Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Nov 13, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #6,571 of 18,459

Quote:

Quote:
And it´s not like the lcd-2 are made by God

It's true, but the LCD-2s are made by Chuck Norris!

Eheh, good one
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #6,572 of 18,459
Quote:
Yeah i listen to the meier concerto at 8:30 too, but mostly at around 8. does anyone know if thats a healthy level? how does that mic thing work anyway, how do i use it?

Is that at low gain?

Nov 13, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #6,573 of 18,459
Might bite before you then. We'll see how payday goes at the new job.

Quote:
Quote:
You ordered yet momijiTMO?

Just waiting for a few more paydays before I lay down some new headphones.

Nah mate, I was only kidding before. I'm just going to wait a few months before buying another high end headphone. 

Nov 13, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #6,575 of 18,459

Quote:
Yeah i listen to the meier concerto at 8:30 too, but mostly at around 8. does anyone know if thats a healthy level? how does that mic thing work anyway, how do i use it?

I used to listen around 9-12 o'clock.... mostly 9 or just below though. 12 for when I really wanted some volume of for only one song every now and again :p

Nov 13, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #6,576 of 18,459

Quote:
Quote:

I used to listen around 9-12 o'clock.... mostly 9 or just below though. 12 for when I really wanted some volume of for only one song every now and again :p

How much power does it have?
Have you burned in your phoenix? Has the bass increased with burn in?

Nov 13, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #6,578 of 18,459

Quote:
i couldn't read this whole thing. i was just wondering if people in general feel the lcd-2 is a better headphone than the ps1k or not? or rather, how to the two compare?

thanks

Your kidding right?

Nov 13, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #6,580 of 18,459
no i was not. i feel like a real idiot because i did not even know these existed untill yesterday! your answer to my question could be read both ways by someoen(me) that knows nothing about them. could you please assume i am unversed on this subject and enlighten me a little?

the only thing i know is the lcd-2 is $700-$800 less money retail than the ps1k. i have the gs1k,gs1ki,ps1k among others. i am sorry i did not know of these audeze phones, i feel stupid.

i guess i better start reading through this thread then.

sorry to be wearing the dunce hat today.

Nov 13, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #6,581 of 18,459

Quote:
no i was not. i feel like a real idiot because i did not even know these existed untill yesterday! your answer to my question could be read both ways by someoen(me) that knows nothing about them. could you please assume i am unversed on this subject and enlighten me a little?

the only thing i know is the lcd-2 is $700-$800 less money retail than the ps1k. i have the gs1k,gs1ki,ps1k among others. i am sorry i did not know of these audeze phones, i feel stupid.

Did you just wake up from a coma?
bigsmile_face.gif
<--- I'm only kidding hear.

The LCD-2s are likely the best headphones I've ever heard and truest to real life, while the PS1000s are not the best Grados I've ever heard.

Nov 13, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #6,582 of 18,459

Ya going off of that, I have never heard the ps1k, but of the many reviews I've read, many argue if it's even the best grados around.
Quote:
Quote:

bigsmile_face.gif

The LCD-2s are likely the best headphones I've ever heard and truest to real life, while the PS1000s are not the best Grados I've ever heard.

Nov 13, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #6,583 of 18,459

Quote:
Ya going off of that, I have never heard the ps1k, but of the many reviews I've read, many argue if it's even the best grados around.
Quote:
Quote:

bigsmile_face.gif

There are MANY big Grado fans (myself included) that would disagree with that. Not to mention, they likely never heard a Joe Grado headphone either.
wink.gif

Regardless, I have yet to hear a headphone reproduce sound as true to life and flat (nor see one measure so very well in FR response and square wave patterns) as the LCD-2s.

Nov 13, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #6,585 of 18,459
There is the HE-6 as well. Times is good for Ortho heads surely.

Only disclaimer I will give is that the LCD-2 is sub par regarding soundstage and comfort. Otherwise yes certainly the best headphone I have heard by far. 
Both on a musical and reference level. Very poor on the analytical level because I get lost in the music all the time :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back