Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #7,471 of 13,139

Their new logo ?
atsmile.gif

Could be, Baldr recommended the album, Folke Uke with the track "**** Makes the Flowers Grow".   So I took the creative liberty of providing the dynamic duo a marketing hint, "Schiit Makes the Music Grow."    Oh, and it's a fun album.

Feb 12, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #7,472 of 13,139
 Did you manually email them instead of submitting an inquiry with Support? I've submitted an inquiry since last week, yet to hear from them.

Has anyone (at all) heard back from Audeze Support?

Yes I did.   As I posted above @taxiq " Second other thing, I emailed the contact person listed on automated order confirmation by "replying" to the confirmation.    Had I known that was all that was needed, none of this might have happened."   If that is not clear enough.  What you do is look at the auto confirmation you receive from Audeze and at that bottom you will see this 

Merchant Contact Information
Audeze LLC
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
US
tony@audeze.com

As I wrote above, all you need do is hit your "REPLY" button and you will send an email to tony.   He's a sales rep, who I think will be earning a commission if he is involved (some companies do not pay commissions on direct website sales).   In my case he responded immediately and my order will be delivered today.

If you email support, you are going to tech people NOT sales support.  So don't be surprised  when you don't get a prompt response on an order issue.

DO Email tony!    And please report back to this thread your results so this posting can either be confirmed or refuted.

tony hamilton is the sales manager i think. He emailed me when i ordered my lcd-2 because of credit card issues. He is very quick in replying to emails. When i sent back the lcd-2 for replacement, i mailed him again and got my replacement lcd-2 in a week. This was during the holiday season fyi

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #7,473 of 13,139
Just bought the Gungnir Multibit. Thanks for the help guys!

Feb 12, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #7,474 of 13,139
I emailed Tony, the national sales manager at Audeze.

And he was very responsive. My LCD-2 will be shipped today. 

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #7,475 of 13,139
I'm not a big advocate of cable sq enhancement, but if there is a cable that draws every bit of upper end detail and tightens up the lower end while still maintaining a cohesive balance, it is this DHC Complement4 fusion cable I purchased from a fellow head-fier.  It's a great addition to the LCD-2s.  I've been pleasantly surprised!

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #7,476 of 13,139
I ordered the alo green line for my lcd-2. Lets see if there is an improvement. With the stock cable it already sounds great. I had a good experience upgrading my a83 cable to linum. Hope its the same with this.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Feb 13, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #7,477 of 13,139
Has anyone else tried a grill mod on their lcd-2f? I'm pretty surprised with the positive result. Feel like it had more of an effect than on my Hifiman cans.

Feb 13, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #7,478 of 13,139
Has anyone else tried a grill mod on their lcd-2f? I'm pretty surprised with the positive result. Feel like it had more of an effect than on my Hifiman cans.

How would you describe the effect?  Thanks!

Feb 13, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #7,479 of 13,139
Id really have to listen and compare with some open cans more to see if it's real or just in my head but more open and airy. Less congested, and I really think the imaging is better

Feb 13, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #7,480 of 13,139
The Gungnir Multibit really has brought some depth to my setup, it's like I'm finally getting closer to that LCD-2 sound I first heard a few years ago at a headphone meet.

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #7,481 of 13,139
  The Gungnir Multibit really has brought some depth to my setup, it's like I'm finally getting closer to that LCD-2 sound I first heard a few years ago at a headphone meet.

Beresford Bushmaster Mk 2 is a cheaper DAC that can also render the 3D imaging very well for its price, even though it is a lower-end delta-sigma DAC.

Feb 15, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #7,484 of 13,139
I just picked up the brand new LCD2 limited edition and iFi micro iDSD combo with a very nice discount. All I can say is wow! I only have it for few days and continue to enjoy it :D

I too am looking to sell se846 and add some $ for a lcd2 or a hd800, I just don't know which, I'll be pairing with chord mojo

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #7,485 of 13,139
I too am looking to sell se846 and add some $ for a lcd2 or a hd800, I just don't know which, I'll be pairing with chord mojo

Those are two extremely different headphones. I think you'll be much more likely to be pleased by the LCD-2 than the HD800, since the LCD-2 has that beautiful planar sound and no shrill highs. I read too many things about people being unhappy with the HD800 unless they have the perfect amp to pair it with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back