Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jul 22, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #8,791 of 13,139
Some people like to listen with their wallets.
wink_face.gif

My wallet is tone deaf so that is helpful.

Jul 22, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #8,792 of 13,139
  Sounds like you have enjoyed some great speaker systems in your day. The Naim must be beautiful. I almost bought a Supernait2 as I had a nice pair of Neat Motive speakers at the time. I hear that many Hugo owners who also tried the Mojo really felt that the Mojo brought most of the sound quality for a greatly reduced price so I suspect the Mojo will suffice unless you like really high volume playback.

I had the Supernait 2 and the NDX with the power supply (can't remember the name) and it was magical. Of course, the Aavik is in a different league sonically.
Yeah, Mojo plays loud to the LCD-2, no worries there. Same power as Hugo, shorter battery life.

Thanks! I appreciate your input. A shorter battery life is not a deal breaker for me as I will only use it for a few hours at a time.

Awesome, and not unexpected feedback. I think Chord must have killed off Hugo sales quite a bit with the introduction of the Mojo.

This I do not doubt. For Chord to be able to release a sub 1k product is simply stellar and stiffens up the competition in the portable amps department.

Funny, in the video I just linked they bring up that exact same point. Apparently it's been the opposite.

Link to the video please. :)

Jul 22, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #8,793 of 13,139
Link to the video please. :)

Lol, it's in my reply to you on the previous page, which I also linked from the Mojo thread in my reply to you there. :)

Oh heck, here it is in this post (again):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/509710/audeze-lcd-2-impressions-thread/8775#post_12739126

Jul 22, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #8,794 of 13,139
Lol, it's in my reply to you on the previous page, which I also linked from the Mojo thread in my reply to you there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh heck, here it is in this post (again):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/509710/audeze-lcd-2-impressions-thread/8775#post_12739126

Sorry, I missed that. You guys type faster than I could read. Watching the video now. Thanks again.

Jul 22, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #8,795 of 13,139
@rded, damn while I don't think one need spend the kind of money the U300 runs, I would be lying if I said I wouldn't spend that kind of money if I could, because if I was financially able, I know damn well that I would. I know the laws of diminishing returns are always at play, but the U300 must have an almost ethereal quality about it with the right speakers. What speakers are you using by the way?

Jul 22, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #8,796 of 13,139
  @rded, damn while I don't think one need spend the kind of money the U300 runs, I would be lying if I said I wouldn't spend that kind of money if I could, because if I was financially able, I know damn well that I would. I know the laws of diminishing returns are always at play, but the U300 must have an almost ethereal quality about it with the right speakers. What speakers are you using by the way?

I currently have the Raidho XT-3s. I understand that both the Raidhos and the Aavik are not cheap. I love my hobby. Some people collect cars, motorcycles, and stuff, yet my passion is in HiFi. This system did not happen overnight, though; this was years and years in the making of buying gear and trading up for better components, etc.

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #8,797 of 13,139

I currently have the Raidho XT-3s. I understand that both the Raidhos and the Aavik are not cheap. I love my hobby. Some people collect cars, motorcycles, and stuff, yet my passion is in HiFi. This system did not happen overnight, though; this was years and years in the making of buying gear and trading up for better components, etc.

I wonder if women are cheaper?  Damn that is some really nice gear.

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #8,798 of 13,139
Jul 22, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #8,799 of 13,139
Jul 22, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #8,800 of 13,139
You can't sell a used woman for upgrades, and in the end they always get half!!

Says the man who's happily married.... Sorry wife!

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #8,801 of 13,139
wow, didn't know women were such a touchy subject
blink.gif
, I consider myself really lucky to have my current GF, she lets me do what I want and she loves listing to music also, even came with her own headphones LOL.  The LCD-2 is one of those that she just does not like due to the weight no matter how good they sound.

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #8,803 of 13,139
  wow, didn't know women were such a touchy subject
blink.gif
, I consider myself really lucky to have my current GF, she lets me do what I want and she loves listing to music also, even came with her own headphones LOL.  The LCD-2 is one of those that she just does not like due to the weight no matter how good they sound.

Same here! I am really lucky to have a very understanding wife. Turns out, she's able to enjoy the system more than I do as she works from home. Not sure how she'll take the LCD-2s if I buy them...then again, my birthday is only a few months away.
darthsmile.gif

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #8,804 of 13,139
wow, didn't know women were such a touchy subject:blink: , I consider myself really lucky to have my current GF, she lets me do what I want and she loves listing to music also, even came with her own headphones LOL.  The LCD-2 is one of those that she just does not like due to the weight no matter how good they sound.

Just guys being guys! My wife is very supportive of my hobby, but she isn't less expensive, that's for sure. :)

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #8,805 of 13,139
Just guys being guys! My wife is very supportive of my hobby, but she isn't less expensive, that's for sure.
smily_headphones1.gif

My wife too!  She wants me to get whatever I want, as long as I don't just start collecting a lot of unused equipment.  Fair enough in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back