Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jun 10, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #13,066 of 13,139
I actually find the LCD-2fs to sound great on both solid state and tube amps. I think I prefer tube though, preferably Woo!
So I remembered I had undone the DC mod on the SA-1. Guess what, I redid the DC mod and - boom - the air is back again. Really a must do on that amp and much more noticeable on these planars than on the high impedance Beyers!
Post a picture of those bamboo 2s! I bought the stock wood and think they look great but am in love with the bamboo look.
Not at home now but these are from the listing. They look quite luxurious indeed.

IMG_1339.jpeg

IMG_1340.jpeg

IMG_1341.jpeg

Jun 13, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #13,068 of 13,139
So I remembered I had undone the DC mod on the SA-1. Guess what, I redid the DC mod and - boom - the air is back again. Really a must do on that amp and much more noticeable on these planars than on the high impedance Beyers!

Not at home now but these are from the listing. They look quite luxurious indeed.

IMG_1339.jpeg

IMG_1340.jpeg

IMG_1341.jpeg
Beautiful! Love the contrast with the usual darker wood look of the LCD2s.

Jun 23, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #13,070 of 13,139
Hello everyone.Please advise a good balanced cable (4.4 pentacon), not too expensive.Thank you.

https://hartaudiocables.com/

I use a cable from Hart Audio. They are based in the USA bit ship globally. Their cables are modular and you can buy a full termination kit that includes multiple termination types (4.4mm, 6.5mm, XLR etc). You thus have a single cable that can be connected to any type of headphone amp output.

Jul 2, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #13,073 of 13,139
Hi, For heavy metal, would you recommend the lcd-2 or the lcd x?
In the past the LCDX would be my recommendation, but since getting the LCD2F, both are great. Depends more on the amp used to pair them than the phone, 20 Ohm for the X vs 70 Ohms for the 2F.

Tho, what I use for metal are the Sennheiser HD six hundreds series and the og HD800...

Jul 19, 2023 at 2:14 AM Post #13,074 of 13,139
Wowwe, so I purchased a great price lcd-2 classics off this forum. Was really curious on the sound. Instantly fell in love. Im a audeze fanboy to say the least. It seems like audeze cant miss with their sound signature.

I have a few audezes, I was a/b back and forth through my different audeze cans. The audeze Lcd-2 classics were warmer then the Lcd-x 2021, which warmth is what I love. The lcd-x 2021 had more detail and was a bit brighter. But, the lcd-2 classics, didnt have you wanting for more detail. It was a more relaxed listening. When throwing the lcd-4z into the mix, it was a combination of warmth and super detail, more analytical, super crisp. If I want to hear every detail the lcd-4z is up. I want the bright sounding energetic can, lcd-x is ready to go. But, if I want that musical warm amazing sounding audeze house sound, here comes the lcd-2 classics. Can't believe how much value you get out of the Lcd-2 classic.

Don't know why I tried another Lcd, I always seem to keep them. Looks like the Lcd-2 classics earned a place in my collection.

Oct 14, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #13,078 of 13,139
the bass on the 2s is a thing of beauty and wonder, be warned though its dangerously addictive and too much too loud too long can damage your ears, i know this first hand
You're talking about the He6se?

So you guys think I still should buy the He6se even If I have already the LC2? In others aspects others than bass how they compare?

Oct 15, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #13,079 of 13,139
My brother has a LCD2 - Classic. He loves them, but frequently complains about the headband and his bald head hurting after longer sessions. Is there anything he can do to improve comfort?
This tweak worked well for me, giving more space between the strap and the metal headband so it doesn't press against the top of the head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back