Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jun 26, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #1,381 of 13,139
Quote:
My comfort issues with LCD's stem from pressure from the headband during long sessions.  I learned to sit the hand a little further back on my head than I'm used to, and that made it so I could listen comfortably as long as I want.  There's no getting around the weight though.

My comfort issue has to do with the headband pressing down on my scalp. It's strange but, I'll get in a groove where I can wear my LCD-2s for a while with no issue. Where it starts to get broken in and comfortable. Then one day, the headband will start to give me a headache. Maybe during long uses, the weight just starts to press down too much, and that is what is causing it.

But yeah, that's my only real gripe. I guess I just have a sensitive scalp, because that's usually the #1 issue I have with certain cans. It's never an issue with my neck/or my jaw, it's the scalp. Unfortunately, I can't do "scalp exercises". 
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #1,383 of 13,139
After listening to the HD800s for a month put back on my LCD 2 and felt the planar again. I cant decide which is better. Everyone help me and just buy them both and put an end to the madness. 

Jun 27, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #1,384 of 13,139
Quote:

My comfort issue has to do with the headband pressing down on my scalp. It's strange but, I'll get in a groove where I can wear my LCD-2s for a while with no issue. Where it starts to get broken in and comfortable. Then one day, the headband will start to give me a headache. Maybe during long uses, the weight just starts to press down too much, and that is what is causing it.

But yeah, that's my only real gripe. I guess I just have a sensitive scalp, because that's usually the #1 issue I have with certain cans. It's never an issue with my neck/or my jaw, it's the scalp. Unfortunately, I can't do "scalp exercises". 
biggrin.gif

I have the same issue with both my AKG-K701 and the LCD2r2. I have to just move the headband forwards and backwards on my scalp over the course of the day or it will hurt. Bummer, they are great cans.

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #1,385 of 13,139
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Not sure if you already have it, but getting the original foam headband may be the answer. I as well am really picky about this and with the foam headband I never had any issues at all.

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #1,386 of 13,139
Quote:
Do some audiophile weight-lifting to strengthen your neck muscles! 
evil_smiley.gif

Its been a few years but I tried out some neck exercises I use to do back in high school for wrestling. After 5 days big improvement now its 2 hours till I feel my neck hurting a bit.  You lay on your back. Put your feet flat on the floor, then bend your head so all the weight is concentrated on your neck.  Then like a specially challenged fish alternate b/w reaching out to the distance with each arm. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #1,387 of 13,139
Can anyone compare the comfort of LCD-2 to HE-400?  The specs say that the bamboo LCD-2 is only something like 50 or 60 grams heavier.  I was really worried about making the switch to LCD-2, but if it is just about as comfortable I think I could do it.

Jun 28, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #1,388 of 13,139
I compared the rosewood lcd2 to he-400.  lcd2 had better short term comfort (anything under 20 mins) to me because of the better earpads.  HE-400 had better long-term comfort because the headband is better and it weighs less.  I'm sure the bamboo lcd2 alleviates that to some degree, but not all.

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #1,391 of 13,139
Thanks for the help TMRaven.  It seems that no matter what headphones I am looking at you are the guy who ends up answering my questions :)

I think I will keep my LA2000 and HE-400 combo for at least a little while.  If I don't use the LA2000 much anymore, I might as well sell both and get an LCD-2.

Jun 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #1,392 of 13,139
You can bend the headband to reduce clamp. I can wear my LCD2 for hours with no bothersome effect because I reduced the clamping force. I still made sure I got a good seal but at the same time reduced clamping so that the pads wouldn't compress and my face wouldn't ride the earcups.

For reference, I have to reposition my K702 constantly because those damn bumps on the headband dig into my skull.

I find the LCD2 comfortable. I might be in the minority :p

Jun 29, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #1,393 of 13,139
Then we are both in the minority.:)

It has come to the point now where I am so used to the LCD 2 that they seem to disappear after a few minutes.

I even find myself searching for the clamping sensation on other phones as I've come to associate the feeling to good sound. :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back