Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Oct 10, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #11,341 of 13,132
Is your M1060 stock or modded?
I have left mine stock, although I am familiar with the mods (vegan pads, napkin mod, etc) . I have enjoyed the M1060's quite a bit so far.

Not to be an asshole, but just when the LCD-2C is around the corner I think you should have waited a bit to read some reviews or even test them before going for the LCD-2.
Anyway, the 2s are great and you are going to love them!
Your comment is 100% justifiable, and I completely understand where you are coming from. I believe for the price I paid, I got a stellar deal. The new LCD-2C does look promising, and will definitely be up for consideration down the road for me.

I'm curious to read your findings.

I have my LCD-2 on right now, listening to Zeppelin's first album. It's a joyous experience!
I hope you won't be disappointed. Please let us know how you like them and how they compare to the M1060. I am also curious
I will definitely be posting my findings here. May even do a video review, even though I have never done one before. But I think it would be worth my while to upload my findings for those curious about it.

Oct 13, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #11,342 of 13,132
Hi Guys

Could anyone tell me if the $200 for the carbon fibre headband is worthwhile in terms of comfort ? I contacted audeze about the new headband on the New classics but said they have no idea if they will be available to purchase separately, and I’m finding the stock one not good.

Oct 13, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #11,343 of 13,132
Your comment is 100% justifiable, and I completely understand where you are coming from. I believe for the price I paid, I got a stellar deal. The new LCD-2C does look promising, and will definitely be up for consideration down the road for me.

The LCD2 price will drop even more once the LCD2C ships, that is why so many people are dumping their LCD2

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #11,344 of 13,132
Hi Guys

Could anyone tell me if the $200 for the carbon fibre headband is worthwhile in terms of comfort ? I contacted audeze about the new headband on the New classics but said they have no idea if they will be available to purchase separately, and I’m finding the stock one not good.

It's definitely more comfortable.

I'll be getting the 2C's since 200 is a bit much. I figure it's likely as comfortable, while likely bring a lot cheaper

Oct 16, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #11,346 of 13,132
I read a few impressions that state that the LCD-2C has a sound signature that is more like the LCD-X rather than a pre-fazor LCD-2.
I don't see myself selling my LCD-2 to get the 2C, but I'm a bit jealous of that improved headband!

Oct 20, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #11,348 of 13,132
It's been many MANY years in the making but I'm finally an LCD 2 owner,

A little bit of back story, I've had my HE 4 for years. An the first time I heard the LCD 2 it was back in 2014, I'm ashamed to even share it but these were my thoughts back then, a bit lack luster but I guess I was younger and lazy. But despite not... really enjoying the sound of the 2014 Fazor I always remembered what it did better than my HE 4... I never forget the details that LCD 2 showed me for the first time, so I've always had my eye on getting another. I tinkered around with the idea of getting the 2016 Fazor Model earlier this year and wound up decideding again'st it and got a Geek Out V2+ instead... but I was still curious to hear another. Well for better or worse, the timing worked out perfectly for me to snag a 2012 Pre Fazor 2.2 this week, while it does not have the original wood connectors it does still have it's original drivers which have been in good working order for many years now. Plus some new leather pads and a custom built cable!

All in all I can say I'm pretty excited to hear what I hope is the original Pre-Fazor magic! I've always wanted an LCD 2 to compliment my HE 4 and I'm hoping this one will impress me more so than the 2014 Fazor edition did!

Also, I'm loving the addition of the LCD 2C to the round up! No idea how it compares to an actual Pre Fazor 2 2r2, but maybe I'll get my hands on a demo soon and be able to compare them! Either way it's nice to finally be an Audeze owner

Oct 20, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #11,349 of 13,132
Just a quick observation from a new LCD-2 owner. I have owned these headphones for two days and in my opinion the major difference between it and the HD-650 is the way the LCD-2 involves the listener in the music. The 650s portrayed a beautiful musical picture. The LCD-2 involves the listener in that picture and let’s them wonder around in it, look around and enjoy it. The difference is in the emotion the listener feels. At least for me, it is much greater listening to the LCD-2. Just a very non-technical observation between the two great headphones. Thoughts.....

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #11,350 of 13,132
Just a quick observation from a new LCD-2 owner. I have owned these headphones for two days and in my opinion the major difference between it and the HD-650 is the way the LCD-2 involves the listener in the music. The 650s portrayed a beautiful musical picture. The LCD-2 involves the listener in that picture and let’s them wonder around in it, look around and enjoy it. The difference is in the emotion the listener feels. At least for me, it is much greater listening to the LCD-2. Just a very non-technical observation between the two great headphones. Thoughts.....
Nice description - fair call

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #11,351 of 13,132
@Mshenay congrats on getting the LCD2, looking forward to hearing your impressions!

Oct 20, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #11,352 of 13,132
Hi Guys

I have them on my LCD-X and they're very comfy. Initially I was worried that the clamping force would not be to my liking and wouldn't be adjustable since it's carbon fiber, but so far so good. Although, depending on the size of your head, YMMV

Oct 23, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #11,355 of 13,132
I decided not to alter the soundstage, on most recordings I find it perfect. Only a few songs here and there where the vocals get pushed back.

On another note, I found out firsthand how important a decent dac/amp is. I had to send my normal amp in for service, so was listening through my computers soundcard (asus essence stx), and could not make them sound good at all. Thankfully my amp is back and I am back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back