Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #8,041 of 13,139
Really enjoy the sound of the LCD2.2 pre-Fazor I have, especially paired w Liquid Carbon amp Balanced.

The thing is the earpads started to peel pretty badly at the rims due to its age, well, only 2.5 years, not really too old. But the earpads look very bad...

On their website, it says the earpads were made from the best lamb skin from somewhere in Italy. But these don't really ok that way. For such a pair of expensive headphones, I really didn't expect this could happen so soon. They still sound great, and are still pretty comfortable to wear, but these look really ugly.

How about you guys' copies? Any of you had the same problem w yours?

The part that is flaking off is not the leather part but the plastic part of the ear pads ( so it seems to me).

Mine are like on their first day. But I also use their leather cleaner every other months and treat them with it.....

Will take a picture once I am home (reminds me they are due for another treatment...).

https://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/audeze-leather-care-kit

Cheers.

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #8,042 of 13,139
The part that is flaking off is not the leather part but the plastic part of the ear pads ( so it seems to me).

Mine are like on their first day. But I also use their leather cleaner every other months and treat them with it.....

Will take a picture once I am home (reminds me they are due for another treatment...).

https://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/audeze-leather-care-kit

Cheers.

Thanks. I do have and use leather care oil on all my leather earpads too. None but these got this problem :frowning2:

Apr 4, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #8,043 of 13,139
Thanks. I do have and use leather care oil on all my leather earpads too. None but these got this problem
frown.gif

Hmm, maybe you just got a bad pair of these ear pads. I would send this photo to Audeze customer support - after all, these are expensive items and you can expect a long life, maybe they will help you. I think it's definitively worth a shot.

Cheers.

Apr 4, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #8,045 of 13,139

Where I live the HD 650 is 320 euros and the LCD 2F is 950, do you guys think the LCD is worth the price difference?
I'm using an ODAC and a Fiio E12 btw.

I have the LCD2 coming in the mail and will do a comparison this week. 

@carloosg8 with that set up yes. The LCD2 will sound better. The HD650 is not even close. It takes a really expensive amp to get the HD650 to sound close to the LCD2 but even then its debatable. I would go for the LCD2 first no questions. Even better would be to save a little extra and find a used LCD-X that will sound a lot better than both and is easier to power. In fact my LCD2 will be leaving eventually. I have had the 650,all the lcd models except for the XC and 4 and find it to be decent but really not on par with the others. 

Apr 4, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #8,046 of 13,139
Nobody here is claiming that 650 is sonically superior to the LCD-2.

For many, however, 650 more consistently performs very well across more genres of music. It's not "neutral" or as "transparent" as other HPs, but it is still the "champ" for comfort-listening, like comfort-food.

Apr 4, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #8,047 of 13,139
rolleyes.gif
no wonder you are on my block list. I shouldn't have un-hidden your message.  The user asked for a recommendation and I gave it.  Obviously he wants to know if it is worth it and with his amp/dac set up he won't get much out of the HD650 especially with the e12. The e12 lacks soundstage and openness, something that the lcd2 does a little better at and I don't think it will make a good combination at all. I have actually had all of the items mentioned. 

wrongly mistaken, sorry
frown.gif

Apr 4, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #8,048 of 13,139

rolleyes.gif
no wonder you are on my block list. I shouldn't have un-hidden your message.  The user asked for a recommendation and I gave it.  Obviously he wants to know if it is worth it and with his amp/dac set up he won't get much out of the HD650 especially with the e12. The e12 lacks soundstage and openness, something that the lcd2 does a little better at and I don't think it will make a good combination at all. I have actually had all of the items mentioned. 

??? 
confused.gif

Heck, I wasn't even addressing you.

We are all expressing our opinions. I used to own LCD-2.2 (no, I don't list all past gear like some members do), and found it to be less enjoyable than 650 and 560.

Keep me on your block list.

Apr 4, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #8,049 of 13,139

rolleyes.gif

??? 
confused.gif

Heck, I wasn't even addressing you.

We are all expressing our opinions. I used to own LCD-2.2 (no, I don't list all past gear like some members do), and found it to be less enjoyable than 650 and 560.

Keep me on your block list.

Well, since I misread your comment a sincere apology is in order. Also you could be on my block list from something a few years ago for wich we both do not remember. I was being a bit snide and prejudice because you were on my list and instantly assumed your message was a direct comment to my simple recommendation. 

If you accept it I apologize. 

Apr 4, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #8,050 of 13,139
  Well, since I misread your comment a sincere apology is in order. Also you could be on my block list from something a few years ago for wich we both do not remember. I was being a bit snide and prejudice because you were on my list and instantly assumed your message was a direct comment to my simple recommendation. 

If you accept it I apologize. 

I accept your apology. Peace.

It's too easy to mis-read/mis-interpret online postings. We all do it, at one time or another.

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #8,051 of 13,139
  @carloosg8 with that set up yes. The LCD2 will sound better. The HD650 is not even close. It takes a really expensive amp to get the HD650 to sound close to the LCD2 but even then its debatable. I would go for the LCD2 first no questions. Even better would be to save a little extra and find a used LCD-X that will sound a lot better than both and is easier to power. In fact my LCD2 will be leaving eventually. I have had the 650,all the lcd models except for the XC and 4 and find it to be decent but really not on par with the others. 

Do you prefer LCD-X or 2F with EDM?

Apr 4, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #8,054 of 13,139

I bet you prefer lcdx over lcd2.
For twice the price.

Have you had a chance to compare silent revision LCD 2 to X? I only heard a fazor model last year but apparently silent revision takes the bass back to pre-fazor level. I agree that LCD 2's lower price is very attractive.

Apr 4, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #8,055 of 13,139

Have you had a chance to compare silent revision LCD 2 to X? I only heard a fazor model last year but apparently silent revision takes the bass back to pre-fazor level. I agree that LCD 2's lower price is very attractive.

What's the silent revision? I just got a lcd2 from Audeze, bass sounds great on my pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back