Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Aug 13, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #11,161 of 13,139
These LCD2f on my head now sounds really good. I have a ZMF Eikon incoming. I wonder how different that would be.

For now though I'm going to enjoy my LCD-2f.

Aug 13, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #11,163 of 13,139
I too have the hd800 and lcd2 (2016 version) combo.

I too would describe the mids (loosely speaking) as lush however i appreciate the pre fazor woudl have beem very much moreso from what ive read

Re the latest (early 2016+) version audeze informed me (i emailed them early this year) that the serial numbers above
5426093 are the latest version of the lcd2

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #11,164 of 13,139
Congrats @UntilThen on your new Audeze! Don't let these mofos worry you. No matter what year or revision you buy, or how much they "change", the LCD-2 is one hell of a headphone and will always have that warm, lush, Audeze sound, to varying degrees.

Mine is from Nov 2014, the Rev2 with Fazor. I just recently acquired a cable that has brought up the lushness and vibrancy to 11!

Aug 13, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #11,165 of 13,139
@UntilThen i'm also planning (fingers crossed) to have the norne silvergarde s2 at the upcoming sydney meet pencilled in for november for the lcd 2 and hd800

I had the earlier version with my hd800 last time

Aug 13, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #11,166 of 13,139
I too have the hd800 and lcd2 (2016 version) combo.

I too would describe the mids (loosely speaking) as lush however i appreciate the pre fazor woudl have beem very much moreso from what ive read

Re the latest (early 2016+) version audeze informed me (i emailed them early this year) that the serial numbers above
5426093 are the latest version of the lcd2

Hey how did we end up with the same headphones? :wink:

Nice. Now I know I have the latest LCD2 because my serial number is greater than 5426093. About 1600 more.

Aug 13, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #11,167 of 13,139
Congrats @UntilThen on your new Audeze! Don't let these mofos worry you. No matter what year or revision you buy, or how much they "change", the LCD-2 is one hell of a headphone and will always have that warm, lush, Audeze sound, to varying degrees.

Mine is from Nov 2014, the Rev2 with Fazor. I just recently acquired a cable that has brought up the lushness and vibrancy to 11!

Thanks. Your cable sure looks sexy. Dang it matches the LCD2 colour. :)

Here's mine from Forza Audioworks Claire Hybrid HPC. I've got the black Noir HPC Mk2 for my HD800.

20170814_023654.jpg

Aug 13, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #11,168 of 13,139
@UntilThen i'm also planning (fingers crossed) to have the norne silvergarde s2 at the upcoming sydney meet pencilled in for november for the lcd 2 and hd800

I had the earlier version with my hd800 last time

Very good. We will have cables to compare. :ksc75smile:

I was debating between Norne and Forza when getting my cables. Went with Forza because it was much easier when ordering. With Norne, you have to select everything and there's no way to know what the eventual product will look like other than to google some pictures. I mean you have to select cable colour, connector type and colour, etc.

Aug 13, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #11,169 of 13,139
Dang @PinkyPowers I just read your cable review. Who would have thought that a cable would have so much influence over the tone of the LCD2.2f

My Claire Hybrid HPC is a mixture of silver and copper twisted strands. Review says that it dials in warmness and widens soundstage. Me? How would I know. Both headphone and cable are new. I just enjoy the new tone - which is great ! I can see the LCD-2f having more head time than the HD800 now. Much more I'd say.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #11,170 of 13,139
Dang @PinkyPowers I just read your cable review. Who would have thought that a cable would have so much influence over the tone of the LCD2.2f

My Claire Hybrid HPC is a mixture of silver and copper twisted strands. Review says that it dial in warmness and widens soundstage. Me? How would I know. Both headphone and cable are new. I just enjoy the new tone - which is great ! I can see the LCD-2f having more head time than the HD800 now. Much more I'd say.

Yesterday I was listening mostly to the LCD-2. Today it's the HD800. :) I have a balanced Cardas cable for the 800. I find it has a good warm tonality for these rather analytical headphones. When I finally stop being lazy, I plan on reterminating that Silver Poison I mentioned in my review to work with these Sennheisers. See which I like better. I suspect I'll prefer the Cardas, again, because of the warmth. But maybe not. We'll see. I can always sell it, if it's not to my tastes. I'm certain there are those who will want it.

PS. That's a lovely cable you have from Forza. Good choice.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #11,171 of 13,139
Yesterday I was listening mostly to the LCD-2. Today it's the HD800. :) I have a balanced Cardas cable for the 800. I find it has a good warm tonality for these rather analytical headphones.

When I bought my HD800, I did the audition at Addicted To Audio with a Cardas balance cable. It's lovely to touch and a great tone. Tom the salesman wants to sell me that for $1000. :ksc75smile: In the end, I went with Forza at 1/4 the price and still sounds golden to me. The Forza cables looks much better in the flesh. Really well made.

This is the wallet killing Cardas at $1000. This cable is very stiff and coils easily.

Before the LCD-2f came, I love my HD800 ..... a lot ! I'll alternate between the 2 until the ZMF Eikon comes along. Then it might be a 3 way crap fight. :)

s-l300.jpg

Aug 13, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #11,172 of 13,139
I like the no nonsense looks of the black Forza Noir HPC Mk2 for my HD800. This is a pure copper cable, feels light and very flexible. Apologies for flooding the thread with cable talk but you got my attention. :)

Now I put on the HD800 and suddenly it feels very light. :) Still a very lovely tone. Very clear, light and revealing tone. I love details...

20170814_033820.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #11,173 of 13,139
I like the no nonsense looks of the black Forza Noir HPC Mk2 for my HD800. This is a pure copper cable, feels light and very flexible. Apologies for flooding the thread with cable talk but you got my attention. :)

Oh, that turned out very nice indeed.

I really hate the looks of my Cardas cable. It's just a plain grey tube with black and red after the y-split. Nothing like that Cardas photo you posted. But I bought my HD800 used, with two owners before me. The cable came with it, so who knows how old it really is. I suspect quite old, since I had to repair it. One of the channels was cutting out, and I found this after I cut away the heatshrink...

Cardas crap C.jpg

But it's all good now. The ergonomics aren't great, but decent, and the sound is fantastic.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #11,174 of 13,139
Back to Audeze LCD-2f now and I have to admit that apart from the weight of the headphone, I much prefer the tone of the Audeze over the Senns. With vocals, I can listen all night long.... dang time to sleep. Working tomorrow !!!

Aug 13, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #11,175 of 13,139
I found the cardas cable to be a pretty decent option for the hd800 - nice touch of a swwet tone in the mids. It would depend on your setup tohow much it would suit/better it.

I couldnt however go past the details of the silver norne. And i bought the lcd2 instead for the mIds

I did reead here that TTVJ has the cardas cables 25% off during the minth of august.

And if beleive they deliver to australia and are a lot cheaper than buying local....in case you were still considering it @UntilThen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back