Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 1, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #2,836 of 13,132
As promised, here is my graph. Manufactured 3/14/2014

I want better sound out of my LCD2s. While it is currently breathtaking with my fiio setup, i think its time to upgrade. 

I tried out the dragonfly DAC in a store with my e9 and the sound got snappier, which i liked. 

Should I just get a nice DAC right now and wait for amp later? Or should I upgrade both?

Budget is not terribly high. So I'm thinking of just getting a ~$500 DAC right now. Any suggestions? Thank you

I think you should definitely check out the Bifrost from Schiit. I have the Lyr amp and I will get the Bifrost soon.

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #2,838 of 13,132
FYI there's information in the new audeze lcd3 thread - based on responses from other Audeze support staff - that casts doubt on the idea fazor has or even can be added to the LCD3 and therefore possibly the 2 as well.

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #2,840 of 13,132
As one wit more or less implied, audeze or part of their customer support may have set their fazors on stun!

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #2,843 of 13,132
i don't know but it seems everytime Audeze makes a change to their headphones they end up going further away from the "Audeze sound". They seem to be getting airier, brighter and more nuetral, which is a shame because there are so many other headphones that do that. I for one am glad I have a Rev 1 LCD-2.

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #2,844 of 13,132
I only had the chance to audition a Rev 2 once. Manufactured back in 2012 I think. Tomorrow I'll receive my pair manufactured on March 14th, 2014. It has been a while that I tried the Rev 2 but maybe I'll here a difference. Let's see how significant a difference it is.

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #2,845 of 13,132
i don't know but it seems everytime Audeze makes a change to their headphones they end up going further away from the "Audeze sound". They seem to be getting airier, brighter and more nuetral, which is a shame because there are so many other headphones that do that. I for one am glad I have a Rev 1 LCD-2.

Audeze is continuing to make technical improvements--which is a good thing. The fazors add detail and coherence, but it's still only fine-tuning the drivers. Even the more neutral LCD-X still has some of the traditional Audeze signature, but if you want a lush liquid Audeze sound, the LCD-3 has it.

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #2,846 of 13,132
Yes there was evidently confusion in how various Audeze CS responses were being interpreted. Audeze cleared that up - fazors are indeed now standard issue for all star fleet, er I mean Audeze product

The full line of Audeze headphones now includes fazors, but fazors can't currently be retrofitted to LCD-2s/LCD-3s.

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #2,847 of 13,132
I'm just really curious when they began implementing it. Maybe Tyll will have the answer when his article goes up. I have a feeling it was in January.

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #2,848 of 13,132

If you like the rev 1 darker sound, do not swap to new ear pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back