Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Sep 27, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #6,601 of 13,134
I tried the LCD3 against my LCD2.2 and I prefer the LCD2.2. More low end and more natural sound for me. Even if the LCD3 would be cheaper than the 2.2 I would go for a 2.2.
So it's a question of taste. Do you prefer low extension or high extension? 
The LCD2.2 is less sensible than the LCD3 which easier to drive.

Sep 27, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #6,603 of 13,134
  I tried the LCD3 against my LCD2.2 and I prefer the LCD2.2. More low end and more natural sound for me. Even if the LCD3 would be cheaper than the 2.2 I would go for a 2.2.
So it's a question of taste. Do you prefer low extension or high extension? 
The LCD2.2 is less sensible than the LCD3 which easier to drive.

Wow, now I really hope I prefer the LCD2s more. If its more natural sounding then I'd like it more for sure. I can't say I've listened to enough headphones to really say if I have a preference for low or high extension. It seems like it'd be best for me to just go give them both a shot and see what I like more.

Sep 27, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #6,604 of 13,134

Wow, now I really hope I prefer the LCD2s more. If its more natural sounding then I'd like it more for sure. I can't say I've listened to enough headphones to really say if I have a preference for low or high extension. It seems like it'd be best for me to just go give them both a shot and see what I like more.

Make sure you audition with your own music (bring some CDs) that you know very well re. bass, imaging, etc.

Sep 28, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #6,606 of 13,134
DANG I GOTTA HEAR THAT
IT LOOKS SO CLEAN

Sep 29, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #6,612 of 13,134
  are there any difference between the sound of rosewood and bamboo? 

There could be a case for it if it were a closed cup but no, not with open wood hoops.

Sep 29, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #6,613 of 13,134
So,  I've started experiencing static/audio cutout on my LCD-2s.  This primarily happens when I move them around and is more prominent on the right driver.  This happens regardless of what source I plug them into. Could this be a bad cable (I'm using the original cable from Audeze) or a problem with the headphones themselves?   These things are about two years old.  If I don't move at all there's no problem.  I have no other cable to test them with.  

Sep 29, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #6,614 of 13,134
Sounds like cable issues i've had with previous HPs.

The cable is the one thing i'm not overly impressed with on the LCD-2.
Also because it connects at a angle the weight of it is constantly bending the join so I worry about issues such as yours.

Sep 29, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #6,615 of 13,134
So,  I've started experiencing static/audio cutout on my LCD-2s.  This primarily happens when I move them around and is more prominent on the right driver.  This happens regardless of what source I plug them into. Could this be a bad cable (I'm using the original cable from Audeze) or a problem with the headphones themselves?   These things are about two years old.  If I don't move at all there's no problem.  I have no other cable to test them with.  

Yep, this sounds like the cable is taking a crap. The stock Audeze cables have been known to go bad fairly quickly, it's really a surprise yours lasted 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back