Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Feb 24, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #12,456 of 13,139
Would you recommend the LCD-2 to someone who doesn’t have any experience with EQ (me)? I wouldn’t even know where to begin with it.

However, with my budget of around £700-900, apparently there’s nothing better which can be easily purchased in Europe, UK specifically. How easy is the EQ stuff?

Feb 24, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #12,458 of 13,139
There are 2 different LCD-2 headphones, the "classic" (often called LCD-2C) and "fazor" (often called LCD-2F). They are similar, but not identical. Both can benefit from EQ, but the Fazor has more neutral/flat frequency response so it has less need of it.
Thanks for your reply. My thinking is that I just want to put them on and not tinker too much with EQ. It appears this ‘fazor’ headphone may be the one I’m after then.

Feb 24, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #12,459 of 13,139
Would you recommend the LCD-2 to someone who doesn’t have any experience with EQ (me)? I wouldn’t even know where to begin with it.

However, with my budget of around £700-900, apparently there’s nothing better which can be easily purchased in Europe, UK specifically. How easy is the EQ stuff?
If you are using Roon, there are EQ presets for all Audeze headphones. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about EQ, just enjoy them out of the box. They are quite good.

Feb 25, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #12,461 of 13,139
I have the LCD 2Fs and have never felt the the need to use an equaliser. They are absolutely superb headphones. So visceral and real.
Besides, EQ tends to collapse the sounstage and erase fine spatial cues

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #12,462 of 13,139
What is the best way to EQ these headphones from a mac? I want to just sign up for Apple Music and use the apple equalizer built in to the itunes-esque interface - but they don't offer lossless nearly as well as my current already-paid-for subscription to Amazon music (everything is 16 bit 44.1 or greater).

I have one of these on order and want to EQ them. I have a Loki on the way but they don't seem appropriate for this, actually, unfortunately.

Thanks if anyone knows a good way to EQ on the mac

Feb 26, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #12,463 of 13,139
You could integrate Audirvana into 'iTunes' before, and then use parametric EQ in A+....
You'd have to check current compatibility but Audirvana should have a trial.

Feb 26, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #12,464 of 13,139
Awesome suggestion. Let me look into it.

For now I'm still looking for some kind of option that is compatible with Amazon HD - everything on there is CD quality and above - not apple 320kbs - unless I'm ignorant about apple music

I'll look into audinirvana with that (EDIT: quick search has revealed i'd need to switch to Tidal with audinirvana, maybe worth it, but i've paid for a year in advance with Amazon)

what about Sonarworks reference 4 headphones for EQ? can you manually adjust EQ or do you have to use their prefigured ones, etc? I sent a message out to their support but haven't heard anything

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #12,465 of 13,139
Would love to test the bang up to date version against 2.1 model.
10-year gap between the 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back