Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
May 7, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #11,011 of 13,134
Just curious, if you have had so many pairs have quality issues, why do you keep buying them. I know they sound good, but I don't think I will get another pair if I have to baby them the whole time. I don't abuse headphones but I also don't think they should chip with the slightest bump.

I went from original LCD-2 (rosewood) to V2 (bamboo) to V2F (bamboo) to my current aluminum/carbon/suede. I bought new versions because the sound signatures had changed for the better (IMO) between the revisions and there were good deals available (and my old headphones were easily sold here). I'm actually not rough with my gear, as the buyers of my mint TH-900, W3000ANV etc. would attest... My bamboo units were just way too fragile...

May 13, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #11,012 of 13,134
hello everyone, i own the lcd2 fazor made in 2014, I was wondering if anyone could shed impressions of lcd x and lcd xc compared to lcd2 fazor, are those a real upgrade to lcd2 or not. I adore my lcd2 and its just for my own knowledge if those are worthy updrages. I love warm lush layered signatures with big bass and no harshness at all

Last edited:
May 13, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #11,013 of 13,134
For those who love the things you mentioned, the LCD-X is not an upgrade.

May 15, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #11,014 of 13,134
really need advise, which would u go for as one of my friends is coming in 3 days from USA and I need to make a decision which to buy

1- WA8 --- amp dac
2- ifi ican pro desktop amp with ifi dsd combo

which would u go for the lcd2, really need solid advise

sound signature i like from amp, is warm, layered, full bass, and no sibilence

please advice guys

May 15, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #11,015 of 13,134
really need advise, which would u go for as one of my friends is coming in 3 days from USA and I need to make a decision which to buy

1- WA8 --- amp dac
2- ifi ican pro desktop amp with ifi dsd combo

which would u go for the lcd2, really need solid advise

sound signature i like from amp, is warm, layered, full bass, and no sibilence

please advice guys

I think the WA8 would meet your needs rather nicely. I haven't spent a lot of time with it, but I found the sound to be very smooth.

May 15, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #11,016 of 13,134
I am very happy with my iCAN Pro. It pairs well with the LCD-2 and features unmatched flexibility.

May 15, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #11,018 of 13,134
I think the WA8 would meet your needs rather nicely. I haven't spent a lot of time with it, but I found the sound to be very smooth.
bass is an utmost importance to me does as well as mids, do u feel in any way that its lacking in any of those 2 areas, i read its sound stage is not that great

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #11,019 of 13,134
I am very happy with my iCAN Pro. It pairs well with the LCD-2 and features unmatched flexibility.
which dac do u use with ifi ican pro

May 15, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #11,020 of 13,134
which dac do u use with ifi ican pro

Schiit Gungnir Multibit. If you like bass the XBass control on the iCAN Pro is wonderful. Don't know that I could live without it now.

May 16, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #11,022 of 13,134
I remember whaen I got my first Audeze LCD-2 V2. The sound was a bit too thick and dark for my taste. Has anything changed since then, or the overall character of recent production is more or less the same?

I've had my LCD-2 repaired twice and the last one was just a few months ago. To me, the sound has become less thick and more detailed. They have made it more neutral as time has gone on. It's not quite as punchy as it was before to me, but the sound is very balanced and has a lot of detail to it. I love it with your Noir Hybrid cable, it seems to be even more detailed with it somehow.

May 20, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #11,025 of 13,134
i got yesterday the burson conductor V2+ what a huge huge huge upgrade in sound compared to hugo, mojo . i have never ever heard the lcd2 sound as amazing as with this dac/amp

it has huge sound stage and solid tight bass, and I am really surprised as it has a sabre dac but does not anything like the sabre dacs I tried in daps, this is a huge upgrade in sound compared to anything I ever heard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back