Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jan 19, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #2,266 of 13,134
My son discovered my Audeze's, help !!!!!

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #2,268 of 13,134
  They are absolutely awe-inspiring - you guys were right.

I've never used planar magnetics before. This is a whole new level of bass impact, detail and clarity. When I'm watching movies, I feel like I'm at the cinema - which is what I've been looking for since I got into this hobby.

Seriously - absolutely stunning. It's been a long time since I've been so gobsmacked at a pair of headphones. A LONG time. 

I feel so ridiculous - I can't stop cycling between listening to them, and taking photos of them, rinse and repeat.

i still think the LCD-2 are the best headphones for movies 
biggrin.gif

of course theres the X now...

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #2,270 of 13,134
I liked listening to the X since it sounds closer to the 2 than it does to the 3, and i really loved the bass slam on the LCD-2 as well, the LCD-X seemed to improve on the 2. but i can see someone preferring the 2 for its darker nature

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #2,271 of 13,134
I liked listening to the X since it sounds closer to the 2 than it does to the 3, and i really loved the bass slam on the LCD-2 as well, the LCD-X seemed to improve on the 2. but i can see someone preferring the 2 for its darker nature

I've really grown to love the lcd2, at first I really did find it dark,
And with certain recordings, it can occasionally seem a little thick, or too lush, the x is starting to sound like something I might really like, I've just got my he 5le's sold, I may give them a try, I may have to sell the 2's, I'm going to do some more research

Jan 20, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #2,272 of 13,134
I've really grown to love the lcd2, at first I really did find it dark,
And with certain recordings, it can occasionally seem a little thick, or too lush, the x is starting to sound like something I might really like, I've just got my he 5le's sold, I may give them a try, I may have to sell the 2's, I'm going to do some more research

The overly dark and thick nature of the LCD2 is what makes me want to keep them around in a way though. They're not perfect in every situation, but it's a presentation that I feel like I would miss if I parted with them. They're just so relaxing and seductive.

Jan 20, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #2,273 of 13,134

The overly dark and thick nature of the LCD2 is what makes me want to keep them around in a way though. They're not perfect in every situation, but it's a presentation that I feel like I would miss if I parted with them. They're just so relaxing and seductive.

yes they are warm and relaxing, and they are capable of extraordinary things, but in reading others peoples feelings towards the x
particularly that are not quite as warm, or dark.
i've tended to like a lighter, brighter presentation most of my headphones have been grado's thus far, and i've just started venturing out of the
grado family

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #2,275 of 13,134
most OTL's are better suited for high impedance headphones rather than hard-to-drive low impedance headphones. its not a good impedance match and the LCD-2 will also thicker and slower and generally, the OTL will struggle to deliver enough power for them, more powerful OTL's are generally ok but they make the Audeze sound too warm and slow usually. 

of course not every OTL is the same, and some people do enjoy OTL's with LCD-2.

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #2,276 of 13,134
  most OTL's are better suited for high impedance headphones rather than hard-to-drive low impedance headphones. its not a good impedance match and the LCD-2 will also thicker and slower and generally, the OTL will struggle to deliver enough power for them, more powerful OTL's are generally ok but they make the Audeze sound too warm and slow usually. 

of course not every OTL is the same, and some people do enjoy OTL's with LCD-2.

Thanks! Good to know.

Maybe I'll start barking up the non-OTL tree in that case.

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #2,277 of 13,134
i have the darkvoice336se...is it an OTL? The LCD2 sounds great on it. 

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #2,279 of 13,134
The 336se drives my dt770..hd650..d7k n LCD2 with good authority...
No sense of perforated bass ...unlike when hooked to a HE6..
..it runs out of steam.:p

The is a fullbodied organic bloom from those 6as7/6sn7 combo ..
Lovely.

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #2,280 of 13,134
The 336se drives my dt770..hd650..d7k n LCD2 with good authority...
No sense of perforated bass ...unlike when hooked to a HE6..
..it runs out of steam.
tongue.gif

The is a fullbodied organic bloom from those 6as7/6sn7 combo ..
Lovely.

Temptation is rising.

Some people have told me that OTL amps "Roll-off highs". Do you find this to be the case with the 336SE?

It's a great looking unit that I have considered before. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back