Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jun 11, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #1,741 of 18,459
They didn't start their numbering from 0, so it is hard to guess....
My LCD-2 performs very well.

Quote:
Does any body know how pairs have been delivered so far and how many people are on the list. I am curious as to how many pairs they can produce weekly and how the ones that have been delivered have been performing to date,

Quote:
I guess no one has any idea's or answer to my question

Jun 11, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #1,744 of 18,459

Quote:
Oh I didn't knew they numbering them! That's cool!

I am sure they sound fantastic. I am just trying to see how fast they are producing them and how long the wait will really be. How long did you wait or were you on the preorder list since December.

Quote:
They didn't start their numbering from 0, so it is hard to guess....
My LCD-2 performs very well.

Jun 11, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #1,745 of 18,459

Quote:

lol..I don't find anything objectionable or unprofessional in that post by Ken. He is well within his right to address slander as slander. 

Not to beat a dead horse, or prolong the back and forth banter...BUT we have PM's for separate discussions. And, to "attack" at the notion of an innocent observation from a member by a MOT isn't acceptable in my view......I was a bit dismayed when I read Ken's response. If it was an error Edwood would clear it up....

Jun 11, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #1,746 of 18,459

Quote:

Not to beat a dead horse, or prolong the back and forth banter...BUT we have PM's for separate discussions. And, to "attack" at the notion of an innocent observation from a member by a MOT isn't acceptable in my view......I was a bit dismayed when I read Ken's response. If it was an error Edwood would clear it up....

That was the first thing I thought

Jun 11, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #1,747 of 18,459

Quote:

If you had bothered to read through that thread, there was a clarification posted by Kevin Gilmore that it was an absolute phase issue, and I also posted that I had not had a chance to listen to a stock pair of LCD-2's for comparison.

Sorry if you are taking the confusion the wrong way. 

Either way, I heard what I heard.  As to what is to blame is still up in the air.  If what you are saying that the cables were wired properly is true, then something was still amiss with the LCD-2's I heard.   I stand by what I said that the LCD-2 I heard at CanJam did not sound right, it's soundstage and imaging were "off".  I had a few test tracks that are very sensitive to absolute phase, and sounded very off.

Not really lax, the new forum moderation tools suck, they are being in the process of being fixed, but as it stands, it makes moderating multiple forums much more difficult than before the forum change.

-Ed

Ed, Sorry for blowing up, its all very frustrating though and there were many posts laying blame. I for one am not immune to mistake.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jun 11, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #1,749 of 18,459
Look, I listened to both pair, stock and the ALO cabled pair on the new Cavalli amp. I definitely preferred the stock pair to the ALO cabled pair. Not sure what was the cause of the difference, but it was indeed noticeable. So Ed is not alone.

Jun 11, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #1,750 of 18,459

Quote:
Ed..don't want to get into a back and forth thing with you here..

The LCD-2 isn't just any other headphone in my view. It is hella resolving and quite possible that you did hear it only on that. 

I have heard speaker systems going into thousands of $$, when only one or two that are exceptional could show phase shift in the electronics when they were being swapped about. 

Lets just get past this now shall we..at least until proven one way or the other.

No doubt the LCD-2 is a top end pair of headphones, but I've also heard, previously owned, do own top end gear as well.  But yeah, we hear what we hear, not all ears are alike as well.

-Ed

Jun 11, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #1,751 of 18,459
Quote:

Ed, Sorry for blowing up, its all very frustrating though and there were many posts laying blame. I for one am not immune to mistake.

Ken

For what it's worth, Ken, I did confirm that your cables (and the two headphones that used them) were correct in their wiring, so no mistake was made on your part there.  There will likely be further clarification of this posted soon.

Jun 11, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #1,752 of 18,459
On a lighter note, people (several) that have the Audez'e on order, are gearing up to have a cable ready when their LCD-2 arrives.

I just spent some time using the supplied cable and making my comparisons of the ALO (single-ended) I have.

Gear in use was the PS Audio PWT/PWD and the Leben CS300XS. I pulled out the trusty, venerable old Cowboy Junkie "Trinity Sessions" 8568-2-R (most folks have this in house) 1988 BMG Music Canada. I've had this recording over twenty years and it always impresses.

I relied on track 5, the Hank Williams standard "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry"

With the supplied cable it was clean, tidy and had good focus. The after-market (ALO) was more open, rounder and sounded more as life made it. The opening Bass notes using the after-market (ALO) were fuller, offered more texture and sounded more complete (start to finish). The Guitar in the left channel (with supplied cable) was again clean and tidy...but had no sense of the reverberated space that is it's make up. The ALO captured the openness and welling sense of space fully.

The cymbal work is for the ages on this recording. The supplied cable was closed and clean and had good "ting", yet I couldn't make out the metallic (read:Brass) "swish"..that twinge surrounded by air and that endless decay until I inserted the ALO. That and the stick use and placement, and the varying striking forced used was washed out on the standard cable. 

When Margot starts to sing on this track the opening of her mouth (the little pops n' ticks of dry mouth) are well audible with both, but her haunting first note is smaller in scale (yet clean) with the stock cable by comparison. With the after-market cable you can sense the open reverberation quality of that note and the race for space.

Either building or buying some good wire will make an impact.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back