Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Nov 17, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #1,862 of 13,134
Is it just me or is Audez'e Support just awesome? I've had numerous small issues and favors and Audez'e will bend over backwards to make me a happy customer. I love these guys and their products. I have no hesitation from buying from them because I know their full support is behind me. They don't ask questions, they fix it, or replace it and ship them back ASAP and do all they can to keep you happy. I feel the love.
beerchug.gif

Nov 17, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #1,863 of 13,134
ahh yes you guys are right, my bad!

What I mean is, is it a good time to get a LCD 2. Since new technology is used in the x series, would it be wise to buy 3 year old LCD 2?

Nov 17, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #1,864 of 13,134
Does anyone know how Audeze deals with their products after the warrenty runs out? I know a number of companies are extremely relaxed about their warranty where they just replace anything gratis regardless of age, while others are very strict.

Nov 17, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #1,865 of 13,134
  ahh yes you guys are right, my bad!

What I mean is, is it a good time to get a LCD 2. Since new technology is used in the x series, would it be wise to buy 3 year old LCD 2?

The new X is $1700. And is said to be better than the LCD-2. Again it's probably a personel decision. Nothing really out there that can give you what the LCD-2 can give you at $995. HE-500 maybe? But that's about it. Everything else is either priced higher or sounds very different from the LCD-2. If you have the money I would say get either the X or the LCD-3 if you're into the Audez'e house sound. I think the LCD-2 is still pretty darn good for my purposes, which is to enjoy music.

Nov 17, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #1,866 of 13,134

The new X is $1700. And is said to be better than the LCD-2. Again it's probably a personel decision. Nothing really out there that can give you what the LCD-2 can give you at $995. HE-500 maybe? But that's about it. Everything else is either priced higher or sounds very different from the LCD-2. If you have the money I would say get either the X or the LCD-3 if you're into the Audez'e house sound. I think the LCD-2 is still pretty darn good for my purposes, which is to enjoy music.

Hmm thanks for the insight. I used to own the HE-500, loved it, before selling it as i was going fully portable.

I've read a few impressions on the X, I don't think the sound appeal to me. I'd rather splash a little bit more for the LCD 3. Problem is, if i get the LCD 3, I won't have money for an amp. I just have my little trusty portable 2stepdance!

Nov 17, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #1,867 of 13,134

Hmm thanks for the insight. I used to own the HE-500, loved it, before selling it as i was going fully portable.

I've read a few impressions on the X, I don't think the sound appeal to me. I'd rather splash a little bit more for the LCD 3. Problem is, if i get the LCD 3, I won't have money for an amp. I just have my little trusty portable 2stepdance!

Sounds good angelblood. Building a nice rig one piece at a time isn't bad. You can't get the LCD-3 and then get a nice amp and dac for them later. One at a time until you have your nice rig. I'm honestly thinking about selling my HE-500/LCD-2 for the LCD-X. I love both my headphones but the itch to try something new is there for me. I haven't made a deicions yet as I'm 100% happy with my set up at the moment. LCD-2 is Awesome. so I'm thinking it  is something I probably should stay with.

Nov 17, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #1,868 of 13,134

Sounds good angelblood. Building a nice rig one piece at a time isn't bad. You can't get the LCD-3 and then get a nice amp and dac for them later. One at a time until you have your nice rig. I'm honestly thinking about selling my HE-500/LCD-2 for the LCD-X. I love both my headphones but the itch to try something new is there for me. I haven't made a deicions yet as I'm 100% happy with my set up at the moment. LCD-2 is Awesome. so I'm thinking it  is something I probably should stay with.

Hmm, so tempting XD I might just do that, buy the headphone first, then later upgrade the amp.

Haha i feel you! Even if you are 100% happy with current rig, curiosity and the upgrade bug gets the better
very_evil_smiley.gif
Hmm.. For the price of the X, you can almost get the LCD 3, don't you ache for that? Besides, people's impressions are generally that it is considerably brighter.

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #1,869 of 13,134
The LCD-X is not a bright headphone by any means--the Audeze house sound is very much present. I prefer the LCD-X to the LCD-3, but for that kind of outlay, I'd audition both before buying one. The LCD-2 is still awesome in my book, and well worth buying.

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #1,870 of 13,134

Welcome to the club! Yup Amazing is a great way to describe them. I love LOVE mine too!
beerchug.gif

this is the first headphone i've used the word love with besides a grado !! lol

Nov 18, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #1,874 of 13,134
  The LCD-X is not a bright headphone by any means--the Audeze house sound is very much present. I prefer the LCD-X to the LCD-3, but for that kind of outlay, I'd audition both before buying one. The LCD-2 is still awesome in my book, and well worth buying.

You're right, the best way would be for me to audition, but as far as i know there is no where near me in the UK to demo the LCD's.

In your opinion, which makes more sense: buy LCD2 and a decent amp OR buy LCD3 but with no more funds for a decent amp (only amp i got is a portable 2stepdance).

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #1,875 of 13,134
You're right, the best way would be for me to audition, but as far as i know there is no where near me in the UK to demo the LCD's.

In your opinion, which makes more sense: buy LCD2 and a decent amp OR buy LCD3 but with no more funds for a decent amp (only amp i got is a portable 2stepdance).

I'd rather have the LCD-2 and a good amp/dac setup than an LCD-3 or LCD-X with a low-end amp/dac setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back