Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Aug 28, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #11,763 of 13,132
I just ordered a set of the Dekoni Elite Velour pads off Massdrop for a song. How do these sound on the LCD2's? I read deep in my googling that someone said they're as good as the Vegan Leather branded pads, which I know have been lauded as an positive upgrade. Is this true? I'm sure they will be plush and comfortable, and I doth not protest if that's all I gain. Just curious if anyone knows if they have a detectable effect on the sonic quality and if it is considered either pleasing and/or superior-sounding to the stock pads.

Sep 11, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #11,764 of 13,132
I just ordered a set of the Dekoni Elite Velour pads off Massdrop for a song. How do these sound on the LCD2's? I read deep in my googling that someone said they're as good as the Vegan Leather branded pads, which I know have been lauded as an positive upgrade. Is this true? I'm sure they will be plush and comfortable, and I doth not protest if that's all I gain. Just curious if anyone knows if they have a detectable effect on the sonic quality and if it is considered either pleasing and/or superior-sounding to the stock pads.

Got my Dekoni pads today. Thought I'd follow up. I have a set of 2011 early-gens that lack the Fazor kit. The Dekoni's are MUCH deeper than the stock pads. The bolster is easily 2-3x thicker. I can say that it DEFINITELY has an effect on the sound. It makes it MUCH more "open." I didn't A/B test because I was too excited, but my DSD of Copeland's Appalachian Spring has just miles of depth. The drivers sit a good 2 inches or more away from the head now, and the material is like a memory foam and the velour is less rigid, making the sound channel much more tubular and less reflective. The headset sits a bit differently on my head because it stretches the band differently, which clamps it to your head with a different kind of force than the stock pads. Overall, absolutely an upgrade if anyone reading this catches a set cheap and wants to know whether its worth it.

Sep 12, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #11,765 of 13,132
Hi guys just received my pair of rosewood lcd 2 prefazor today, it was suppose to be a November 2013 purchase with lambskin leather pads and headband, but right right away I notice that the weight was a lot lighter than all the previous Audeze I owned. Is there a chance that these might be fakes or were the non-fazor lighter? I also hear a bit of cracking sometimes when I listen to music. Serial number also checks out.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #11,768 of 13,132
Hello

Around 2 months ago my 2014 2.2f died. The right driver went dead during listening.
Just god these back from service 2 days ago.. Both drives and pads where changed out.

Now i guess i have to take them back again.
There is much higher volume out of the left driver. Seems like 65-35% instead og 50-50%.
I've tried different amps and even swapping L/R cable(still louder on left side).

There is also something wrong with the sound stage. It's sounds inward instead of outward. Before the soundstage was pretty great, now it sounds inward and makes me seasick.
I know these have to get some hours on them before they are like before, but lcd-2's cant be this bad out of the box(i bought mine used).

Anyone had something like this happen after service?

Sep 23, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #11,772 of 13,132
The Burson Audio Play seems hard to find. Best amp under $400
There are quite a few good amps under $400: Ember if you want to try rolling tubes, Polaris, used Liquid Carbon, Elemental Watson (haven't heard one yet but its getting great reviews), and for me even the headphone output of my UD301 works great with my LCD-2f

Sep 23, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #11,773 of 13,132
I own a pair of HE-400i's, and was wondering how the two compare in sound particularly in relation to sound stage and low end. I understand this is in another stratosphere, but I"m trying to develop a "quality gradient". I would consider buying a pair in the future when I can afford it.

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #11,774 of 13,132
I own a pair of HE-400i's, and was wondering how the two compare in sound particularly in relation to sound stage and low end. I understand this is in another stratosphere, but I"m trying to develop a "quality gradient". I would consider buying a pair in the future when I can afford it.
Which version of the HD400i do you have? SMC, 2.5mm or newest 3.5mm jacks? and are you considering a new LCD-2f or a used one since the sound between version is a bit diverse.

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #11,775 of 13,132
There are quite a few good amps under $400: Ember if you want to try rolling tubes, Polaris, used Liquid Carbon, Elemental Watson (haven't heard one yet but its getting great reviews), and for me even the headphone output of my UD301 works great with my LCD-2f
How does the Polaris compare with the El amp? Would it have enough power. Looking to upgrade to LCD3's soon and that is a consideration as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back