Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jun 21, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #1,998 of 18,459
Maybe I am on the list after all.

I got an e-mail today, and it said at the end, "We are expecting the last part at the end of this month and will be assembling each of your LCD-2's within the first few weeks of July."

o2smile.gif

Jun 21, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #1,999 of 18,459
^^^ You better double check.  I did not order LCD-2 but just asked scheduling question and I got the exactly same mail.  It seems they send to everyone that has ever contacted them (in that database).

On the other hand, I wish I was automatically on the pre-order list
wink.gif
... but I don't think so.

Jun 22, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #2,000 of 18,459
I ordered early in the process, and I never got a positive confirmation that I was on the list.  They charged my Paypal about a week before I received them and got an email from them at that time.  So I wouldn't worry about it.

Jun 25, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #2,001 of 18,459
Used the following equipment to run the LCD-2 for 9 days,Krell monblocks,Moth 2a3,Trafomatic, Sony cd player phone out,Trends audio,
Ipod classic,i phone.Used  speaker and phone plug terminals and Kurki optical cable Siltech, NBS and Crystal cables. I put my opinion short.
If you are looking for the best available headphone in all audiophile terms its clearly LCD-2 but if you are looking for the soul in music its Grado PS-1000.

Jun 25, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #2,002 of 18,459

Quote:
Used the following equipment to run the LCD-2 for 9 days,Krell monblocks,Moth 2a3,Trafomatic, Sony cd player phone out,Trends audio,
Ipod classic,i phone.Used  speaker and phone plug terminals and Kurki optical cable Siltech, NBS and Crystal cables. I put my opinion short.
If you are looking for the best available headphone in all audiophile terms its clearly LCD-2 but if you are looking for the soul in music its Grado PS-1000.

The PS-1000? Fat bottom and overly warm mid-band....that's your opinion and doesn't mirror mine I'm afraid! It's (the PS-1000) WAY overpriced for what it is (IMO). Spent a week with the Grado...and I want my week back! 

The 800 is the standard for "Audiophile" wisdom, the Audez'e transcends those boundaries elegantly and sets a new standard (IMO).

Jun 25, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #2,003 of 18,459

Quote:

The PS-1000? Fat bottom and overly warm mid-band....that's your opinion and doesn't mirror mine I'm afraid! It's (the PS-1000) WAY overpriced for what it is (IMO). Spent a week with the Grado...and I want my week back! 

Plus interest of at least two more days off!

Jun 25, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #2,005 of 18,459
I felt that the Senn HD800 were audiophile-oriented but lacking soul. But I think the LCD-2 have soul in spades!

Jun 25, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #2,006 of 18,459

Please, do not take this in a bad way but more of a scientific way, I'm thinking that objectivity is out the window for kwkarth and smeggy after seeing the following:

Quote:
kwkarth and smeggy, much to your credit, you disclosed your enthusiastic support for LCD early in this thread. Since the thread has grown very long, it may be a good idea to repeat it. Following are excerpts from that disclosure:

kwkarth (4/25/10 at 10:22pm):
I am trying to work with Sankar and Alex on some related projects, but other than the free advise I'm giving them on design of the LCD-2, this is their baby, lock, stock, and barrel. So, while I'm not being paid to sell LCD-2s, I am biased to see them succeed, because I believe the product will be worthy of all the accolades it receives.

smeggy (4/26/10 at 1:58am):
A good number of us have contacted them offering any help or advice we could offer, for free wirth no strings as we're much more interested in a great final product than potential freebies or whatever. . . . This is a case of enthusiasts interacting with enthusiasts who are having trouble containing their glee.

Jun 25, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #2,007 of 18,459

Quote:
Please, do not take this in a bad way but more of a scientific way, I'm thinking that objectivity is out the window for kwkarth and smeggy after seeing the following:

Whatever turns your crank.  
gs1000.gif

So who qualifies in your estimable objective scientific opinion?  Those who are negatively disposed to this product, who want to see the company fail?  Or is it just those who choose not to honestly disclose their feelings in the spirit of full disclosure?

Jun 25, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #2,008 of 18,459

Quote:

If you want to look at things objectively, then consider, from what I understand from other people's comments, that various people offered to help Hifiman develop the HE-5s, and Nankai's reply was to the effect that they wouldn't let customers tune their designs.  The result is that a number of ortho enthusiasts are less than impressed with them.  The LCD2s seem to have been designed a great deal based on feedback and support of ortho enthusiasts, with the result that people seem to be very impressed with them. So overall I think you're looking at this backwards. 
smile.gif

Jun 25, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #2,009 of 18,459
I wouldn't be here if only for the scientific observations - I actually value the personal and subjective decisions of posters here (after careful consideration of their earlier posts too).

Jun 25, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #2,010 of 18,459

Quote:
If you want to look at things objectively, then consider, from what I understand from other people's comments, that various people offered to help Hifiman develop the HE-5s, and Nankai's reply was to the effect that they wouldn't let customers tune their designs.  The result is that a number of ortho enthusiasts are less than impressed with them.  The LCD2s seem to have been designed a great deal based on feedback and support of ortho enthusiasts, with the result that people seem to be very impressed with them. So overall I think you're looking at this backwards. 
smile.gif

Regardless of who designed what, the HE-5s did not impress me at the CJ.  When I heard them on the Schiit Asgard the other day, they were better balanced than I had remembered hearing them @ CJ.  The right amp is important! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back