Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
May 18, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #13,051 of 13,140
Cool to hear your thoughts. I have not heard the 2C, but want to see if I can listen to one at CanJam SoCal this year. I've had the 2F for a couple years and it's still one of my favorite headphones I've ever heard, despite having some flagships from other companies. I'm increasingly curious to hear a non-fazor version of both the 2 and also the 3.

Same! It was the first of the eight Audeze headphones I own, and it would be the last that I would sell.

May 18, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #13,052 of 13,140
So I've received my LCD-2F... Really impressed. This is exactly the sound signature I wanted. I own Arya Stealth as well, and it's probably still superior for classic and ambient music, but LCD-2 is superior for rock/metal/anything with vocals. Arya's too hot in the treble, simple as that. But LCD-2... smooth as butter, zero harshness, yet still clear as day, treble is amazing, it's definitely not recessed or anything, but it's just... so good. I can feel this will be my favourite headphone for a long time!

May 21, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #13,053 of 13,140
I don't know if this has been covered anywhere, but I really prefer the old style Audeze pads over the new ones. I'm aware Audeze no longer sell their old style pads, but is there an aftermarket replacement which is close or replicates the old style that anyone is aware of?

May 22, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #13,054 of 13,140
On the lookout for a purchase of an LCD-2, does anybody know for sure whether their has been an update to the headphone since the 2020 version.

Haven’t heard the headphone personally but the tuning didn’t seem to be well received by some.

Say if I was to purchase from Audeze’s UK website would I be recieving a different version to that 2020 edition?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

May 22, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #13,055 of 13,140
On the lookout for a purchase of an LCD-2, does anybody know for sure whether their has been an update to the headphone since the 2020 version.

Haven’t heard the headphone personally but the tuning didn’t seem to be well received by some.

Say if I was to purchase from Audeze’s UK website would I be recieving a different version to that 2020 edition?

Why should they? There is no headphone that everyone likes, it also makes no sense to me to tune one headphone so that it sounds like another. Ultimately you have 3 options. Get a PreFazor, the LCD2 Classic or one from 2018. And this choice alone should show that the LCD2 has been revised often enough

Last edited:
May 22, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #13,056 of 13,140
Why should they? There is no headphone that everyone likes, it also makes no sense to me to tune one headphone so that it sounds like another. Ultimately you have 3 options. Get a PreFazor, the LCD2 Classic or one from 2018. And this choice alone should show that the LCD2 has been revised often enough
I’m not saying I want every headphone to sound the same, it’s just I’ve seen a couple of posts where people of said you are not unlocking the headphones potential unless you use EQ to change the frequency response.

Since I’m not willing to go down that route I was just interested to find some advice.

May 22, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #13,057 of 13,140
I’m not saying I want every headphone to sound the same, it’s just I’ve seen a couple of posts where people of said you are not unlocking the headphones potential unless you use EQ to change the frequency response.

Since I’m not willing to go down that route I was just interested to find some advice.
You have to hear it to know if you like it and if you want to use EQ.I dont use EQ for my PreFazor and enjoy this Headphone at times more than my Diana V2

May 22, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #13,058 of 13,140
I don't know if this has been covered anywhere, but I really prefer the old style Audeze pads over the new ones. I'm aware Audeze no longer sell their old style pads, but is there an aftermarket replacement which is close or replicates the old style that anyone is aware of?

Dekoni Audio Elite Velour​

May 22, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #13,059 of 13,140

I don't know if there's been an update since 2020, but I can tell you that I bought mine in early 2021. Not sure if you were similar to me and watched some reviewers comment on how "muted and muffled" the 2020 LCD-2 sounds (I think they're talking about the upper mids) and got a little worried that they'd sound that way to me once I got my pair, but then I got them and they did not sound muted, muffled or even weird anywhere else in the frequency range. I can hear what those reviewers were talking about - that frequency range sounds a little less present than on other headphones from other companies I've heard, but it's far preferred to me. Less metallic and harsh sounding to me. Not sure if that helps, but I'm passionate about the sound of the LCD-2s (obviously my version, which I'm assuming is a 2020!), think that Audeze probably made that choice to tune this headphone for good reason and the results are beautiful.

