Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
May 17, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #11,673 of 13,139
I currently own a Darkvoice 336se, an objective 2, an Aune T1 and a cheapo Bravo Audio Ocean amp. I am currently trying to acquire a LCD2 fazor and I would like to know if any of these amps would be sufficient to power them. I am getting them as a gift for my little brother and I want to give him an amp with the LCD2s because he is just getting back into audio. He currently has no gear due to being away for a while and selling what was left of his gear. (Some of his gear was stolen while he was away. He got me into audio and headphones in particular, so I want to surprise him with a nice set-up.

Also if the darkvoice would work should I upgrade the tubes or well stock tubes suffice?
Anyways any advice would be appreciated.

Update:
Looks like the sale fell through. I was second in line to buy them and the first guy to message the seller ended up following through.

If anyone has a LCD-2 they would be willing to sell me for $500 please please let me know. I need them buy next Saturday so I will buy them asap.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #11,674 of 13,139
Hi guys. Audeze LCD2 Bamboo Feb2018 paired with AGD R2R11. LOVING IT SO HARD!

Just to inform you... I bought my LCD2s in February. I asked for customization including the new suspension headband and it was denied from Audeze. Now i see that all models ship with the new headband. I mailed support to express my dissapointment and because i bought them in the "transitional period" i've been granted with a USD125 coupon that i used to get the suspension headband. Super happy customer here. Audeze BIG THUMBS UP! :)

May 23, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #11,675 of 13,139
Hi guys. Audeze LCD2 Bamboo Feb2018 paired with AGD R2R11. LOVING IT SO HARD!

Just to inform you... I bought my LCD2s in February. I asked for customization including the new suspension headband and it was denied from Audeze. Now i see that all models ship with the new headband. I mailed support to express my dissapointment and because i bought them in the "transitional period" i've been granted with a USD125 coupon that i used to get the suspension headband. Super happy customer here. Audeze BIG THUMBS UP! :)

i received the same lcd2 2018 yesterday! and i have your setup with audio gd... i love it but i can't keep auteur and lcd2 ... i probably will sell lcd2, i don't know...

May 27, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #11,676 of 13,139
Has anyone tried the carbon fibre headband and the other suspension headband so as to be able to compare?

May 27, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #11,678 of 13,139
i have the 2018 version, the new headband resolves all the weight problems once and for all.... it is the same headband from the lcd2c, this one was even lighter tough
I tried the lcd2c the other day and it was a snugger fit than the lcd4. Not sure which i liked more.

Maybe the lcd4 IF that works well as it felt a lighter fit, maybe due to the lesser snuggness

Jun 4, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #11,680 of 13,139
I just bought the upgraded steel headband for my lcd-2 and I ended up having to shorten the leather band a bit. The leather relaxed and was up against the steel on the backside and started to hurt a little bit although was still an improvement over the original. Maybe my heads not fat enough or something and pushes right in the middle. The leather just can’t maintain the weight of the headphones without stretching it would need some other type of fabric attached to it to keep it from stretching. I wonder if the carbon fiber version is better in this regard since it has the fabric on the one side?

Jun 5, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #11,681 of 13,139
I just bought the upgraded steel headband for my lcd-2 and I ended up having to shorten the leather band a bit. The leather relaxed and was up against the steel on the backside and started to hurt a little bit although was still an improvement over the original. Maybe my heads not fat enough or something and pushes right in the middle. The leather just can’t maintain the weight of the headphones without stretching it would need some other type of fabric attached to it to keep it from stretching. I wonder if the carbon fiber version is better in this regard since it has the fabric on the one side?

I had to shorten the two carbon fiber headbands I have as well. I do think head shape plays into it.

Jun 7, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #11,683 of 13,139
Jun 9, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #11,684 of 13,139
Newbie to Audeze and LCD s. I picked up a pair of E L 8s a few weeks ago and after my raving about how great they sounded, an out of town friend of mine got a used LCD 2 that was produced in 2016. His take is the highs and mids are great, but the lows are not all that impressive. He is driving them with a Garage 1217 Ember, and a Polaris and has changed all of the gain and impedance settings with no improvement.

Has anyone here has a similar experience or have amping advice? The Ember drives his Edition X v2 with no problems. I use the same amp and have had zero problems driving other planars.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back