Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jun 20, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #1,984 of 18,459

Quote:
Cool, thanks.

Well Sir, I wasn't hoping for so very much, and I wasn't disappointed. They make noise, but are far from optimal as they run out of steam rather quickly. If you listen at medium-levels consistently you can make it by. That's been the finding with most (not all) op-amp based...keep it down, and don't expect the World (or optimum performance), your O.K.

Moar Powah = Moar Bettah...

Jun 21, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #1,986 of 18,459
dt880smile.png

Jun 21, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #1,987 of 18,459
I'm getting very close to ordering a pair of the LCD2's, and I'd like to know from you guys who have compared it to the D7000 whether the LCD2 can match the bass presence of the D7000. I know the LCD2's extend very low and is very flat all the way down to 20Hz, but what about the sheer fullness, weight, and punchiness? I mean, the extension is not that useful if it's lower in volume and not substantial enough.

Jun 21, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #1,989 of 18,459

IF they can match the bass of the D7000 (or oh my LAWWWD even better it) while giving a better soundstage and more air... well I don't think I will have any reason to lurk head-fi for the perfect headphone anymore!

This is why I pre ordered the beast though... too bad it was only a week ago.
Quote:
It's been a while since I heard the 7000 but I would say the LCD easily matches them in the bass. The bass goes very deep and they are full-bodied, have oodles of slam and punch. They are solid all the way down. The bass speed and definition of the LCD is outstanding.

Jun 21, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #1,990 of 18,459
I listened to the LCD-2 on A Heed Can Amp this weekend, it sounded really good. I don't know whether it is an ideal match, but it was sweet.

To beat this dead horse called tonality a bit further:  After using the LCD-2 for a couple of weeks, I don't think it sounds dark at all. In fact I think it's one of the most neutral transducers I have heard.  However, I think a lot of headphones sound hot in the highs compared to real music.  

Listening to recordings I made myself (so I definitely know what it should sound like), I think the LCD-2 sounds just about right.  Something like the HD800 sounds very bright in comparison.  

I really like the way they portray detail. They have some of the most detail I have heard from a set of cans.  But the present it in a way that is integrated into the music, without forcing it in your ears.  It's very organic and laid back. 

Jun 21, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #1,992 of 18,459

Quote:
If I were to get on the order list on the Audeze website today, what would the approx delivery date be? Does anyone know?

I was just thinking the same thing, lol. They got back to me shortly after I inquired, right when they started taking pre-orders; I might even have them by now if I had responded then.

But I don't know if I could deal with owning the LCD-2 yet, as I have a feeling that they would render the entirety of my current headphone collection obsolete, and I don't think I am quite ready for that.

Yet
devil_face.gif

Jun 21, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #1,993 of 18,459
I have the same fears... but my headpone collection would buy me an awesome source... and I can always build myself a B22... So it is not all that bad :p

Quote:

I was just thinking the same thing, lol. They got back to me shortly after I inquired, right when they started taking pre-orders; I might even have them by now if I had responded then.

But I don't know if I could deal with owning the LCD-2 yet, as I have a feeling that they would render the entirety of my current headphone collection obsolete, and I don't think I am quite ready for that.

Yet
devil_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back