Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 8, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #13,681 of 18,459
Now we're definitely going to get to 1000 pages by the end of the weekend 
biggrin.gif

Burn-in is like our crazy cousin Charlie, everybody knows he exists, nobody acknowledges his existence
With that said, I didn't notice anything with the orthos HE-4 and LCD-2 but I may have been so impressed that I missed all of the changes.  I've experienced some burn-in with my RE-Zero IEMs.  Or it could have been the hamsters messing with my mind.

Quote:
No you don´t understand me correctly. Sorry for my poor english. I mean what came out of the people... or better what people writes who thinks speakers betters headphones easily has nothing to do with the truth.

Again for break in time :

People who not hear differences between a new out of the box LCD-2 and one that has hundrets of hours playtime writes about differences from rev 1 to rev 2.  That is very funny...

I have no problem with the fact that People doesn´t hear something but i have a Problem with People they think:  I can´t hear anything and so of course there isn´t anything.

The worst part on this is that People who don´t hear anything writes all the time anything because they think they know anything.  

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #13,682 of 18,459
Yes, Magnepan speakers are often referred to as « maggies », their model named « 1,7 » and « MMG » (partnered with a sub) are the popular choices. You can listen to the 1,7s in boutiques that carry their brand, but the MMGs are factory direct only (so you can have a listen in store to the 1,7s and buy the MMGs online afterwards if the price is more to your liking).

Quote:
Are those the ones people refer to as maggie's? I'll check them out, thanks. 

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #13,684 of 18,459
I need sub $600 speakers.  Whether they be active, powered, or passive/amp combo.  Though not really for my music~ I need a little bit more fidelity than cheapos and tv speakers even for my games/movies.

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #13,685 of 18,459
Quote:
Just sitting here waiting for the FedEx guy to get serious and ring my door bell. 

popcorn.gif

Interesting...

What is the first thing you guys have played / will play on your LCD-2's?

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #13,686 of 18,459

Quote:
I really enjoy the reviews and in depth description of the sound of the LCD 2s, unfortunately I find that I am unable to match this description by the medium of the written (typed) word, and TBH Im not sure my old ears are up to the job, since these superb headphones were recommended to me by Ian (ianmedium) I have listened in awe to them, I still find my description of their sound as bit of a let down, but here goes anyway.

Wow.......................see what I mean? a bit lame, I'll try again.

Wow!!!!!!!!!

[size=xx-large][size=xx-small]Thats better.[/size][/size]

That really sums up my experiences better than I ever could.
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #13,687 of 18,459
as we approach the 1,000 page mark, i'd like to do my part. 
biggrin.gif

do any of you gents know what the current wait time is for the LCD-2s?
i'm about to order a sibling for my early production LCD-2s, and was just wondering.

i'm headed to Ireland for a couple weeks, and if the wait time is somewhere in that time frame, i figure i'll order them now.
But, if there's no wait time, then i don't want them sitting on my door step for a week. 
wink.gif

anyways...   cheers! 
beerchug.gif
  (<--- Guinness)

let's keep the posts coming.  Hampsters ahoy!

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #13,688 of 18,459

Quote:

I think that you are certainly hearing things oldcow:

"Before Shipping we have now added a long burn in test on every headphone with Pink Noise at average level of 95 dB."

It's more likely to be your brain's psychoacoustics adapting to the headphone than any change in the headphone itself.

They nevertheless   recommend 120 hrs. burn in.

For those who don´t hear anything Tyll has the right Headphonerecomendation for you:

I would be curious to read a test from 10 Forumwriters about this headphone. I´m shure eight of them doesn´t hear that for example the polarity is change .

Tyll is a profi and can always describe what in fact the sound of a headphone is like. When I read his reviews it is a no brainer that there is a man who really knows what he write.

That is the difference between him and the most of this Forum.

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #13,689 of 18,459
Ordered on 5 July...had them in my hand 7 July.  I'd say little or no wait.
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Quote:
as we approach the 1,000 page mark, i'd like to do my part. 
biggrin.gif

do any of you gents know what the current wait time is for the LCD-2s?
i'm about to order a sibling for my early production LCD-2s, and was just wondering.

i'm headed to Ireland for a couple weeks, and if the wait time is somewhere in that time frame, i figure i'll order them now.
But, if there's no wait time, then i don't want them sitting on my door step for a week. 
wink.gif

anyways...   cheers! 
beerchug.gif
  (<--- Guinness)

let's keep the posts coming.  Hampsters ahoy!

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #13,690 of 18,459
Quote:
Ordered on 5 July...had them in my hand 7 July.  I'd say little or no wait.
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

riiiiight.
so, i'll order them when i get back from my trip.
which, by my thinking, will give plenty of time for back log to occur. 
rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #13,691 of 18,459

Quote:
They nevertheless   recommend 120 hrs. burn in.

Audeze does? I haven't seen that recommendation nor can I find it, could you please provide a link?

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #13,692 of 18,459
    Quote:

I would be curious to read a test from 10 Forumwriters about this headphone. I´m shure eight of them doesn´t hear that for example the polarity is change .

Tyll is a profi and can always describe what in fact the sound of a headphone is like. When I read his reviews it is a no brainer that there is a man who really knows what he write.

That is the difference between him and the most of this Forum.

I'm really not seeing the point of your obsession in pointing out that a lot of us aren't "professionals".  I'm not a professional, I am an enthusiast.  I can't tell you that the variation in the V1 and v2 treble range is 4.2KHz at 3dB down.  I can only tell you (and anyone else interested) about what I like and describe it in the least embarrassing way I know how (or the hamsters will get me).

That's the point of an enthusiast forum; a bunch of people (professional and non-professional) talking about what they like and dislike about a subject.  Yes there is the occasional debate, the occasional Urinary Olympic Competition, and even the occasional "What did he say?" moment (pls refer to my review).  But that's the thing; get what you want out of people's opinions and impressions, but don't put other people down because they aren't a "real professional".

The first thing a real professional would never do is discount another's opinion, no matter how off the mark they seem to be.

So I ask you, what's your point?
rolleyes.gif

Cheers from a non-professional,
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

P.S. - Sorry, I'm cranky...I was up late listening to headphones I can't describe professionally...
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back