May 22, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #13,060 of 13,140

Someone will say that about every headphone in existence. If not EQ, then a pad change or burn in or a new cable or a different kind of amp or a dozen other things. Sometimes these sorts of changes offer real benefits to a certain kind of sound; sometimes it's a recommendation born of Head-Fiers' relentless urge to tinker and optimise. Ignore that sort of stuff until YOU decide there's a specific detriment there to fix. Otherwise, you'll just drive yourself crazy with anxiety of missing out. The LCD-2, in any iteration, is awesome, but it's not to everyone's taste. Try before you buy, if you can. If not, buy from somewhere with a good return policy. If you don't at least like it stock, return it. You aren't going to radically improve the sound with any fix.

May 24, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #13,061 of 13,140
Someone will say that about every headphone in existence. If not EQ, then a pad change or burn in or a new cable or a different kind of amp or a dozen other things. Sometimes these sorts of changes offer real benefits to a certain kind of sound; sometimes it's a recommendation born of Head-Fiers' relentless urge to tinker and optimise. Ignore that sort of stuff until YOU decide there's a specific detriment there to fix. Otherwise, you'll just drive yourself crazy with anxiety of missing out. The LCD-2, in any iteration, is awesome, but it's not to everyone's taste. Try before you buy, if you can. If not, buy from somewhere with a good return policy. If you don't at least like it stock, return it. You aren't going to radically improve the sound with any fix.
I currently own the LCD-X so I am well accustomed to the Audeze house sound, it’s the kind of presentation I tend to favour.

I was just interested in the LCD-2 since I’ve been told its warmer then the LCD-X and more euphonic, guessing the LCD-X beats it for technicalities but sometimes I just wanna chill out and not worry so much about all the details, that’s why I was considering the LCD-2 as a replacement for the LCD-X.

May 24, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #13,062 of 13,140
I currently own the LCD-X so I am well accustomed to the Audeze house sound, it’s the kind of presentation I tend to favour.

I was just interested in the LCD-2 since I’ve been told its warmer then the LCD-X and more euphonic, guessing the LCD-X beats it for technicalities but sometimes I just wanna chill out and not worry so much about all the details, that’s why I was considering the LCD-2 as a replacement for the LCD-X.

Compared to the new iteration of the X, yes, the 2F is a bit warmer. The 2C even more so. Combined with the greater comfort, the 2C is easier to relax with. You give up some technical prowess, but both the 2's are pretty close in those areas. You might also try to find an pre-'21 X, which is quite a bit warmer than the new one and has very close to the same level of detail.

Jun 8, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #13,063 of 13,140
I just got a set of second-hand LCD-2 Bamboos — 2019, angled connectors, fazors. A/Bing between the solid-state Singxer SA-1 and hybrid Massdrop Cavalli Tube Hybrid with LPS, I find the difference between them simply astonishing!

Clearly, the MCTH is miles ahead in terms of air, vividness and energy. On the SA-1 I can well imagine that people would describe them as muffled.

On my other 600 ohm Beyerdynamic T1.2 or 250 ohm Amiron Home the difference is way, way smaller. Almost seems like the less ohm, the bigger the difference.

To be exact, the SA-1 is set to low gain and Lo-Z, fully balanced input. The MCTH has the stock EH 6922 tube. Cables all stock.

Anyone else also got this difference between solid state and hybrid tube amps?

Jun 9, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #13,065 of 13,140
I just got a set of second-hand LCD-2 Bamboos — 2019, angled connectors, fazors. A/Bing between the solid-state Singxer SA-1 and hybrid Massdrop Cavalli Tube Hybrid with LPS, I find the difference between them simply astonishing!

Clearly, the MCTH is miles ahead in terms of air, vividness and energy. On the SA-1 I can well imagine that people would describe them as muffled.

On my other 600 ohm Beyerdynamic T1.2 or 250 ohm Amiron Home the difference is way, way smaller. Almost seems like the less ohm, the bigger the difference.

To be exact, the SA-1 is set to low gain and Lo-Z, fully balanced input. The MCTH has the stock EH 6922 tube. Cables all stock.

Anyone else also got this difference between solid state and hybrid tube amps?
I actually find the LCD-2fs to sound great on both solid state and tube amps. I think I prefer tube though, preferably Woo!

Post a picture of those bamboo 2s! I bought the stock wood and think they look great but am in love with the bamboo look.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back