Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Feb 5, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #7,426 of 13,139
What revision is it? Other than checking with the seller, you're probably out of luck.

Feb 5, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #7,427 of 13,139
  I bought a pair of used LCD-2's for what I think is a great price ($560 usd), with a custom cable and extra earpads and yokes. When I received the headphones, I noticed that the serial number was missing off the inside of the... yoke adjustment thing? Is there anywhere else I can find that SN? It didn't come with the frequency response graph, either.

Other than that, hot damn are these things great. I jumped from some cheap Yamaha RH3C headphones to these.

Only other source of SN I can see is the inspection card that was in the case.  Maybe ask the seller for receipt or further information.  Glad you're enjoying them!

Good price, don't know if I've seen any before, of any version, at that price.

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #7,428 of 13,139
I've greatly enjoyed my time with the LCD-2 in single-ended. But now that I've finished my cable, I get to see just how nice my system can sound. NFB-28>Balanced OCC>LCD-2.2 Fazor.

Feb 5, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #7,430 of 13,139
As I've come to expect when Balanced is implemented properly, clarity is the first thing that jumps out at you. It's as though a veil is lifted. At first, I feared the LCD-2 was brighter. That's not what I wanted. After some listening, I relaxed. All the smoothness and warmth was still there, just cleaner, and presented on a wider soundstage.

All and all, it's not a vast departure from what I was hearing on Single-ended. Just a bit clearer and wider, with even better instrument separation.

Feb 5, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #7,432 of 13,139
Hi there, 

I just have a question. Does Audeze provide a Tracking # after processing the order?

My order for the LCD-2 has been completed since Wednesday, but I still haven't received a Fedex tracking #. 

Feb 6, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #7,434 of 13,139
  I'm honestly not even sure. It has the fazors, but it's also carved wood where the mini-xlr connectors are, rather than the angled plastic. Thanks for the help, I guess I'll send them a message and hope for the best.

Sounds like you've gotten an older LCD-2 that had fazors fitted. 

I personally think it was a bad idea because of the driver failing issues I'd only really get an Audeze with a secure warranty. Alos the current fazors (November 2015) Sound better than the first batch of fazors, the first batch was awful IMO, rolled off bass, inconsistent, messy treble. 

Feb 6, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #7,436 of 13,139
Feb 6, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #7,439 of 13,139
  Thinking of picking up the latest version, I have the hifiman 400i dunno if it will be an upgrade. I never really heard the audeze lcd. I feel my 400is are a little to bright and lacking a bit of bass

If it helps, I think the LCD 2 is better than the HE560 (owned numerous pairs of LCD-2 for 2 years, heard 560 at a meet). With that being said, I think the ZMF Omni is actually better than both of them.

I heard my friend's pair on my own setup with songs I'm familiar with and played thousands of times on the LCD, and damn, the Omni is so good. I sold my final pair of LCD-2F (January 2016 revision) after hearing the Omni.

I have an Omni coming soon and I'll be a happy camper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back