Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Nov 27, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #9,421 of 13,139
  IMHO and with my limited knowledge/experience. I believe you are going to need two amps. I currently have a fostex TH-600 (which I would think has similar power requirements as the D5000) and a HE-400I (which I think is a little harder to drive then the s) and I use an Audio-GD NFB11. I also have the LCD-2's on the way but I'm pretty confident the NFB11 doesn't have anywhere near the power needed to properly drive those headphones. I'm currently looking at the NFB-1amp or the LYR2 for the LCD's still not sure if I want to go SS or Tube or both. The NFB-11 is $325 plus shipping.

He would not need 2 separate amps. Deckard has 3 gain settings and should be able to power everything he owns and the huge majority of headphones on the market, except maybe a few weird ones. It has plenty of power.

Also - the LCD-2 really is not that hard to drive. Most decent amps should do fine.

I can also plug it straight into my Macbook with a 3.5 mm adaptor and it still sounds great. They really aren't as picky as people seem to think.

Nov 27, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #9,424 of 13,139
I'm hoping to get the suede pads. If I receive leather and someone receives suede but wants leather, I'd be willing to swap.

If i get the suede, I'll keep you in mind.

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #9,426 of 13,139

Ok, What you going to power them with?

As of now I have JDS labs O2+ODAC for my desktop and a mojo that travels with me and my lappy.

Due to this purchase I am looking into something that can provide some more power though. I am thinking about trying the balanced audio-gd route for an amp. Don't know about a new DAC though, any recommendations?

My poor poor wallet.

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #9,428 of 13,139
As of now I have JDS labs O2+ODAC for my desktop and a mojo that travels with me and my lappy.

Due to this purchase I am looking into something that can provide some more power though. I am thinking about trying the balanced audio-gd route for an amp. Don't know about a new DAC though, any recommendations?

My poor poor wallet.

FYI, the Mojo actually drives the LCD-2.2 (pre-fazor) that I own just fine. I really like the combo actually and I own MUCH more TOTL gear to compare to - see my profile. If you feel the need for a more powerful amp for some reason that's up to you but as far as a DAC is concerned you'll need to spend a LOT more money to match the performance of the Mojo.

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #9,429 of 13,139

How does the mojo compare to the o2+odac in regards of sound? I planned on getting the O2+Odac, but decided to get the lyr+bifrost combo instead.

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #9,434 of 13,139
The b stock sale is still on. Hope they have enough inventory to fulfill the many orders they would have received till now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back