Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Mar 1, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #991 of 13,134
[size=9.5pt]Well I've had these headphones coupled with a Schiit Modi and Lyr for over a month now, when I got them I had a suspicion that my appreciation of them might wane as I got more used to them.[/size]

[size=9.5pt]The truth is, after dealing with poor car audio and radios playing at work every day, I keep coming home to these at night pleasantly surprised and warmed.[/size]

They are completing my afternoons like I never could have imagined, and are becoming an integral part of my lifestyle quickly.

I never expected a set of headphones to do this to me.

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #995 of 13,134
Just received my LCD-2s, put the Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 on straight out of the box.

I must confess, all the hype had me wondering, but man these things are sweet!  The sound signature is addicting!  I know they'll improve with run-in, but they are sounding pretty sweet right out of the box!

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #996 of 13,134
Quote:
Just received my LCD-2s, put the Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 on straight out of the box.

I must confess, all the hype had me wondering, but man these things are sweet!  The sound signature is addicting!  I know they'll improve with run-in, but they are sounding pretty sweet right out of the box!

Congrats!

Yeah silver cable is the way to go with these too. imo

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #997 of 13,134
Quote:

Thank you. Appreciate it!

No problem. 
size]

Mar 5, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #998 of 13,134
Anyone has ever tried to replace the felt inside the grill?
By curiosity, I replaced the felt with thinner and smaller one. I feel this makes the openness extended.
I feel the weakness of LCD2 is the openness, and this mod resolved this somewhat.
It is very excited experience to me.

Mar 6, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #999 of 13,134
^ Interesting. Did you read the thread about Purrin's TP mod to the original LCD3? (Sorry, I don't have a link but should be easy to find).

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #1,001 of 13,134
Just got my LCD-2 yesterday. Running them off a Schiit Bifrost (USB) + Lyr (JJ E88CC) and it's not bad at all.

Frankly, I don't know if it's $700 better than the AKG-K701's I had been using - maybe I just need time to adjust...

I also have two other pairs of tubes for the Lyr I bought at the same time from Schiit but haven't used yet. That could also change things.

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #1,002 of 13,134
Quote:
Just got my LCD-2 yesterday. Running them off a Schiit Bifrost (USB) + Lyr (JJ E88CC) and it's not bad at all.

Frankly, I don't know if it's $700 better than the AKG-K701's I had been using - maybe I just need time to adjust...

I also have two other pairs of tubes for the Lyr I bought at the same time from Schiit but haven't used yet. That could also change things.

Yeah the LCD2's are completely different to the K701's, so it depends on what music you listen to. The K's are great at classical and anything that requires a bit more soundstage. The LCD2's are great for a more intimate/closer feel. I find the LCD2's are fabulous for jazz and small ensemble. The K701's I use for orchestral and ambient.

Also give the LCD2's a bit more time. Most peeps are underwhelmed to begin with :wink:

Mar 7, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #1,003 of 13,134
Quote:
Yeah the LCD2's are completely different to the K701's, so it depends on what music you listen to. The K's are great at classical and anything that requires a bit more soundstage. The LCD2's are great for a more intimate/closer feel. I find the LCD2's are fabulous for jazz and small ensemble. The K701's I use for orchestral and ambient.

Also give the LCD2's a bit more time. Most peeps are underwhelmed to begin with :wink:

Those tubes need to run in also.  And different tubes will definitely change the sound signature of the Lyr, some for better, others for worse.

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #1,004 of 13,134
+1. And none of the stock tubes show off Lyr's capability with LCD2 would be a fair summary, IMHO.

Mar 8, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #1,005 of 13,134
Quote:

I really prefer the sound of the valhalla tubes over that of the E88CC with my LCD2s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back