Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Oct 25, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #13,082 of 13,134
Tonight I decided to listen to the same album (Daft Punk Discovery) on my various setups, e.g. Speakers, CD Dac vs BF2/64, Anandas, Computer, G111 MK2. Saved my favorite for last, my beloved LCD-2C on the BF2+G111, oh yeah. So warm, and some tones/notes were just hitting the spot so good, and there was this depth to the sound as well. This is the experience I crave, and have only gotten it with the LCD-2C.
I am new to higher end cans, been an IEM/DAP guy for a long while, but I have never heard depth and tones like this. I guess I could upgrade to a higher model of Audeze, but why? At least not now. I will check out higher end stuff at CanJam Dallas for fun, and might even upgrade my Amp at some point. Youtube reviewers and threads go on about the short comings of the LCD-2C, but I also read all sorts of poo poo on the higher models as well. Also, I hear the thinner diaphragm higher end Audezes may not be as reliable as the LCD-2C. Anyway, I encourage you to listen to this album on various gear you might have, then on the the LCD-2C (I don't EQ), here are the tracks that were so good.

Oct 28, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #13,083 of 13,134
I picked up a pre-fazor LCD-2.2 about a year ago,the pads on it were worn out so I replaced them with the newest ear pads from Audeze.They sounded good,but not the same as I remembered from the LCD-2.2 pre fazor I had and enjoyed a decade ago.The newer pads are different and sounded a little brighter,but seemed to have lost that slam I remembered from my original set.
Decided to order a set of Dekoni sheepskin pads as they looked a lot like the old LCD pads and had decent reviews.After giving them a listen I feel like my LCD-2.2 have recovered some of that same magic I enjoyed with my original set,the bass is back along with that slam.Hard to explain but they just sound a little bit more analog and less digital now.Did sacrifice a little detail but the trade off is worth it.
That’s my impressions after a couple hours of listening,maybe that’s just my brain telling me I didn’t waste my time and money ripping out a perfectly good set of ear pads,but I’m liking the move so far:)

Oct 29, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #13,089 of 13,134
I am using the audeze lcd-2's

do any of you guys know if audeze sells the baffle like foam pieces that go on the inside of the headphones then the pads go ovedmr that?

I seen someone on YouTube have have them and put them in the headphones before replacing the pads.

I don't know what their called anyone help?

Oct 29, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #13,090 of 13,134
Those are made of felt,they come with new Audeze ear pads.I did a fair bit of experimenting with them and they tame the highs and give a little bit more low frequencies when installed.U can buy thin felt sheets with an adhesive and cut them yourself.

Oct 30, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #13,092 of 13,134
do they sell those felt pads that are precut through audeze?
The half moon felt pieces are reducing resonances/reflections between pads and fazors. If you have a pre-fazor, this is not needed. Pads are sold with those pieces, we do not sell them separately.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Nov 9, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #13,095 of 13,134
So I own the LCD-2 and the LCD-2 Classic. Early in 2023 I sent in my LCD-2 to get refurbished by Audeze. They put the leather pads on but the left ear is rotated a bit funny and the fazor driver is literally like pressing up against your ear when you put them on.

People at a meetup noticed the same thing.

The LCD-2 Classic pads are very comfortable tho. I find myself reaching for the LCD-2 Classic more these days just because of the pads.

Has anyone put the LCD-2 Classic pads on the LCD-2? I think this is just the "leather free" option on Audeze.com?

Also 5 years ago I ordered Dekoni earpads, I think they were Elite Velor, and they were twice as thick as the original LCD-2 pads, they looked ridiculous and ruined the sound quality. Dunno if Dekoni pads are different in 2023. They have a ton of models to pick from.

Also Amazon has way too many pads for the LCD-2 to count, anyone picked a random manufacturer on Amazon and had good luck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back