Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Nov 12, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #6,556 of 18,459
Hey guys who should i email about this? My lcd-2's are fine, but the box that came with it has scratches and the sleeving on the cable that came with it is torn (the Y split part after heatshrink)

I emailed them but they didn't reply me..  any specific person to email to?

Nov 12, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #6,558 of 18,459
yeah i understand, hope im the only one that received such poor quality cables because this is unacceptable for the price i paid. but i think im just unlucky for the cables. the headphones work fine though and its fun to see my friends put them on and see their expression when i play the music
wink.gif

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #6,560 of 18,459

Quote:
The thing is, even the most linear microphones in this world are not absolute linear, +/-3dB is actually not that unusual for a top class microphone, I worked as a sound engineer so I would know (I really hate quoting that, but it seems if one doesn't, one doesn't get taken seriously or could be disregarded as a troll). That's why even well recorded classical music needed to be EQed afterwards to compensate for the inaccuracy of the microphones, placement or even signal degradations because of long cables etc. I'm not doubting your brother's expertise in making accurate recording, but using that to judge the accuracy of a pair of headphones is a bit unfair and that's why I said the most simple and effective way to do it is to compare them with a pair of reference monitors. They may not be as accurate as 100% real life but saying that the LCD-2s are not neutral seems to me a bit pointless because I don't think there are many or any headphones around that are more accurate.
I personally don't use EQ with my headphones because I believe that a lot of good headphones were designed deliberately to have a certain sound signature, like the HD800s, whereas the LCD-2s were designed to sound as accurate as possible, so using EQ to change the sound signature seems to me as defeating the intentions of the headphones designers. 
atsmile.gif

Quote:
I agree on some of that. Fact is, my brother doesn´t have a tube preamp to color the sound...
And we talk about some minor UNlinearity. But i have to lower the bass on the lcd-2 by 3db, and that´s a range that extends from 10hz to 1khz. My brother´s mic is much more linear than that. He also know about the distance, but thank you for writing that. He studies in a music school, and is being trained to be an audio technician.
But about the final sentence, let´s not say stupid things, that is, i never said that EQ is everything. Or else why do YOU think i bought the LCD-2 in the first place, instead of some cheapos in the super market? Don´t want to add anything to that, as you can get to the conclusion.

You say: saying that the LCD-2s are not neutral seems to me a bit pointless because I don't think there are many or any headphones around that are more accurate.
Sorry, but this doesn´t make sense. I´m not making any comparison to other headphones.
In classical music you usually place the microphones very far, so it´s normal that you have to make many compensations.
You say that the lcd-2 were designed to be as accurate as possible, but not microphones. Again, this doesn´t make sense.
I agree that a lot of good headphones were designed deliberately to have a certain sound signature, and i believe the lcd-2 are like that too.
I´m not accusing anyone, but it seems like you want to defent what you bought...or what you sell. I´m pretty tired of reading these posts.
I write my opinions, wich are based on my real life experience, and speaker experience, not other headphones. And it´s not like the lcd-2 are made by God and they´re *quote:designed to sound as accurate as possible and even the most linear microphones in this world are not absolute linear, +/-3dB /end quote*.

Nov 13, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #6,566 of 18,459
does anyone find that whether or not the lcd-2's are turned up they sound really good, but if u turn it up it sounds REALLY good? what kind of equipment can i get to see what is the volume i am listening to? just to protect my hearing

Nov 13, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #6,567 of 18,459
Nov 13, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #6,569 of 18,459

Quote:
does anyone find that whether or not the lcd-2's are turned up they sound really good, but if u turn it up it sounds REALLY good? what kind of equipment can i get to see what is the volume i am listening to? just to protect my hearing

The  LCD2 can be played both at low levels and at very high levels if you decide your ears can handle it. I listen on the Meir Concerto mostly at 8:30-9 and they are plenty loud. I also have listened at 12 and it way lud. They are pretty efficient for a planar and can be enjoyed at the lower levels

Nov 13, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #6,570 of 18,459
Yeah i listen to the meier concerto at 8:30 too, but mostly at around 8. does anyone know if thats a healthy level? how does that mic thing work anyway, how do i use it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back