Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Mar 24, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #7,952 of 13,134
It's 11.5" from the top, from amazon, they only have the cherry left (mine is Mahogany finish):
http://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Routers-Wooden-Headphone-Cherry/dp/B01BZGY2QU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1458866761&sr=8-3&keywords=alpha+routers

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #7,953 of 13,134
  It's 11.5" from the top, from amazon, they only have the cherry left (mine is Mahogany finish):
http://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Routers-Wooden-Headphone-Cherry/dp/B01BZGY2QU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1458866761&sr=8-3&keywords=alpha+routers

Thanks, for the info.  One more question, would it fit 2 headphones?

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #7,954 of 13,134
It would be a tight squeeze, maybe if one of them is really small. They (Alpha Routers) also have makes for 2 sets too: http://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Routers-Wooden-Headphone-Double/dp/B01BZH9DGS/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1458867756&sr=8-7&keywords=alpha+routers

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #7,955 of 13,134
@Alchemist007, I asked as the LCD-2 on your stand looked like it took up most of the space
rolleyes.gif

Mar 25, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #7,957 of 13,134
[COLOR=373E4D]Hello every one[/COLOR][COLOR=373E4D]
[/COLOR][COLOR=373E4D]I have a philips fidelio x2 headphone with NFB-11 and every thing is good for me but i decided to upgrade and experience something more impressive.[/COLOR][COLOR=373E4D]
[/COLOR][COLOR=373E4D]A few days ago i asked for help from you because i am confused between HE-560 and LCD-2 headphone.[/COLOR][COLOR=373E4D]
[/COLOR][COLOR=373E4D]My important question is: i want you to compare between X2 and LCD-2 in terms of the bass and the soundstage because my use is for movies and music[/COLOR][COLOR=373E4D]
[/COLOR][COLOR=373E4D]Thank you very much[/COLOR]

The LCD2 has a much smaller soundstage than the x2, although it has better instrument separation and imaging. While not as boomy as the x2 in Bass, it is far more tight and accurate and has superior sub-bass.

Mar 25, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #7,958 of 13,134
  I have an old home theater receiver (Sony STR-K665P.) that I thought I'd try out with my LCD-2 (just went over to my tv area and used a CD in the dvd player, too lazy to hook up to the ODAC/PC). The experience was interesting! In 2-channel mode I found the best results, there was very good instrument separation and you could hear practically everything in the sub-bass; unfortunately the mids are too recessed and vocals in particular took a backseat. It was still a very smooth experience. I wouldn't mind playing around with all the music on my PC but I can't really bring the hulking thing over in a practical manner, as I'd like to keep it there for my tv movies.

Thought I'd follow up on this, turns out the sound was different because of the DVD player, not the receiver. Only was able to test this today when I got my wire which let me hook it up to my O2/ODAC and use that DAC. O2 vs the receiver and it sounds almost the same! So I'm almost certain now I want my next purchase to be a new DAC. Was eyeing the Mojo, Bifrost MB, and recently read about the Parasound Zdac.

Mar 27, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #7,959 of 13,134
I picked up a Chord Mojo to go with my LCD-2's early last week.  This is it.  I think I'm done.

My other headphones have taken a back seat to the LCD-2's now.  The HD700's have excellent detail and tight bass, but sound too thin for the rock and metal I like.  The TH-X00's sound great and are really fun with the music I like, but lack some of the detail that the LCD-2's provide.  The LCD-2's just handle everything with ease!

At first, the clamping force and extra weight bothered me a bit, but I've grown used to it now.  I can wear them for hours on end and still feel comfortable.

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #7,960 of 13,134
  I picked up a Chord Mojo to go with my LCD-2's early last week.  This is it.  I think I'm done.

My other headphones have taken a back seat to the LCD-2's now.  The HD700's have excellent detail and tight bass, but sound too thin for the rock and metal I like.  The TH-X00's sound great and are really fun with the music I like, but lack some of the detail that the LCD-2's provide.  The LCD-2's just handle everything with ease!

At first, the clamping force and extra weight bothered me a bit, but I've grown used to it now.  I can wear them for hours on end and still feel comfortable.

Thanks for sharing your impressions. I'm likely to follow your route too.
I own TH-X00's and planning to buy Chord Mojo in the coming weeks and saving up for Audeze LCD2 too.

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #7,961 of 13,134
Got my first taste of the Audeze house sound in finally getting an lcd2. Holy man do I love this sound signature. I cannot believe how musical and natural it sounds out of the Mojo, even at much lower volumes than I normally listen to.

I got the impression that the lcd2 lacks in soundstage and detail. I do not agree with that assessment. I would say soundstage is natural, right the way it should be. It is a layered soundstage, with depth that I can discern. Detail is very good to my ears, clearly picking out nuances in the music that hard generally very hard to hear.

I am really, really impressed with how these sound. Wow!

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #7,962 of 13,134
Got my first taste of the Audeze house sound in finally getting an lcd2. Holy man do I love this sound signature. I cannot believe how musical and natural it sounds out of the Mojo, even at much lower volumes than I normally listen to.

I got the impression that the lcd2 lacks in soundstage and detail. I do not agree with that assessment. I would say soundstage is natural, right the way it should be. It is a layered soundstage, with depth that I can discern. Detail is very good to my ears, clearly picking out nuances in the music that hard generally very hard to hear.

I am really, really impressed with how these sound. Wow!

TB Isone V3 will take care of subtle sound-stage shaping.
Plug-in for WIN/OSX

http://www.toneboosters.com/tb-isone/

How do they compare to Ether-C on immediate impressions ?

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #7,963 of 13,134
Immediate impression is that the lcd2 has a thicker sound than ether c, but not as much as I woukd have expected. Once broken in (250 plus hours now) the ether c has a nicely filled out mid to mid bass region that (with white pads) has a nice thickish sound too it to. Both have similar bass extension, though the lcd2 has much more authoritative impact. Top end I like better with lcd2. The ether c are definitely brighter, but I am not really sure that means better extension and/or detail. I love them both!

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #7,964 of 13,134
They're good compliments in my experience. I do find the ETHER C to be the more resolving, faster driver to my LCD-2.2, but my LCD-2 has that Audeze signature musicality.

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #7,965 of 13,134
They're good compliments in my experience. I do find the ETHER C to be the more resolving, faster driver to my LCD-2.2, but my LCD-2 has that Audeze signature musicality.

My early impressions agree with this. The ether c feels more nimble to me with fast music (fast electronic, metal, etc) . I am surprised how resolving the lcd2 is, not sure if I am finding the ether c more resolving, or if it sounds that way because of quicker transients and less decay. Time will tell. Definitely the lcd2 is more musical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back