Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Feb 7, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #7,443 of 13,139
  Love the LCD-2 but now it's dead and I've yet to hear from Audeze since submitting a request and resubmitting another midweek. Hope to hear from them soon.

You might try calling them.  It might be a fluke, but I found my emails to them were responded to after a couple of weeks, yet I called them once and they returned my call within a half an hour.

Feb 7, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #7,446 of 13,139
  What're the chances of a pair failing? I'm getting one used that was originally bought in 2011.

Don't know if there are any percentages, maybe more frequent than other phones.  But they sound great, and I'm banking on that plus the fact that they seem to be easily repairable.  For  me, also knowing I wouldn't have to ship them out of the country even if something went bad.

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #7,447 of 13,139
So I recently acquired a 2.2 pre-fazor with the specific purpose to compare it to my 2.2f Bamboo's (October '15 build). Wanted to hear the non-fazor/fazor argument for myself.

I'm not fully done A/B testing, but as of now I pretty sure I'll be keeping the 2.2f's. To my ears what has won me over is an increased soundstage, treble bump and slightly increased detail retrieval (although I'm not sure if this is due to the treble increase). That and the decrease in sub-bass doesn't seem to be that dramatic. I've tested with a variety of music genre's all coming from very HQ vinyl rips with a Gustard H10/X12 combo.

Any thoughts, suggestions before I ship these 2.2 pre-fazors off? Actually I'm kinda bummed to let them go, those Rosewood housings are so beautiful.

Feb 7, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #7,448 of 13,139

I had similar thing happen last week, @LEGendARY.  Spoke to Audeze friday and the phones should be going out next week.  Said they had back orders and waiting for wood delivery.  Thanks

Thanks man. 

I check my email and order status like 50 times a day. My order has been at "Completed" status for the fourth day.

Not that long, but had me thinking why the hell did I buy it from the manufacturer. I wish I bought them from Razordogaudio or some other reseller. I think they also accept returns in case I didn't like the headphones. Amazon is the one to blame. I'm used to prime 2-day shipping and all that.

Feb 7, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #7,449 of 13,139
The last two days have been the weekend.

Feb 7, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #7,450 of 13,139
The last two days have been the weekend.

I know. But two days to process an order of $1000 headphones, Tuesday and Wednesday. And then Thursday and Friday they did nothing. Not even an update or an explanation. Nobody answers requests! Like for real, are they that occupied! I mean it's a small company after all with a relatively low number of costumers. But still they seem not to give a screw. 

krumley7882 did mention the shortage of wood. So now at least I know whats up! 

Feb 8, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #7,451 of 13,139
I ordered the extended yoke rods (I have a huge head) and leather care kit from adorama and they are on backorder. So even accessories they have limited supply. 
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #7,452 of 13,139
  I ordered the extended yoke rods (I have a huge head) and leather care kit from adorama and they are on backorder. So even accessories they have limited supply. 
confused_face(1).gif

Just out of curiosity, did you try ordering directly from Audeze?

Feb 10, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #7,454 of 13,139
Audeze is a bit much to deal with.   So here's my tale.  Ordered the Pono (balanced) cables for my El-8's.  Couple of weeks later it was delivered.  But it was for Astell not the Pono.   Worse, the box was labeled for the Pono .  .  . the supplier had mislabeled the boxes.   Now go figure just how long it will take for someone to straighten that mess out and you start to understand how screwed up this company is.    And  yes, they paid return postage, however they did not expedite the replacement order so I sat for another couple of weeks waiting.    So did I learn?  Well sort of, yes; ordered my LCD 2's from Crutchfield (who prompted deliver recent fresh pair, mfg. date Jan 18).  Well sort of, no; then ordered balanced cables for the LCD 2's from Audeze and am experiencing the same problems others have been reporting, my order is in some limbo zone.

So is it worth the wait and pita?   Could be, the LCD 2's sound fine, though only marginally better than the EL-8's, and are subject to upgraditis.  The Ether's are looking more attractive every day the wait continues.   There is a tipping point.

EDIT:  + 6 hrs.   E-mailed Audeze of problem and almost immediately attention was paid to my problem and was provided with tracking number.   Am no longer approaching the "tipping point".   One other thing with Audeze, they do ship second day delivery, rather than next week ground (their heart is in the right place even if their execution is somewhat . . .).  Second other thing, I emailed the contact person listed on automated order confirmation by "replying" to the confirmation.    Had I known that was all that was needed, none of this might have happened.

happy listening

Feb 10, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #7,455 of 13,139
Any recommendations for the LCD-2 DAC wise? My DAC is the weak link of my system now and Im looking to buy a premier DAC ($1000 or less if its worth it) so i can solve that part of my system. Then maybe im going to look at a new amp later this year when I go to a few headphone meets. But I definitely need a new DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back