Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jun 22, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #3,346 of 13,134
i just bought the audeze lcd2 rev 2 version and I was wondering is there a mod or maybe using another cable or adding a layer to the inside cups like in mad dogs there are mods to increase bass and lower treble 

what is a good alternative cable better than stock that might increase bass impact if there is any below 100 USD 

Jun 22, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #3,347 of 13,134
  i just bought the audeze lcd2 rev 2 version and I was wondering is there a mod or maybe using another cable or adding a layer to the inside cups like in mad dogs there are mods to increase bass and lower treble 

what is a good alternative cable better than stock that might increase bass impact if there is any below 100 USD 

... meh I'm not to sure... all the cable I've ever gotten in terms of upgrade have at best sounded better in terms of less something, I've never had a cable add anything, most of my OCC copper cables add soundstage and remove decay... that's about it 

Jun 22, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #3,348 of 13,134

Funny because since I've become used to my LCD-XC I find my LCD-2 rev2 to sound muffled and very bass heavy.

This a complete 180° spin from when I first received the XC which I initially felt were too high-mid to treble centric. I stuck with the XC because I love the faster, more realistic sound I hear from them. Once I got used to the XC I can't go back. I still listen to the LCD-2 in my home office when working, but they've been replaced as my favourite.

Maybe try some material in the cups over the grill and see what it does to the sound. Much easier and cheaper to do this kind of experimenting than going with an expensive cable. If you have money to spend then the Moon Audio Black Dragon v2 is supposed to help darken the sound a bit, but that'll run you around 400 USD. Here is the link

What headphones are you coming from? I'd suggest listening to the LCD-2's exclusively for a while and then go back to your other cans. You may find you enjoy the LCD-2's after all.

Jun 22, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #3,349 of 13,134
Funny because since I've become used to my LCD-XC I find my LCD-2 rev2 to sound muffled and very bass heavy.

This a complete 180° spin from when I first received the XC which I initially felt were too high-mid to treble centric. I stuck with the XC because I love the faster, more realistic sound I hear from them. Once I got used to the XC I can't go back. I still listen to the LCD-2 in my home office when working, but they've been replaced as my favourite.

Maybe try some material in the cups over the grill and see what it does to the sound. Much easier and cheaper to do this kind of experimenting than going with an expensive cable. If you have money to spend then the Moon Audio Black Dragon v2 is supposed to help darken the sound a bit, but that'll run you around 400 USD. Here is the link

What headphones are you coming from? I'd suggest listening to the LCD-2's exclusively for a while and then go back to your other cans. You may find you enjoy the LCD-2's after all.

UGH I wanna hear the LCD XC xD

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #3,350 of 13,134

Do you think a silver/copper hybrid cable (in same cable line) would address the mids/treble "muffle" without causing etchy/sparkly upper region ? I had bookmarked a new Litz DIY cable for that idea.

Jun 23, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #3,351 of 13,134
Do you think a silver/copper hybrid cable (in same cable line) would address the mids/treble "muffle" without causing etchy/sparkly upper region ? I had bookmarked a new Litz DIY cable for that idea.

You mean the Silver Dragon V3? That's what they're advertised for so I imagine it would help with the "muffle", and I can't imagine the LCD-2 ever sounding too edgy/sparkly. I haven't heard them so I wouldn't know for sure but there are many people who swear by them. I haven't heard the Black Dragon V2 either but had my finger on the 'buy' button more than once for my XC.

I'm dying to try out either cable but not sure how much of a difference I will hear vs the cost. By the way, I want to be clear that I only find my LCD-2 muffled compared to my XC. Before the XC I was more than satisfied with the LCD-2.

Jun 23, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #3,352 of 13,134

I bought my audeze used and by no means I have anything but to say I am so happy woth the audeze lcd 2 rev2, and the sound is simply amazing for me.

But since I bought mine used, I thought of replacing the headband to the leather one, and buy an extra cable as I like to keep an extra one just in case something happens to the stock cable and since I am buying I thought maybe different cables will give different sound signatures than the stock, so if there is such a cable under 150 USD I might buy it if it adds more bass impact and give more warm sound. Although I highly suspect that cables can have such effect on sound signature.

So if my budget is 150 USD shall I look for after market cables or stock buy the 80 usd stock cable?

Jun 23, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #3,353 of 13,134
I love the sound I am getting from the audeze lcd2 rev2, its so so much a nice experience listening to audeze.

Since I am about to replace the cable as I bought mine used and I guess I will not buying expensive headphones like this again, I decided to buy spare cables just in case I need it in the future, so I was wondering which is a good cable under 100 USD, and thought maybe if I use different cables there are different signature affects on th

I bought my audeze used and by no means I have anything but to say I am so happy woth the audeze lcd 2 rev2, and the sound is simply amazing for me.

But since I bought mine used, I thought of replacing the headband to the leather one, and buy an extra cable as I like to keep an extra one just in case something happens to the stock cable and since I am buying I thought maybe different cables will give different sound signatures than the stock, so if there is such a cable under 150 USD I might buy it if it adds more bass impact and give more warm sound. Although I highly suspect that cables can have such effect on sound signature.

So if my budget is 150 USD shall I look for after market cables or stock buy the 80 usd stock cable?

Ah, sorry my friend, I misread your earlier post. :blink: I'm happy with the stock cable (on both my Audeze's) for now but curious about other cables as well. I know most aftermarket cables aren't cheap.

Jun 23, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #3,354 of 13,134

Ah, sorry my friend, I misread your earlier post.
blink.gif
I'm happy with the stock cable (on both my Audeze's) for now but curious about other cables as well. I know most aftermarket cables aren't cheap.

any help from members that can help in chosing an after market cable that may add more  bass impact under 150 USD

by all means I love the bass as is but the more the merrier

Jun 23, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #3,355 of 13,134

Are you saying your rev2 doesn't have the leather headband? I asked Audeze about this and the Rev2 only ever came with a leather headband. If you have a foam headband then it's a Rev1. Unless the previous owner replaced it.

Jun 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #3,357 of 13,134
Are you saying your rev2 doesn't have the leather headband? I asked Audeze about this and the Rev2 only ever came with a leather headband. If you have a foam headband then it's a Rev1. Unless the previous owner replaced it.

update 

mine was originally rev1 and then replaced with rev2 drivers, i got that original email from audeze that they send to the guy i bought it from

Jun 24, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #3,358 of 13,134
Unfortunately, finances require that I sell my new LCD-2's. If anyone is looking for an LCD-2 but does not want fazor, these could be the ticket!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724411/audeze-lcd-2-late-2013

Jun 25, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #3,359 of 13,134
  Unfortunately, finances require that I sell my new LCD-2's. If anyone is looking for an LCD-2 but does not want fazor, these could be the ticket!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724411/audeze-lcd-2-late-2013

I own a pair of this generation and they are the bomb!!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back