Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jan 28, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #13,021 of 13,134
New owner of an LCD-2 Rosewood here. Absolutely in love, find myself constantly reaching for these over my Arya's. About to pull the trigger on a Focal Clear to pair, but torn between the OG or MG.

Does anyone have any insights into if the Clear MG is too similar to the LCD2?
Without EQ they are quite different. LCD-2 has noticeably less presence in the 1600hz-3000hz range than the Clear MG and can be improved by EQ lift of about 3-4 dB in that range. The MG sounds less muted if you don't EQ. But even if you EQ the LCD-2 to match Focal Clear MG, there is a difference to the sound that is hard for me to quantify. MG can be listened without EQ and if you don't EQ, is IMO better. Comfort of the MG is much better, they feel light and supremely comfortable - I often choose them because of comfort alone. If I concentrate on listening to music and don't move my head, I often select the LCD-2f (with EQ) over the Focal Clear MG. If I don't stay completely stationary, I select the MG. I use RME Adi-2 dac for EQ'ing. Hope this helps 🙃

Oh, and regarding OG vs MG, I chose the MG because of the many comments from testers stating smoother but still equally detailed treble. I am quite sibilance intolerant. But I did not do a side by side comparison between them. Also, MG looks so much better 😏

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #13,024 of 13,134
I find myself getting in and out of this hobby quite a bit over the last 20 years.Always been partial to Audeze,more specifically the pre-fazor versions.Last year I sold everything off thinking I would be out for good......Well not quite so fast.Decided i would put together a last budget ($1000) system and turn it into something I could enjoy and not get obsessed about analyzing every note.Picked up a Schiit Asgard 3 with the newer ES9028 internal DAC and a pre-fazor LCD-2.
I feel like I hit the jackpot with this LCD-2 PF in the used market.Seller said it was in ok condition,so I assumed it would have a few scuffs and scratches.As it turned out the earpads were shot but everything else just need a little cleaning and it came out like new!! The sound of these are so organic and smooth with lively punchy bass,absolute joy to listen to,couldn't imagine anything sounding as good given the budget,very happy.
IMG_1640p.jpg

IMG_1643p.jpg

Feb 27, 2023 at 6:45 AM Post #13,025 of 13,134
I recently picked up a 2020 Rosewood LCD-2F and discovered a new way to listen to my ARYA. ARYA captivates you with bright detail and imaging but the LCD-2 reminds you that musical instruments have a real presence especially when heard live. It is like listening to a large high-efficency loudspeaker.

Mar 2, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #13,026 of 13,134
I used to have several headphones.. Beyer T1, Yamaha HP1, HD600, Hifiman HE400, Beyer DT880, Stax L300, ATH r70x, and several more that i have forgot... then i got myself second hand LCD2 complete set for only $220... sell all the rest and only keep LCD2 and HD600... happy with what i have now...
the DAC and headphone amplifier very important... using DIY PCM63K and Reisong A10 desktop amplifier with speaker output converted into balanced XLR... so far very happy with my setup... i can tell the difference when i change to another DAC... so i guess my setup quite transparent enough....

Mar 28, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #13,027 of 13,134
Just got my LCD-2 back in fully refurbished from Audeze. I had the pre-Fazor version. Right driver died. I got a new headband, new 2023 fazor drivers, new earcups, and even replaced the metal rods that hold the whole thing together.

I'm on my work setup, wish I had something deep or profound to add the conversation, but what you have heard about going from non-fazor to fazor is same thing I am hearing. Wider soundstage, more details, a bit brighter.

Have my LCD-2 Classic at home, looking forward to going home and rigging something up where I have the same song playing at the same time and swapping between the LCD-2f and LCD-2c and seeing what differences I hear.

Mar 29, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #13,028 of 13,134
I found a used LCD-2.1 Pre fazor. It should be arriving soon. I plan on comparing it to the LCD-3 Pre fazor I have along with the LCD-5. Honestly at this point I should find a used LCD-4 and compare all 4 headphones. Sadly right after I bought the 2.1 I saw the 2.2 used for $100 cheaper. Oh well. My LCD-3 is kind of unique. It is a LCD-3 pre fazor driver in an LCD 2.1 body.

Mar 29, 2023 at 11:17 PM Post #13,029 of 13,134
I think this weekend I will do something where I have both of the outputs going on my RME-ADI2 at the same time. Then hook up the LCD-2 and LCD-2 Classic at the same time, one using the built in headphone jack, the other my SP200. Swap both pairs back and forth on my head while a song is playing. All EQ off. Curious what I will hear.

Mar 29, 2023 at 11:25 PM Post #13,030 of 13,134
I think this weekend I will do something where I have both of the outputs going on my RME-ADI2 at the same time. Then hook up the LCD-2 and LCD-2 Classic at the same time, one using the built in headphone jack, the other my SP200. Swap both pairs back and forth on my head while a song is playing. All EQ off. Curious what I will hear.
Share your thoughts when you do!

Mar 30, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #13,031 of 13,134
Does @Audeze have any measurements of the LCD-2f on the 5128 that they are willing/ready to release? I would be curious to see them. The LCD-2 are still one of my all-time favourite headphones and I say that as an LCD-5 owner.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2023 at 8:19 PM Post #13,033 of 13,134
The LCD-2 are still one of my all-time favourite headphones and I say that as an LCD-5 owner.
They are also one of mine and I say that as a Susvara owner! They're pretty special.

Just listened to the LCD-2s today with the Hugo2 and Woo WA8 and was loving it. Such sublime synergy.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #13,034 of 13,134
Long time lurker. finally bought the LCD-2 and decided to make an account here.

I love these headphones. Not sure what but there is something about these headphones that a lot of higher end headphones don't.

Apr 26, 2023 at 9:41 PM Post #13,035 of 13,134
Long time lurker. finally bought the LCD-2 and decided to make an account here.

I love these headphones. Not sure what but there is something about these headphones that a lot of higher end headphones don't.
Agreed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back