Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Sep 26, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #6,587 of 13,134
  It's been a few days now, kinda disappointing in the Asus Xonar stx sound card, it doesn't not have enough dynamic and bass. I remember using the Magni and Modi uber and it was way better. 

not quite like for like but...

I originally had the LCD-2s connected to a Xonar DS with a Fiio E11K amp and now have it on a Lyr 2 / Modi 2 combo and the difference is dramatic.

Sep 26, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #6,588 of 13,134
  not quite like for like but...

I originally had the LCD-2s connected to a Xonar DS with a Fiio E11K amp and now have it on a Lyr 2 / Modi 2 combo and the difference is dramatic.

Thats quite impressive. Lyr2 is so powerful. 
gs1000.gif
.  Thats makes me want one too. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 26, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #6,590 of 13,134
I think I am finally going to take the plunge!  I have been lusting after the Audeze lineup for a while (1 year+) and I think that it's finally time to try out the LCD 2-2F.

I am having a hard time deciding on the type of wood to order.  I like the contrast of the bamboo color but the actual wood in the rosewood looks much cleaner.  I wonder if one looks better in person since I definitely prefer the way the bamboo looks.

Also there are so many options for pads, headband mods, etc.  So many choices!

Sep 26, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #6,591 of 13,134
  I think I am finally going to take the plunge!  I have been lusting after the Audeze lineup for a while (1 year+) and I think that it's finally time to try out the LCD 2-2F.

I am having a hard time deciding on the type of wood to order.  I like the contrast of the bamboo color but the actual wood in the rosewood looks much cleaner.  I wonder if one looks better in person since I definitely prefer the way the bamboo looks.

Seen both, still like the lighter bamboo wood

Sep 26, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #6,592 of 13,134

Bamboo and full black micro-suede headband and pads look very nice.
Micro-suede ear-pads are the plushest ear-pads/pillows I've owned ; better than the Beyer silky silvery after-market pads.
I had to wait over a year as well before picking a pair up.

Sep 27, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #6,593 of 13,134

I realllllly strongly suggest the micro-suede/vegan pads. I have brown pads with rosewood, it looks cool. I bet black pads would be bomb well!

Sep 27, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #6,594 of 13,134
  I realllllly strongly suggest the micro-suede/vegan pads. I have brown pads with rosewood, it looks cool. I bet black pads would be bomb well!

Are those the leather free pads?  I am actually so torn right now.  I have no idea whether or not to get the bamboo or rosewood since both have their ups and downs.  And though I want to try the leather free pads, it seems the leather will last longer.

Sep 27, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #6,595 of 13,134

Are those the leather free pads?  I am actually so torn right now.  I have no idea whether or not to get the bamboo or rosewood since both have their ups and downs.  And though I want to try the leather free pads, it seems the leather will last longer.

If you wanna pay ~$150 for the nicer wood, might as well. I recommend the vegan/leather-free/micro-suede pads for comfort - and I don't see any reason to think they wouldn't last as long, leather needs treatment usually, these you can vacuum and wash just fine.

Sep 27, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #6,596 of 13,134
I've been considering getting a LCD-3, how does it compare to the LCD-2? I'd assume they're not really comparable considering the huge price difference. I'm in the process of selling my LCD-XC and getting a open back headphone

Sep 27, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #6,597 of 13,134
I auditioned the LCD-3 a long time ago, and didn't think it was that much better than LCD-2.2, not at twice the price.

Plus, the LCD-3 apparently has technical issues -- see the HF thread on LCD-3 driver breakdowns.

Sep 27, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #6,598 of 13,134
I see, what type of equipment did you audition with? I'm wanting to get a whole new set up for the new headphones.

I'll need to go give the LCD 2s a try in person sometime since I've only listened to the LCD 3s but I'm hoping that I'll end up agreeing with you since that's same me a chunk of change. I might even keep my LCD XCs instead of selling them if I go with the 2s.

Sep 27, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #6,599 of 13,134
  I see, what type of equipment did you audition with? I'm wanting to get a whole new set up for the new headphones.

I'll need to go give the LCD 2s a try in person sometime since I've only listened to the LCD 3s but I'm hoping that I'll end up agreeing with you since that's same me a chunk of change. I might even keep my LCD XCs instead of selling them if I go with the 2s.

How should I know? It was in-store, their gear. Decent amp and CDP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back