Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Mar 25, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #11,596 of 13,134
2nd rev. should be easily recognized since it's still pre-fazor ver. that's all , silver seems to make considerable difference when paired with this cans ,I decide to upgrade my interconnect and power cables for now (kinda like that flat stock cable)

Apr 1, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #11,597 of 13,134
I just got a balanced cable in the mail from Massdrop and the LCD-2 is almost a different headphone using the balanced output of my Jotunheim instead of SE. Absolutely a no-brainer for $45, pretty nice cable for the price and really unleashes the Jot's power. The resolution, dynamics, speed, and low end punch is on another level now. Audeze recommends 1-4 watts for the LCD-2 and I went from maybe 700mW per channel SE to around 2.8 watts per channel in balanced mode.

Apr 1, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #11,598 of 13,134
I just want to take a min to praise what kind of company Audeze is. I was one of the original adopters for the headphones. When the recall for the wood cracking came I wasn't aware. Months after I finally found out and sent it in to be serviced. They changed the angle of the connection. Not only so they also added the fazors. Good or bad, I don't know, but they did this all free of charge, and gave me a new graph to show the change in sound signatures.

Last year when I missed the audeze sine sale, just one email and they were happy to give me the sale price. Customer for life you can say.

Apr 1, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #11,599 of 13,134
I just got a balanced cable in the mail from Massdrop and the LCD-2 is almost a different headphone using the balanced output of my Jotunheim instead of SE. Absolutely a no-brainer for $45, pretty nice cable for the price and really unleashes the Jot's power. The resolution, dynamics, speed, and low end punch is on another level now. Audeze recommends 1-4 watts for the LCD-2 and I went from maybe 700mW per channel SE to around 2.8 watts per channel in balanced mode.

I had a similar experience going from SE to balanced on my Audio-gd 28.38. Balanced is definitely worth the investment. What kind of cables did you get, if you don't mind my asking? I'm using Amplifier Surgery cables, which are great, but I'm finding that a 6' cable is not quite as long as I need it to be.

Apr 1, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #11,601 of 13,134
I’m thinking about buying Nfb 1 amp, anybody did comparison between this and Nfb 28.38. I have a decent DAC.

I looked into an NFB-1AMP and NFB-1.38 DAC stack vs. the NFB-28.38. In the process, I emailed directly with Kingwa. He told me that soundwise, they are essentially the same, with some very small advantage to be had with the stack that comes out of not sharing a power supply. On the other hand, he advised me that depending upon the cables, it would be possible to color, alter, or degrade the sound of the stack. I didn't have a decent DAC, so I went with the all-in-one 28.38.

The Audio-gd sounds amazing with the LCD-2, especially on balanced. The amp is very clean and controlled. You hear a lot of texture and great imaging as a result. I could go through the laundry list, but those are really the stand-out improvements over, say, my iFi Black Label. To add something likely less helpful... When I bought the LCD-2, it was described as sounding like full-sized speakers more than headphones. I never understood what that meant until I heard them balanced on the 28.38. Other amps can do that too, of course, but coming out of a local meet-up a few weeks ago and hearing all kinds of high-end amps, I felt no desire to upgrade. The NFB-28.38 is my endgame for the foreseeable future.

Well, you know, unless there's like a sale or something...

Apr 1, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #11,604 of 13,134
I had a similar experience going from SE to balanced on my Audio-gd 28.38. Balanced is definitely worth the investment. What kind of cables did you get, if you don't mind my asking? I'm using Amplifier Surgery cables, which are great, but I'm finding that a 6' cable is not quite as long as I need it to be.
I got a Venture Electronics cable from Massdrop. Blue 1.2 meter length, which is great for desktop listening for me. The cable is pretty nice for the price, I can’t complain at all for 45 dollars.

Apr 2, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #11,606 of 13,134
Anyone had a chance to compare to lcd-x and lcd-3. If so can you pm me and we can talk. I love my 2c but keep looking at the x and the 3

Apr 2, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #11,607 of 13,134
Hi everyone,

I just heard back from Audeze tech support on two points that I though may be of interest to everyone so I want to share the info I got:

1. They said that they have not heard of any issues with people burning in their headphones overnight while not wearing them. They said that they burn in all their drivers overnight this way.

2. I asked them whether it is possible to adjust the tension on the yokes to make the height adjustment smoother. Their response was that the mini screw is not meant to be adjusted as it is held in place with Loctite. Presumably this means that it will stay tight for a long time as most people have complained that the resistance on the yokes is very strong and takes a bit of force to adjust them.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Oops, wrong thread - number 2 applies only to the LCD2C.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #11,608 of 13,134
Anyone know if there exists a 3d cad file for CNC routing of the grills on the lcd-2?

Apr 6, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #11,610 of 13,134
20180405_184646.jpg

This LCD2-Classic is very good on Vali 2+Modi2, is my first choice on Audeze...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back