Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Nov 28, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #9,436 of 13,132
Just got off the phone with audeze support. They are working on fill-in the orders starting today. Is there any difference between 2015 Bamboo drivers and 2016. Has there been any changes in the version after fazor.? Lost track of them.

Fazor drivers were changed/updated in Dec 2015 IIRC.  So if the 2015 Bamboo was made in Dec 2015 it would have the latest drivers, if made earlier then the original Fazor drivers.

Nov 28, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #9,437 of 13,132
Put in for an order of these on Wednesday.  Can't wait to try them out, they'll be my first audiophile headphones.  I was going to get the HE-400i's Wednesday morning but saw Audeze's black Friday deals & decided to jump on it.  Kind of spent all my money though, since I was going to get the HE-400i's & a Schiit stack.  I'll have to find a good budget AMP/DAC that will hold me over for a few months.  

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #9,441 of 13,132
  But not the most reliable?  I was under the impression all the changes were made to improve the reliability.

I had the rev1 first. They failed and was replaced by the rev2. I use them at least 3 hours each day since 5 years now. They still sound great. I just have to replace the pads that start to fall but the the driver is perfect.

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #9,443 of 13,132
I wonder if their website team didn't put in the actual amount they had available so it kept processing peoples orders.  That would suck if there were tons of refunds/cancellations.    Has anyone's order been marked as shipped yet?  

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #9,444 of 13,132
They are still listing Bocote and Barton Perreira LCD-XC special editions in their Private Lounge section and they will let you put them in the cart and pay for them. I did so and they had to call me to say they hadn't had those for ages, and refunded my large purchase. I asked them to update the web page, that was over a month ago, still can "buy" them. 

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #9,445 of 13,132
  I wonder if their website team didn't put in the actual amount they had available so it kept processing peoples orders.  That would suck if there were tons of refunds/cancellations.    Has anyone's order been marked as shipped yet?  

​I ordered a set of LCD-2s and a Deckard amp by placing two separate orders (in close proximity to one another). The LCD-2 order was placed on 11/23 about ten minutes after I received the email on Wednesday evening.

I just received an email this afternoon (11/28) updating my order status for the LCDs. It stated that the order had been processed and the item would be shipping shortly. Under account tab on the Audeze web site, the order is now listed as "Completed - - Waiting to Ship". That is encouraging news!

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #9,446 of 13,132
I have HD558 and pre phasor 2.2 and like both....and still listen to both. I've also listened to the newer phasor LCD-2 at meets. The LCD-2 to me is a big step up in clarity. The 558/598, to me, give a bit more space/air in the image.
im also thinking of hopping on the Audeze LCD-2 bandwagon with this b-stock black friday promo.

But - will like some inputs.

Currently im using HD598SE Senheisser, will i be getting a major upgrade from it?
And for my headphone, im using the O2 Dac/amp, will it be a good match? or im better off staying with my HD598 coz of my dac/amp

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #9,447 of 13,132
Man I ordered Thursday morning, my order still says payment pending. The money was taken out of my account almost immediately I wonder how many they had.

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #9,448 of 13,132
  Man I ordered Thursday morning, my order still says payment pending. The money was taken out of my account almost immediately I wonder how many they had.

Ordered Saturday morning, money taken from account and says Payment Received/Order Created. Wish we had a little more info...

Maybe if they run out of b-stock they'll just give us new ones for the same price?? Wishful thinking lol

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #9,449 of 13,132
https://twitter.com/Audeze/with_replies

It does say they sold out the LCD-2 very quickly on here a few times. It was an insane price and deal, congrats to those who actually end up getting one.

It sounds like they only had a very limited quantity available. Who knows how many they actually had? It makes no mention of that.

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #9,450 of 13,132
  https://twitter.com/Audeze/with_replies

It does say they sold out the LCD-2 very quickly on here a few times. It was an insane price and deal, congrats to those who actually end up getting one.

It sounds like they only had a very limited quantity available. Who knows how many they actually had? It makes no mention of that.

I also find it weird the buy now button is still active if they've sold out right away as Audeze said they did.

I think if we are talking about bang for buck, you just cannot beat an LCD-2 for premium sound quality at an affordable price point, especially that incredible price.

Maybe the person who wrote that on Twitter is incorrect? It doesn't make sense otherwise. When you have a marketplace you set how many of any item you want to sell. The software can automatically display "Sold Out" when that number is reached. Would seem really odd if a company the size of Audeze didn't have something like that set up..just seems like more of a headache for themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back