Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 3, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #9,676 of 13,137
I placed my order about immediately after I got the email on the 23rd and received my LCD-2 B-stocks on Wednesday the 30th.  I got the Bamboo with black lambskin pads and headband, exactly the ones I was hoping for so I was very happy.  They look brand new, I can't find a fault on them anywhere.  The certificate of authenticity with them was signed 8.3.2016, so is there any way to tell what version of the drivers they have inside them?  I know they have the fazors since I can feel the ridges, but beyond that I am not sure.  I'm quite enjoying them right now through my microZOTL w/LPS I picked up to drive them and double as a pre-amp for my speakers.  

Dec 3, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #9,677 of 13,137
  I placed my order about immediately after I got the email on the 23rd and received my LCD-2 B-stocks on Wednesday the 30th.  I got the Bamboo with black lambskin pads and headband, exactly the ones I was hoping for so I was very happy.  They look brand new, I can't find a fault on them anywhere.  The certificate of authenticity with them was signed 8.3.2016, so is there any way to tell what version of the drivers they have inside them?  I know they have the fazors since I can feel the ridges, but beyond that I am not sure.  I'm quite enjoying them right now through my microZOTL w/LPS I picked up to drive them and double as a pre-amp for my speakers.  

you should have the latest Fazor version since they were manufactured after Dec 2015 which is when they changed over to the latest version.

Dec 4, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #9,680 of 13,137
Finally got a LCD 2 Fazor for myself after a long time :) I'm looking an amp to pair with it. Now i'm wondering if the Schiit Jotunheim or Audio-gd C2 will be the better choice :) A friendly seller ( who sold me the LCD 2 ) adviced me should go with the Jot ( clean power, clean sound ) . But the C2 also have good scale . Both of them can drive Lcd2 well and have the same price. 
(I also think to use ESS9018 as Chip for the DAC)
Can anyone give me the advice, what amp should i choose ?

Dec 4, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #9,681 of 13,137
  Finally got a LCD 2 Fazor for myself after a long time :) I'm looking an amp to pair with it. Now i'm wondering if the Schiit Jotunheim or Audio-gd C2 will be the better choice :) A friendly seller ( who sold me the LCD 2 ) adviced me should go with the Jot ( clean power, clean sound ) . But the C2 also have good scale . Both of them can drive Lcd2 well and have the same price. 
(I also think to use ESS9018 as Chip for the DAC)
Can anyone give me the advice, what amp should i choose ?

Can search both amps here at the top of the thread for impressions...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/495631/amp-recommendations-for-audeze-lcd-2/8700#post_13060337

Dec 4, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #9,682 of 13,137
What is the absolutely cheapest usb amp/dac combo that can 'comfortbly' power these?

Dec 4, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #9,684 of 13,137
i declare, once again...the LCD2 is the best headfone ever to grace my sofa.
cheers to all LCD2lovers :p

Dec 4, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #9,686 of 13,137
I cant believe it. My laptop just bit the dust and my music source to try the LCD-2 just went bye bye.... since I have the Deckard for amp and dac on the way, what kind of laptop/desktop/programs should I consider? What really makes a nice computer rig for phones like these? Or does it really matter?

Dec 4, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #9,688 of 13,137
I cant believe it. My laptop just bit the dust and my music source to try the LCD-2 just went bye bye.... since I have the Deckard for amp and dac on the way, what kind of laptop/desktop/programs should I consider? What really makes a nice computer rig for phones like these? Or does it really matter?

You could get one of those portable music players. That way you can just go for any computer, and play your music off the other device (I'm new here, so i'm not sure if there's a better option, but since you have an amp/dac..).

Dec 4, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #9,689 of 13,137

To simply get music into your new headphones, you could always try to get a CCK if you run iOS or an OTG cable if you run Android and connect your phone to the amp via USB.

Dec 4, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #9,690 of 13,137
I'm looking for a computer, laptop or desktop as mine is toast. Just not sure if it need to be basic or powerful. No gaming, just internet, youtube and programs for music. Just not sure what is needed. Im getting too old amd technology has out ran me! Hahah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back