Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Mar 30, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #12,631 of 13,134
How are you guys driving your LCD-2f? I’m looking into getting the asgard/bifrost combo but not sure it’s the best option... any have any recommendations under 1k good resolution, sound stage, neutral and with enough power to really get the most out of them? I’m hoping to find something all in one or matching and new

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #12,632 of 13,134
How are you guys driving your LCD-2f? I’m looking into getting the asgard/bifrost combo but not sure it’s the best option... any have any recommendations under 1k good resolution, sound stage, neutral and with enough power to really get the most out of them? I’m hoping to find something all in one or matching and new
Jot2 and Valhalla2 works very well with LCD-2F, in particular the latter.

Mar 31, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #12,634 of 13,134
I drive my LCD-2 with a Bottlehead S.E.X. (although right now Ive got some issues with it) and a Atrox V2. I think maybe the S.E.X. delivers a bit soft treble to the already dark LCD-2s. The Atrox pumps over 5w in 100ohm and sounds pretty good to me.

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #12,636 of 13,134
Dekoni Sheepskin Elite came in, going right back. Compared to the stock leather pre-fazor pads they remove a whole lot of the sub-bass and make the mids really off for my ears, I don't even know how to describe it. It sounds fine for the most part, but putting back the stock pads makes everything just more natural. Might just be different, not for me.

The one positive is it further removes some peaks and that is nice, but not worth the tradeoff. Was really hoping these were the pads for my glasses but the hunt is back on. Also removing the pads on my Classics was at least possible without damaging them too much.... My god they really don't want you to remove the pads on the pre-fazors. If I ever decide to sell it (Doubt it) Might have dropped the value by $50 at least now, the pads work just fine and still look fine, mostly, but you can tell they were removed.

Really think Audeze needs to rethink this whole glue think in the future. It sucksssssss.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #12,638 of 13,134
Anyone actually use and is happy with the LCD-2(newer model) without EQ?
Me, but I basically never use EQ. I bought mine in late 2019 and I use with their mic cable (which comes with the LCD-GX) as my work headphones.

Apr 3, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #12,639 of 13,134
Dekoni Sheepskin Elite came in, going right back. Compared to the stock leather pre-fazor pads they remove a whole lot of the sub-bass and make the mids really off for my ears, I don't even know how to describe it. It sounds fine for the most part, but putting back the stock pads makes everything just more natural. Might just be different, not for me.

The one positive is it further removes some peaks and that is nice, but not worth the tradeoff. Was really hoping these were the pads for my glasses but the hunt is back on. Also removing the pads on my Classics was at least possible without damaging them too much.... My god they really don't want you to remove the pads on the pre-fazors. If I ever decide to sell it (Doubt it) Might have dropped the value by $50 at least now, the pads work just fine and still look fine, mostly, but you can tell they were removed.

Really think Audeze needs to rethink this whole glue think in the future. It sucksssssss.
Wow, didnt expect that. Sorry for that. Like I said, I used the Dekoni velours in between. Maybe I`ll better but on the stock pads to check. But yes, it really is a PITA to change pads on Audeze. I usually touch the tape with my fingers and clothes to make it a little less sticky.

Apr 3, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #12,640 of 13,134
@metal571 I’m curious, you chose to keep your LCD-2 despite your experience with other headphones including the LCD-X. What were your reasons for this? I’m currently debating exchanging my LCD-2 out for an LCD-X and am left wondering... will it be worth it to lose the aesthetics of the wood rings. I guess with the new revision out this complicates things a bit.

Apr 4, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #12,642 of 13,134
Wow, didnt expect that. Sorry for that. Like I said, I used the Dekoni velours in between. Maybe I`ll better but on the stock pads to check. But yes, it really is a PITA to change pads on Audeze. I usually touch the tape with my fingers and clothes to make it a little less sticky.
I'm not blaming you, I took a risk because Decani has a no questions asked return policy so I knew I could send it back if it didn't work :] All good man, I apprecaite the suggestion regardless lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back