Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jul 18, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #11,101 of 13,132
I owned the 2016 fazor LCD-2 and thought they were the most un-engaging headphones I found in a while. All LCD headphones have recessed upper mids but the 2016 drivers sounded more veiled, grainy and distant.

I've never been impressed with any of the LCD line technically, my HD650 outperformed them in resolving power but the older LCD-2.1 sounded really nice and mellow and had a smoother treble than what's found today. The LCD-2 2016 use a newer material to help with durability but it really doesn't help the sound.

Jul 18, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #11,103 of 13,132
I owned the 2016 fazor LCD-2 and thought they were the most un-engaging headphones I found in a while. All LCD headphones have recessed upper mids but the 2016 drivers sounded more veiled, grainy and distant.

I've never been impressed with any of the LCD line technically, my HD650 outperformed them in resolving power but the older LCD-2.1 sounded really nice and mellow and had a smoother treble than what's found today. The LCD-2 2016 use a newer material to help with durability but it really doesn't help the sound.

I've heard 2 2016 LCD-2f and I still like my 2014 Fazor mainly because the mids are not recessed, its almost as good as my HD650 but the bass and treble are better extended on the LCD-2f. I don't think the HD650 is very resolving headphone, about the same as the LCD-2f and SRH-1840 to me.

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #11,104 of 13,132
DEFINITELY less fatiguing than the LCD-2

I understand that we all hear differently, however I struggle to comprehend how anyone would find the LCD 2 sound fatiguing in any sense. I get that some might find the weight fatiguing, albeit these aren't portable headphones, but then the LCD 3 being less fatiguing doesn't fit in a weight context.

In what way do you find the LCD 2 more fatiguing than the LCD 3?

Jul 19, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #11,105 of 13,132
I understand that we all hear differently, however I struggle to comprehend how anyone would find the LCD 2 sound fatiguing in any sense. I get that some might find the weight fatiguing, albeit these aren't portable headphones, but then the LCD 3 being less fatiguing doesn't fit in a weight context.

I find it fatiguing in the sense that the mid-range is more forward, bass is more elevated, and the highs can have peaks. These aspects are more subdued in the LCD-3's sound signature. I'm also realizing that this can be because there are times where my volume levels may be too high!

Jul 19, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #11,106 of 13,132

The LCD-2 does have a rough treble with a few peaks and dips. I can see that bothering some.

I don't get why people say the mids are forward though the LCD line has always had recessed mids.

Jul 19, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #11,109 of 13,132
I read through this thread before, but now I can't find the search function to try and read comparisons between the LCD-2F and the LCD-2 ..
I have an opportunity to purchase the Pre-Fazor, made in 2013.

Can anyone tell me the differences in sonic signature?
Thanks!

EDIT: from what I remember reading the Pre-Fazor models have more bass quantity (less quality), more of a roll-off in the treble, and a more narrow soundstage.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #11,110 of 13,132
I read through this thread before, but now I can't find the search function to try and read comparisons between the LCD-2F and the LCD-2 ..
I have an opportunity to purchase the Pre-Fazor, made in 2013.

Can anyone tell me the differences in sonic signature?
Thanks!

EDIT: from what I remember reading the Pre-Fazor models have more bass quantity (less quality), more of a roll-off in the treble, and a more narrow soundstage.

The search function is in the top banner. Check the 'Search this thread only' option.

Jul 20, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #11,112 of 13,132
Hi all, just to say I'm selling my Shedua LCD-2s in the For Sale forum (Mnfr. Feb 2017) complete with Lohb strap.

Jul 20, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #11,114 of 13,132
So some time ago, after reading @PinkyPowers review of LCD-2, I knew I eventually had to pick them up, and I did in February this year. After long decision making, I ended up pairing them with mojo for an ultimate coding in bed with headphones experience, and this week I finished up the setup when I after 15 weeks received a cable from Frank at Toxic Cables. This is it :)
EXhbzdel.jpg

Jul 20, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #11,115 of 13,132
Looks like a killer setup. Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back