make a lighter LCD.

I did not receive a reply to either email. 

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:07 AM Post #14,282 of 18,459
OH GOD DAMNIT, MY LCD2S ARE REVEALING ALL THE **** ARTEFACTS IN MY POORLY ENCODED SONGS. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
deadhorse.gif

edit

they really censored the word dam.n?.... really now..

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #14,284 of 18,459

Quote:
Eh? I found the LCD-2 to be pretty forgiving to be honest.

Yeah well... When the only things I can currently compare them with are my ad700's, re0's and ck100's - not much to go by :frowning2:

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #14,285 of 18,459
For those who use the LCD2 on a portable amp with 3.5mm plug - do you add an adaptor or get a 3.5mm terminated cable for the LCD2? I am contemplating to use the LCD2 for my office setup (replacing my T5p) with the Stepdance but am afraid that an adaptor may affect the sound. I use a Norse 8 conductor cable for the LCD2 by the way.

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:30 AM Post #14,286 of 18,459
I would like to slow my V1s down a little.  Still searching for that perfect tube amp.  Y'know especially for less than perfect recordings.  Which I have many of.

Jul 12, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #14,288 of 18,459
Yes, SR009 discussion is misplaced here and rubbing people up the wrong way, Googleli, why don't you start a 009 thread and begin it with a full review, maybe using the LCD-2 as a yardstick. That way you can trash the LCD and LCD lovers don't have to read it if hey don't want to.

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #14,289 of 18,459
Quote:
Yeah well... When the only things I can currently compare them with are my ad700's, re0's and ck100's - not much to go by :frowning2:

Sorry mate I wasn't being very clear, I'm genuinely interested because if you just got those bad boys are they the rev.2 version?

Perhaps the new one is significantly more revealing, might be a pain in the down under for people like me with crappy tunes.

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:11 AM Post #14,290 of 18,459

Quote:

Sorry mate I wasn't being very clear, I'm genuinely interested because if you just got those bad boys are they the rev.2 version?

Perhaps the new one is significantly more revealing, might be a pain in the down under for people like me with crappy tunes.

Yup. These are the rev.2 lcd-2's. I haven't had the luck to own the original ones - but I can say that the rev.2s reveal far more than any of my other stuff. :O

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #14,291 of 18,459

Quote:
http://www.thefinalcost.com/shipments/calculate/  This tool can help but I'm not sure if it's totally accurate.

Typically I try to find a place that will ship USPS, that doesn't help with taxes but it does avoid the ridiculous brokerage fees. Moon Audio ships via USPS, I've contacted Drew and the shipping rate was very reasonable if that helps. Taxes paid on top will vary from province to province depending on whether the charge HST or GST+PST or in a few cases just GST. If you don't have a choice but to use UPS here's a page that will help calculate the costs http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html. Unfortunately I haven't found a similar guide for FedEx and worse FedEx bills after the fact so you end up with a nice fat bill in the mail a few weeks after the fact.

Thanks very much, elnero! This info is definitely appreciated. It appears that Moon Audio is the way to go, then. Good stuff.

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #14,292 of 18,459
Great to hear. I appreciate this info, as well as all other comments regarding affordable shipping options for Canucks wanting to get their greedy ears between these cans. My, this thread is moving along at quite a clip...

Quote:

You can contact fulcrumaudio.ca , Paul @ fulcrumaudio is now a canadian Audeze dealer, I just ordered a LCD2 Rev2 with leatherheadband from him at a great price. I know he has another one coming in, email him at info@fulcrumaudio.ca . Fulcrumaudio is also a sponsore here on head-fi ^^

Jul 12, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #14,294 of 18,459
Quote:
I find it interesting that no one has mentioned anything about the LCD-2's and equalisation 

(someone take the cue) :)

Someone has, and very well too (in reference to the LCD-2 r1):

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/551426/my-eq-curves-for-lcd-2-hd650-m50-and-007mk2

Jul 12, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #14,295 of 18,459
There is something to be said now for the sound of both sets of cans.  It sort of reminds me of a tube amp situation. One tube for one sound and another for a somewhat different sound.

That's the best analogy yet for the difference I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back