Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Nov 27, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #9,406 of 13,134
  im also thinking of hopping on the Audeze LCD-2 bandwagon with this b-stock black friday promo.

But - will like some inputs.

Currently im using HD598SE Senheisser, will i be getting a major upgrade from it?
And for my headphone, im using the O2 Dac/amp, will it be a good match? or im better off staying with my HD598 coz of my dac/amp

I don't know the HD598, but I know the HD600 (similar cans?). If you are looking for truly neutral I'd say stick with them. The LCD-2 has much better bass extension though, from my point of view they are more enjoyable. O2 is powerful enough to drive them, but as often, you get better results with more powerful to with planar magnetic since the LCD-2 supports 15W.

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #9,407 of 13,134

I don't know the HD598, but I know the HD600 (similar cans?). If you are looking for truly neutral I'd say stick with them. The LCD-2 has much better bass extension though, from my point of view they are more enjoyable. O2 is powerful enough to drive them, but as often, you get better results with more powerful to with planar magnetic since the LCD-2 supports 15W.

hmmm when you say for truly neutral, stick with my hd598? lcd-2 will be more warmish and better bass extentison?

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #9,408 of 13,134
  hmmm when you say for truly neutral, stick with my hd598? lcd-2 will be more warmish and better bass extentison?

I don't really know the sound signature of your cans, only the HD600. I don't know if they are close. If they are, you can take the advice.

What is true is that Audeze sound signature is dark. If you mostly listen to jazz and classic maybe you should stick with Senn.

Nov 27, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #9,409 of 13,134

I don't really know the sound signature of your cans, only the HD600. I don't know if they are close. If they are, you can take the advice.

What is true is that Audeze sound signature is dark. If you mostly listen to jazz and classic maybe you should stick with Senn.

how bout rock?

red hot chili peppers,coldplay, artic monkey, killers etc etc?

Nov 27, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #9,410 of 13,134
  how bout rock?

Coldplay for sure, they are pseudo electronic these days. You'll love the bass extension with electronic. For 4 instrument band like the rest, LCD-2 makes a good work with the separation and imaging. For the true price range of the LCD-2, the HD800 makes a better work with the sound stage and layering, but we are talking about half the price right now (also the HD800 can be too bright for some and harder to drive).

You can't go wrong with them at that price. Also Audeze offers 30 day trial plus 3 year warranty. Worst case you'd lose the shipping money.

Nov 27, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #9,411 of 13,134

I wouldn't call the fazor model dark - the pre-razor yes....

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #9,416 of 13,134
  Ordered yesterday in the morning, order status is still "Order under review". Is it the same for you? Maybe they'll ship all b-stock deals when the sale is over?

My order status says "Payment received - CC", placed order on 11/24

Nov 27, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #9,417 of 13,134
On Wednesday night, I ordered the LCD-2 and then decided to grab a Deckard as well, so I placed two separate orders ten minutes apart from one another. As of today, one order says "Payment Received" and the other order says "Riskified Verification Pending". I used two different debit cards  because when I tried to use the same one, the web site would not accept the same payment method for both orders (I assume as a fraud prevention measure). I am really hoping everything ships on Monday.

Nov 27, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #9,418 of 13,134
  im also thinking of hopping on the Audeze LCD-2 bandwagon with this b-stock black friday promo.

But - will like some inputs.

Currently im using HD598SE Senheisser, will i be getting a major upgrade from it?
And for my headphone, im using the O2 Dac/amp, will it be a good match? or im better off staying with my HD598 coz of my dac/amp

I had both the HD-598 and ODAC/O2, gave away the HD-598 and sold the ODAC/O2, the HD-598 was just a little to thin sounding and the ODAC/O2 didn't pair well with most of my headphones and to me it was a little on the bright side of neutral.

The LCD-2 will be quite different from what you currently have, the highs are smoother, there is a nice weight to the mids and the bass is extended and nicely detailed.  You should try the LCD-2 with the ODAC/O2 first to see if you like the pairing, if not then go looking for an amp as the ODAC is a decent DAC IMO.

Nov 27, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #9,419 of 13,134

HD-598 and HD-600 are not close IMO, also the LCD-2f is not dark at all.

how bout rock?

For rock & classic rock I usually use my Grado or custom Ypsilon or Nhoord driver builds, these are designed for genres where the guitars are the most present instruments and need a little edginess to really get me involved with the music, the LCD-2 while good is a touch too smooth for me.

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #9,420 of 13,134
​Thanks Johnzz4. What about the Audeze Deckard? Any experience with that one?

No, no experience. I'm sure it would be very good coming from Audeze if you're willing to extend your budget a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back