Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Feb 10, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #7,456 of 13,139
I upgraded to the Audio-GD NFB-28 when I bought my LCD-2. It's a fully balanced system, and oh boy how it synergiezes!

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #7,458 of 13,139
Any recommendations for the LCD-2 DAC wise? My DAC is the weak link of my system now and Im looking to buy a premier DAC ($1000 or less if its worth it) so i can solve that part of my system. Then maybe im going to look at a new amp later this year when I go to a few headphone meets. But I definitely need a new DAC.

I have really enjoyed my Gumby so far to say the least, totally changed how music sounds for me. The Gumby made everything I have ever listened to extremely addicting again. I would definitely recommend it!

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #7,459 of 13,139
I have really enjoyed my Gumby so far to say the least, totally changed how music sounds for me. The Gumby made everything I have ever listened to extremely addicting again. I would definitely recommend it!

Thank you! Been getting loads of recommendations for the Gungnir Multibit and Matrix Sabre.

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #7,460 of 13,139
  Audeze is a bit much to deal with.   So here's my tale.  Ordered the Pono (balanced) cables for my El-8's.  Couple of weeks later it was delivered.  But it was for Astell not the Pono.   Worse, the box was labeled for the Pono .  .  . the supplier had mislabeled the boxes.   Now go figure just how long it will take for someone to straighten that mess out and you start to understand how screwed up this company is.    And  yes, they paid return postage, however they did not expedite the replacement order so I sat for another couple of weeks waiting.    So did I learn?  Well sort of, yes; ordered my LCD 2's from Crutchfield (who prompted deliver recent fresh pair, mfg. date Jan 18).  Well sort of, no; then ordered balanced cables for the LCD 2's from Audeze and am experiencing the same problems others have been reporting, my order is in some limbo zone.

So is it worth the wait and pita?   Could be, the LCD 2's sound fine, though only marginally better than the EL-8's, and are subject to upgraditis.  The Ether's are looking more attractive every day the wait continues.   There is a tipping point.

EDIT:  + 6 hrs.   E-mailed Audeze of problem and almost immediately attention was paid to my problem and was provided with tracking number.   Am no longer approaching the "tipping point".   One other thing with Audeze, they do ship second day delivery, rather than next week ground (their heart is in the right place even if their execution is somewhat . . .).  Second other thing, I emailed the contact person listed on automated order confirmation by "replying" to the confirmation.    Had I known that was all that was needed, none of this might have happened.

happy listening

I have an older lcd2 with the wood encased headphone cable inputs and I was not happy with mine either. I have replaced the cable which was 2/3 the cost of the headphone approximately(ooouuuchhh!!!!!!!!!!) and I was happier with the performance . But at what cost that stock cable they supply with their headphones are a joke and severely hold back the performance of audezes headphones . Audeze really ought to do something about the stock cables they supply with their headphones they really are not that great at all .I got a chance to hear the ether at last years axpona show and they sounded very good but it had the optional cables on it but it did sound very good especially with the cavalli amp they were using .

Feb 11, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #7,461 of 13,139
Any recommendations for the LCD-2 DAC wise? My DAC is the weak link of my system now and Im looking to buy a premier DAC ($1000 or less if its worth it) so i can solve that part of my system. Then maybe im going to look at a new amp later this year when I go to a few headphone meets. But I definitely need a new DAC.

Audio-GD DAC-19 (10th anniversary), an absolutely great R-2R DAC.

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #7,463 of 13,139
  Audeze is a bit much to deal with.   So here's my tale.  Ordered the Pono (balanced) cables for my El-8's.  Couple of weeks later it was delivered.  But it was for Astell not the Pono.   Worse, the box was labeled for the Pono .  .  . the supplier had mislabeled the boxes.   Now go figure just how long it will take for someone to straighten that mess out and you start to understand how screwed up this company is.    And  yes, they paid return postage, however they did not expedite the replacement order so I sat for another couple of weeks waiting.    So did I learn?  Well sort of, yes; ordered my LCD 2's from Crutchfield (who prompted deliver recent fresh pair, mfg. date Jan 18).  Well sort of, no; then ordered balanced cables for the LCD 2's from Audeze and am experiencing the same problems others have been reporting, my order is in some limbo zone.

So is it worth the wait and pita?   Could be, the LCD 2's sound fine, though only marginally better than the EL-8's, and are subject to upgraditis.  The Ether's are looking more attractive every day the wait continues.   There is a tipping point.

EDIT:  + 6 hrs.   E-mailed Audeze of problem and almost immediately attention was paid to my problem and was provided with tracking number.   Am no longer approaching the "tipping point".   One other thing with Audeze, they do ship second day delivery, rather than next week ground (their heart is in the right place even if their execution is somewhat . . .).  Second other thing, I emailed the contact person listed on automated order confirmation by "replying" to the confirmation.    Had I known that was all that was needed, none of this might have happened.

happy listening

Did you manually email them instead of submitting an inquiry with Support? I've submitted an inquiry since last week, yet to hear from them.

Has anyone (at all) heard back from Audeze Support?

Feb 11, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #7,466 of 13,139
I've read plenty of positive stories in this thread.

Feb 11, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #7,467 of 13,139
  Did you manually email them instead of submitting an inquiry with Support? I've submitted an inquiry since last week, yet to hear from them.

Has anyone (at all) heard back from Audeze Support?

Yes I did.   As I posted above @taxiq " Second other thing, I emailed the contact person listed on automated order confirmation by "replying" to the confirmation.    Had I known that was all that was needed, none of this might have happened."   If that is not clear enough.  What you do is look at the auto confirmation you receive from Audeze and at that bottom you will see this 

Merchant Contact Information
Audeze LLC
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
US
tony@audeze.com

As I wrote above, all you need do is hit your "REPLY" button and you will send an email to tony.   He's a sales rep, who I think will be earning a commission if he is involved (some companies do not pay commissions on direct website sales).   In my case he responded immediately and my order will be delivered today.

If you email support, you are going to tech people NOT sales support.  So don't be surprised  when you don't get a prompt response on an order issue.

DO Email tony!    And please report back to this thread your results so this posting can either be confirmed or refuted.

Feb 11, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #7,468 of 13,139
Hello,

I loved the he400i which i sold and happen to regret the decision. Instead of rebuying the same, i thgt lcd 2 would be way to go. I bought this adorama bundle with lcd-2 and ifi idsd amp today.

I am not able to see or hear about the aluminum edition - lcd 2 being sold by adorama or any reviews/discussions. How different is it from the existing wooden version.

I have a schitt modi 2 uber / magni 2 uber amp-dac. Will these be adequate to drive the lcd-2s

Thanks.

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #7,469 of 13,139
It won't sound any different - the metal ring is entirely cosmetic due to the open design. That gear will work great for driving your gear... you can always get to a Head-Fi meet to try other gear. If you wanted a slight upgrade, something like the Audio-GD NFB-11 would be nice IMHO. Better DAC, Class A amp section :).

Feb 11, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #7,470 of 13,139
  Schiit makes the music grow.

Their new logo ?
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back