Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jul 24, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #11,705 of 13,132
Hey,
just got my lcd-2 and the left side is weaker. All voices are focused at 1 o clock and not 12. Is it because they are underpowered(running them with onkyo dp-x1a)? Are there is something wrong with them?

Could not dig up the power output on the player...but reverse the headphones on your head and see if its focusing the opposite way to 11 o'clock to know if its the really the headphones output off, or your ear needing waxed etc, also try reversing the cables.... ?

Jul 25, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #11,709 of 13,132
Could not dig up the power output on the player...but reverse the headphones on your head and see if its focusing the opposite way to 11 o'clock to know if its the really the headphones output off, or your ear needing waxed etc, also try reversing the cables.... ?

Yes I tried reverse the headphones and the cables..you can feel the bass a lot more on the right one..
Im running them with onkyo dp-x1a + fiio e12a..I hope thats the problem. I really dont want to send them back, have to wait another 6 weeks. Aah this sucks....
Cant afford an amp right now. Can get one next month.
Anyone recognize this problem? One side get more juice when underpowered or something?

Jul 25, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #11,710 of 13,132
Yes I tried reverse the headphones and the cables..you can feel the bass a lot more on the right one..
Im running them with onkyo dp-x1a + fiio e12a..I hope thats the problem. I really dont want to send them back, have to wait another 6 weeks. Aah this sucks....
Cant afford an amp right now. Can get one next month.
Anyone recognize this problem? One side get more juice when underpowered or something?

Have you checked the pads? If one side is compressing a lot more than the other it would lead to channel imbalance.

Jul 25, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #11,711 of 13,132
Have you checked the pads? If one side is compressing a lot more than the other it would lead to channel imbalance.

Yes I have. The thing is maybe its me going crazy. Cause with some songs it sounds balanced. But just some songs. Maybe they have the voice on the left side so it sounds balanced.... I just dont know anymore.

When you record a song, do you have to put the voice on either left or right side? Do you have to choose wich instrument goes to wich channel or could you put bass or voice on both channels? Im thinking maybe in most of the songs they choose to put the singer in the right side but that just sounds like a crazy theori cause I never experience it before.

Jul 25, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #11,712 of 13,132
Yes I have. The thing is maybe its me going crazy. Cause with some songs it sounds balanced. But just some songs. Maybe they have the voice on the left side so it sounds balanced.... I just dont know anymore.

To check for channel imbalance if you're not sure, do the driver matching test here - https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

When you record a song, do you have to put the voice on either left or right side? Do you have to choose wich instrument goes to wich channel or could you put bass or voice on both channels? Im thinking maybe in most of the songs they choose to put the singer in the right side but that just sounds like a crazy theori cause I never experience it before.

Some songs may be mixed such that bass/vocals are not centered but there's no convention about putting vocals to the right side or anything like that. If reversing the headphones doesn't affect the direction of imbalance, and your pads, source and cable are fine, it's probably your hearing. As @Lohb suggested, go to a doctor and check for wax blockage - it's quick to get your ears cleaned and the sooner you do it the better. Hope you find a solution soon :)

Jul 25, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #11,713 of 13,132
Hey,
just got my lcd-2 and the left side is weaker. All voices are focused at 1 o clock and not 12. Is it because they are underpowered(running them with onkyo dp-x1a)? Are there is something wrong with them?

Check the two philips screws on the headband adjuster(the ones connecting the adjustment rod to the headphone cups). My screew on my right side was loose. This meant that the L & R side didn't make the same contact with my head. On the right side i had a big gap on the bottom part. The sound sounded more distant and bass was lacking.

Jul 25, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #11,714 of 13,132
Do you guys have any solid state amp recommendation for the LCD 2? I'm currently looking at the Audeze deckard, Audio Gd R28 or NFB 1. I've tried to Jotunheim and the LCX from Massdrop before and did not like the Jot, while I like the LCX I feel like it does not provide enough power for the 2 to reach their potential.

Jul 25, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #11,715 of 13,132
To check for channel imbalance if you're not sure, do the driver matching test here - https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

Some songs may be mixed such that bass/vocals are not centered but there's no convention about putting vocals to the right side or anything like that. If reversing the headphones doesn't affect the direction of imbalance, and your pads, source and cable are fine, it's probably your hearing. As @Lohb suggested, go to a doctor and check for wax blockage - it's quick to get your ears cleaned and the sooner you do it the better. Hope you find a solution soon :)

Ah great. Was looking for something like this thanks. Im gonna test them now

Haha maybe. But with my shure 535 I dont have that problem. Maybe I clean them anyway, never done it before

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back