Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Feb 4, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #946 of 13,132
I'd honestly appreciate an aluminum- or composite plastic- shelled Audeze more than the current offerings. Wood will surely last a while with care, but in the end it is organic and is subject to natural degradation and weakening over years, especially as Audeze doesn't do any heavy lacquering to seal the wood fully.

Feb 4, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #947 of 13,132
Sorry if this has been asked, does a standard Dynalo have enough juice to power the LCD2 well? I've got a Sheer Audio HA006+ and am thinking about stepping up from the HE400 (which it powers very well) to the LCD2. Being able to keep my existing amp would make it much easier to do.

Feb 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #948 of 13,132
Quote:
Sorry if this has been asked, does a standard Dynalo have enough juice to power the LCD2 well? I've got a Sheer Audio HA006+ and am thinking about stepping up from the HE400 (which it powers very well) to the LCD2. Being able to keep my existing amp would make it much easier to do.

Shouldn't be a problem, not familiar with Sheer Audio but GS-1 and GLite (both Dynalo design) power them just fine.

Feb 4, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #949 of 13,132
Meanwhile, I'm just enjoying how the whole musical performance unfolds in front of me if I close my eyes while listening. It is amazing how the LCD-2 renders the scene, like experiencing the performance in a completely dark room.

Feb 4, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #950 of 13,132
hi guys i have a question how do the lcd2 sound with music like 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcSM0v9XcWA  - 

Quiet - Rachael Yamagata

Norah jones, diana krall, massive attack, portishead, trip hop, radiohead, some deftones, flying lotus, perfect circle, some ambient music, chill, sunshine soundtrack, electronic?

thats pretty much what i listen to, alot of female vocals, trip hop, electronic, and some rock, acoustic. im kind of looking for a musical fun headphone, i want the female vocals to blow me away

Feb 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #951 of 13,132
Quote:
Shouldn't be a problem, not familiar with Sheer Audio but GS-1 and GLite (both Dynalo design) power them just fine.

Nods.  Way more than enough power and will be 3dB quieter than the HE-400 at the same spot on the sweep.

Feb 4, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #952 of 13,132

Nods.  Way more than enough power and will be 3dB quieter than the HE-400 at the same spot on the sweep.

Excellent, thanks guys. Now to start squirrelling away some money where my wife can't find it.

Feb 26, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #953 of 13,132
as posted in the HD800 thread, I might be buying a lcd-2 in the future after I got my V800. The main "issue" I might have with the lcd-2s is that they look pretty uncomfortable judging from pictures compared to the HD800. Does the Alcantara finish on the lcd-2 give them a different sonic sound or the different finish has no effect on the sound? How is the comfort with the non-leather model?

Feb 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #954 of 13,132
I think the vegan material is more comfortable and the pads seem to compress a bit more than the leather ones. I like the feel of the material in the hand better too. I like the look of the matte brown better than the shiny black. Looks much more sophisticated, IMO.

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #955 of 13,132
Quote:
as posted in the HD800 thread, I might be buying a lcd-2 in the future after I got my V800. The main "issue" I might have with the lcd-2s is that they look pretty uncomfortable judging from pictures compared to the HD800. Does the Alcantara finish on the lcd-2 give them a different sonic sound or the different finish has no effect on the sound? How is the comfort with the non-leather model?

I wear mine for hours.  The way headband and supports are designed the weight and clamping pressure is reduced by angling out the supports.  My only knock is laying down.  You can't move your head.... but then you can't turn you head much with any can.

I have both the LCD2 R1's and LCD2 R2's.   The pads on the R1's are much softer than the R2's  Both are leather.

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #956 of 13,132
I don't get why most Audeze owners are afraid of just flexing their LCD headbands with their hands to loosen them up. It is a common practice amongst Hifiman owners, heck even the Hifiman owner's manual includes a section with graphical diagrams showing you how to flex the headband yourself.

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #957 of 13,132
Quote:
I don't get why most Audeze owners are afraid of just flexing their LCD headbands with their hands to loosen them up. It is a common practice amongst Hifiman owners, heck even the Hifiman owner's manual includes a section with graphical diagrams showing you how to flex the headband yourself.

I would if I needed to.
I got lucky that out of the 10,009 different head shapes mine I fit em' straight out of the box.

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #958 of 13,132
Quote:
I would if I needed to.
I got lucky that out of the 10,009 different head shapes mine I fit em' straight out of the box.

There's the fit with the contours of the cranium, but also the tensile pressure inside the spring steel core of the headband which determines the clamping force. You could have a headband that fits very well to your head but still clamps like croc jaw, or something that clamps very loosely but still puts pressure at the pressure point. Hand-flexing the headband can be done to fix either or both of these issues.

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #959 of 13,132
Quote:
There's the fit with the contours of the cranium, but also the tensile pressure inside the spring steel core of the headband which determines the clamping force. You could have a headband that fits very well to your head but still clamps like croc jaw, or something that clamps very loosely but still puts pressure at the pressure point. Hand-flexing the headband can be done to fix either or both of these issues.

+1

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #960 of 13,132
got my LCD-2s a couple of months ago. I have no complaints. I 'get' what people talk about re: the fit but mine don't bother me and I wear them for hours. I like the LCD-2s and I just ordered the LCD-3s today. I wish I could just keep both but got to sell my 2s to support my LCD habit. They'll be on the market soon but consider me a loyal Audeze fan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back