Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 2, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #2,853 of 13,139

I agree--it's been totally confusing, but it looks like fazors in all models now.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/684394/audeze-lcd-x/3690#post_10419638

Yep, I got this response from Audeze support.

"The new LCD-2's do have fazor technology. All LCD-2's created on December 18th, 2013 to the present have the fazor technology."

I'm a bit disappointed considering I bought mine about a month before that, but I did get it during that black friday sale, so I got a hell of a deal regardless.

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #2,854 of 13,139
Apr 2, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #2,855 of 13,139
  Yep, I got this response from Audeze support.

"The new LCD-2's do have fazor technology. All LCD-2's created on December 18th, 2013 to the present have the fazor technology."

I'm a bit disappointed considering I bought mine about a month before that, but I did get it during that black friday sale, so I got a hell of a deal regardless.

My measurement sheet is dated December 17th, 2013. Hmmmm.

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #2,856 of 13,139
I sent my serial number in and asked, and just received a reply back from Audeze. I did indeed miss out on fazor by one day lol. Oh well. I love how these sound, so no complaints.

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #2,857 of 13,139
Hmmm funny enough, my LCDs are also just behind the "fazor upgrade" but the graph still looked similar to one that was measured in January 2014 posted earlier here.

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #2,858 of 13,139
I'm pretty sure that the 532 was the last model without fazor (that's my serial number, on the 17th), all of the serial numbers we've seen from January start with 542. It would be interesting to see a Dec. 18 model to see what the serial number is.

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #2,861 of 13,139
Hopefully he compares the ones just before and after the upgrade, since models from a year or two ago are sonically different from more recent non-fazor LCD-2's.

I ended up getting the LCD-2 because I couldn't justify spending the cash for an LCD-X (which is my all time favorite headphone). Anything that makes the LCD-2 more like an LCD-X would be something I want to pay attention to.

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #2,864 of 13,139
A "holographic" soundstage seems like a pretty decent upgrade. If it's as good as the LCD-X's soundstage it's a substantial upgrade!

EDIT: Actually, to those with a fazor LCD-2, how would you compare the soundstage to other headphones?

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #2,865 of 13,139
  I bought mine in December.. 

I'm not sure how I feel about buying a product that was possibly revised a month after I purchased it.

To me, the whole appeal of the LCD-2's was the top-tier bass extension and flat response, with a forgiving treble. As some graphs and comments by members indicate, the sub bass may be compromised for treble extension and response. I am hesitant that this latest version of LCD-2's would still match the versions I have auditioned and loved so much. Such a lack of effective communication is disheartening, and has certainly cut back on the level I trust Audeze. Hopefully Tyll's reviews coupled with more clarity from Audeze can ease some of my temper, but right now I'm just disappointed. Behind the scenes revisions are obnoxious to customers.
This anger stems from the fact that the most notable and beloved characteristics of the LCD-2's being super flat response below 1kHz all the way down & a forgiving treble quantity may now not exist so much, I'm not a detail whore and I found the X's (Fazor) to be borderline too transparent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back