Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jun 20, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #1,351 of 13,139
Quote:
That's like the best photo of the LCD-2 I've seen in a long time.
eek.gif
 I shudder to think what you can produce if you took your time with the camera/flash.

Oh haha well thank you 
size]
 I should really spend some more time with my camera since I am on holidays for 3 weeks starting today. Also should see if I can work some extra days so I can purchase some more goodies.

Jun 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #1,352 of 13,139
Quote:

That's BS, the earpads only result in a positive improvement as they provide a better seal. I have LCD-3 pads on my Rev 2s myself.

Nope. LCD-3 pads on the LCD-2's weren't a good thing. Vegan pads on LCD-2's were lovely.

Jun 21, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #1,354 of 13,139
Quote:

Yep. LCD-3 pads on the LCD-2's made a slight improvement in bass tightness.

Rather just have the LCD-3 
biggrin.gif

But to each their own.

Jun 22, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #1,355 of 13,139
Debatable question but for those who needed to make a special financial effort to get the LCD3 over the 2s, are the 3s worth the not inconsiderable price difference? I hope this is not too much a personal question to ask. I know I would need to.

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #1,356 of 13,139
Quote:
Debatable question but for those who needed to make a special financial effort to get the LCD3 over the 2s, are the 3s worth the not inconsiderable price difference? I hope this is not too much a personal question to ask. I know I would need to.

They aren't $1000 better. They are better. Just not double the price better.

You do pay for the last 10%.... 

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #1,357 of 13,139
Quote:

Not to me. I actually preferred the presentation of the LCD-2. I am sure if I spent lots more time comparing them with various sources and amplifiers I would probably prefer the LCD-3, but I don't see that as being a very smart thing to do especially if I had to sell half my gear just to get the LCD-2...

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #1,358 of 13,139
Quote:

If you have to consider price into the equation, it's not worth it. However I feel the enjoyment the LCD-3 brings is 
more than the LCD-2's and that for me makes it all the worthwhile.

You should definitely try to audition a pair out before buying, without question. 

Jun 22, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #1,362 of 13,139

I was faced with the same choice. Actually agonized over the decision for quite some time. BUT the excessively dark bassy nature of the 2r2s was bugging me A LOT. And not auditioning the 3s first I was really nervous about kicking out another thousand for them.

Well fast forward to now and I have the 3s and extremely happy with these cans. Still has awesome bass but its like everything has been moved up an octave just overall not as dark. And now have some soundstage. To me the improvement is closer to 50%. And very much worth the extra money. Of course that is just my opinion and Your mileage may vary. As usual hi-fi is a very subjective pursuit.

I can tell from what I like that the day will come when I get the HD800 with prolly a Decware Taboo or a Zana Deux amp with possibly a WS4 dac. But for now the Mjolnir/Gungnir are very nice paired with the LCD3. No big hurry to move further right now. But are the 3s worth the extra money? Absolutely yes. No doubt.

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #1,364 of 13,139
I still love my LCD-2 rev 1.
I upgraded to LCD-2 rev 2 long while back but preferred the LCD-2 rev 1 so I went back.  
I know it's a minority but anyone else still love the first and classic version 1 over all the other revisions?

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #1,365 of 13,139
There was a huge improvement in the LCD-2 R2 sonic quality around summer of 2012, six months after the whole LCD-3 veil issue, maybe like three months after that got sorted out. These new R2s sound crazy better than the older R2s from 2011. I honestly thought they had put in LCD-3 drivers into my rosewood cups on accident.

Just sayin...
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back